Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you don't speak about Black Desert Online FTW !

ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Damn !!! it's an amazing game why you didn't speak about it !!!

They launch an new trailer ! totally awesome !

Make a news please !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SNFSw107MQs

NEWS :

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/1071-black-desert-online-preview-2

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well ok what do we know about this game?

A google search does not even bring up an official website..

Infact this is the top page in google..

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5381353#5381353

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Thanks to passionate guys :

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/1071-black-desert-online-preview-2

MMORPG.COM cover games only if you send them money ..

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Why talk about a game, on a western game site, that only has a release for Asia set?
  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251
     or if they are able to locate said game via google, which doesnt apply in this case. 

It does sound pretty good..

but i guess we are not going to see an english version for a very long time?

Also these look very lord of the rings..

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

They said they are looking for an Europeen and American publisher .. they'll release it for us for sure !

Mmorpg.com don't made news about this game this is why you know nothing about this game, but if you visit other site you'll read some good news about it ...

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Scellow

i'm 100% sure you received money from ArcheAge Dev for non talk about it !

I love a good conspiracy theory.  Tell me more.  Did the shadey dealings go down in a dark alley?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

The publishers would need to advertise the game a bit first, as others have said we cant even find an official website..
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Looked great....up until they started fighting.  Somehow the typical Asian fast-combo arcade fighting style just did not mesh with what the world looked like.  It looked like a Skyrim type setting, more real looking....then you see people flipping around in plate armor.

Asian MMOs seem unable to break the bonds of character prettiness.  Just by watching a couple of minutes of that trialer, I know there exists a beast race, a girl with tail race, a tall pretty-boy elven race, and odd looking mounts...

Western MMO developers cannot get out of the themepark mold, while their Asian counterparts cannot get out of the pretty character thing.

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

Looked great....up until they started fighting.  Somehow the typical Asian fast-combo arcade fighting style just did not mesh with what the world looked like.  It looked like a Skyrim type setting, more real looking....then you see people flipping around in plate armor.

Asian MMOs seem unable to break the bonds of character prettiness.  Just by watching a couple of minutes of that trialer, I know there exists a beast race, a girl with tail race, a tall pretty-boy elven race, and odd looking mounts...

Western MMO developers cannot get out of the themepark mold, while their Asian counterparts cannot get out of the pretty character thing.

i thought the same.

they should have a more realistic version like age of conan for example. the fighting in the trailer reminded me at guild wars 2. its not a totally bad system, but it doesnt fit into the rest of the world.

game companies are afraid of doing "normal" mmorpg combat anymore. in my opinion, average theme ark with standard combat is bad, but a good immersive sandbox with standard combat is good because combat and twitchiness isnt the most important thing.

something between and for me the best combat system so far ... age of conan. 

but i guess its too late for them and we shouldnt forget that the asian market seems more important for them and they probably love that style

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I've had my eye on this title for some time. It looks very interesting but like several others I'm a bit concerned about the underwear model-style characters and the bling bling-looking combat.

While it's very well done from a technical point of view I'd have prefered a grittier, more realistic style. It would have fit better with the world design and overall atmosphere of the game.

Still, it will probably be an awesome game feature-wise.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Here you can find some infos: Black Desert Online Preview

SUMMARY:

Here is a summary about the features of BDO (translation not 100% accurate, keep that in mind when reading some odd stuff):

And the structure of the world:

• Plot revolves around the Black Desert and the Kingdom of Khalfeon Valencia.
    • Confrontation is a magical resource "Black Stone", which is a source of energy and that is mined in the desert.
    • The game open seamless world with open dungeons (caves), but the developers promise to add to the game challenging closed dungeons (instances) for solo, party and raid groups.
    • Each property has its own physical space (not an instance, like in AA).
    World map and a brief description of it:
    • The picture above shows the world of Black Desert. Colorful area called Balenos. Below the Balenos is a territory called Serendia, and on the right you can see a large area Calpheon.
    • All three zones are located near the sea, so there are a large number of mountains and forests. If you go to the south, the weather turns colder and warmer in the north.
    • If you look to the right side, then your eyes gaze at the huge desert areas.
    Races and classes:
    • The game has a different kind of race of giants, hobbits, elves, dwarves and humans;
    • For each race is not yet invented special skills.
    • Player classes: fighter, ranger, sorcerer, beast and tamer (name not finalized) and is working on new.
    • Developers are considering a class system based on sex.
    Combat system:
    • Style battle system in action.
    • Non-target with an active block and dodge.
    • Advanced system of riding and fighting (the developers looked for Red Dead Redemption).
    PVP and siege:
    • The game will be a large-scale strategic siege using siege equipment, ladders, etc.
    • Developers are not going to set a limit on the number of participants in the siege (the other information is up to 400).
    • The game will be an advanced system of siege weapons: a gun, you must first charge the kernel, roll into position, aim, set the trajectory of the projectile and the like.
    • PK will be, but the details are still under discussion.
    • The player will drop items, but this does not apply to all type of items.
    • Player can not "Resurrect" in place of death.
    Weapons and equipment:
    • Will be items that are cosmetic only play a role.
    Real estate, trade and production of:
    • Players are allowed to acquire thousands of objects in the game world like mansions, warehouses, factories, vegetable beds, where they can live, conduct production and trade.
    • Players will be able to harvest, mine, and get special products in each village.
    • Each region has its own unique products.
    • The game will be an advanced trading system and in some cases, players will receive a profit or incur losses from volatility in market prices.
    • NPC will take part in trade and production (the player will be able to establish friendly relations and to hire them).
    • Players will need to craft a house.
    • Crafting process is not too difficult, but will need to produce armor very rare materials, which are very difficult to obtain.
    • BDO is in-system ownership and management of real estate.
    • Construction homes are not planned, but players will be able to set up the tents.
    Guild:
    • Guild system will be implemented through the hiring and hired workers will be able to perform different jobs (for example, work on the farm).
    • Each player during the study of the world game will receive "explore point" for the discovery of new places, completing quests, killing special monsters, etc., which will then invest "explore nodes", which will give different benefits depending on the area.
    • When joining the guild, these "explore nodes", belonging to players, will dock, which will determine the area of ??activity (approx. Mel: influence?) Guild.
    • Guild may become bankrupt.
    Terms and technical details:
    • A full-scale development is 1 year and 8 months.
    • The game employs about 50 people.
    • Percentages-game ~ 65% (already implemented a siege and class skills), now developers are busy and-game content.
    • Indicative-term release of the game - the end of 2013.
    • The first beta may be held in the first half of 2013.
    • Development-led MMO industry veteran Kim Deil, creator RYL (Risk Your Life), R2 (Reign of Revolution) and C9 (Continent of the Ninth), issued by Hangame Korea.
    • BDO uses the engine of its own.
    • Game site will be closer to the beta.
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    [mod edit]

Anyway, I watched the trailer and I think it looks promising.  If asian graphics turn you off then you won't play it.  Although I don't think it looks really asian like some games can.  It seems to have many of the feature that alot of people here are clamoring for as well.  Time will tell, as in all things.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Because it's not being released in the west.