Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Beta Signups for ESO Announced

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

One of 2013's most highly anticipated games is now accepting beta applications. Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Online Studios today announced that the beta signups for Elder Scrolls Online have begun and interested parties can just head to the official site and register. Timing and exact details for the beta will come at a later date, but with the launch expected before the end of 2013, the Beta can't be far off.  Read the below press release for more details:

Bethesda Softworks® and ZeniMax® Online Studios today announced that beta signups are now open for The Elder Scrolls® Online at ElderScrollsOnline.com.  Interested gamers simply have to go to the website and register for a chance to play. Selected beta registrants will be granted early access to beta test the game. They will be among the first to experience this epic world with others in one of 2013’s most highly-anticipated releases. Timing and details of the start of playtests will be provided at a later date to those who register.

“We’re really excited to get the game into players’ hands,” said Matt Firor, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “We receive invaluable feedback through the beta process, and that helps us ensure that the game will be one of the best online gaming experiences ever offered -- one worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise.”  

The Elder Scrolls Online brings the award-winning Elder Scrolls experience online for the first time. Using ZeniMax Online’s Megaserver technology, players will join one connected world with a built in social network that lets them stay up-to-date with everything their friends are doing. Megaserver technology avoids the hassle of shard selection and makes The Elder Scrolls Online one of the most socially enabled games ever created.  Whether playing alone, or with hundreds of friends, players can develop their own style of play as they embark upon an epic quest across Tamriel. 

Head on over to the official site and get signed up!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    WOOT FIRST

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Damn you Murphy! :P Just as i seen this and was going to post it you beat me to it haha
    Anyone else getting errors when applying?

Hero Evermore

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    Any of you fill out the form and get to the end and the Complete Application Button is still greyed out?  I am stuck there.
  • Sauteed_OnionSauteed_Onion Member Posts: 33
    Meow.
    Yeah appears its not actually accepting the apps. I get a screen saying go back did not process blagh blagh.

Hero Evermore

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322

Wow, people still say "epic fail"?

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    meh, can't even bring up the application.  The page doesn't exist according to chrome (probably overwhelmed yawn).  Good to know that they planned ahead.  One can always get a sense for how things will go as we move forward when the company is incapable of meeting demand for beta signups.  Not like there was even hype build up for weeks and weeks over the coming beta lol, had I not just thought to check the news before leaving for work would have never known lol.

I can fill out the app and I get this afterwards.

We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found.

Hero Evermore

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Signed and sealed, i wonder how many doomsayers on this site will sign up. Over at the beth forums we have a name for this site.

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120
    It worked for me and I got an e-mail confirmation, it may be they just got flooded.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Thedrizzle

Wow, people still say "epic fail"?

any attempts to invent a new word to replace 'epic fail' were epic fails.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Gah... tried twice and got the 'turn back adventurer page not found' rubbish... not a great first encounter with the company tbh. Can't even get a sign up running smoothly it seems. Ahh well, will try later.

And while it has, ofc, bugger all to do with the actual game, that trailer is nice.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Cool news.  I didn't realize they were this far along.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

I can fill out the app and I get this afterwards.

We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found.

Just applied successfully and did not encounter a single problem. Said my chanches to get an invite were above average which means they are still average :)

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Jojin
    It worked for me and I got an e-mail confirmation, it may be they just got flooded.

This was my problem, after a few refreshes I got my application through.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Ok, done. Let's see what this badboy actually offers. Test, test test!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Signed and sealed, i wonder how many doomsayers on this site will sign up. Over at the beth forums we have a name for this site.

Is it 'the place we go to troll the regular users with veiled insults'?

Having no luck at all /cry

game already hates me and it hasnt even started!

Hero Evermore

http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

In case for some reason the link the OP posted is broken or not working. Otherwise it could be due to site traffic and lots of people signing up at the same time.. Hope this helps

Just checked OP link seems locked up. Try the one i posted. It still works
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Gah... tried twice and got the 'turn back adventurer page not found' rubbish... not a great first encounter with the company tbh. Can't even get a sign up running smoothly it seems. Ahh well, will try later.

And while it has, ofc, bugger all to do with the actual game, that trailer is nice.

I guess we should all get used to your negativity over the coming months.

Way to judge someone on one post, just because they state having a page fail twice on a beta sign up (and all info lost) is not a great first encounter.

Just stating the truth, and so be it if that truth is deemed 'negative'.

Funny how you just picked up on the issue I stated and not the compliment I gave the trailer... must just be what you choose to focus on I guess.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Signed up. I hope I get in.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

[mod edit]

Way to judge someone on one post, just because they state having a page fail twice on a beta sign up (and all info lost) is not a great first encounter.

Just stating the truth, and so be it if that truth is deemed 'negative'.

Funny how you just picked up on the issue I stated and not the compliment I gave the trailer... must just be what you choose to focus on I guess.

[mod edit]

/sigh... OK, whatever, you are obviously just here to troll individuals and not talk about the sign up process, the trailer, or the game.

Moving on now.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    I´m in ! Yay

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !