Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SimCity MMO :)

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

I don't know if MMORPG.com is willing but the recent games they have added overtime, I highly consider SimCity as a MMORPG. 100% Online game, Play with friend/online players, RPG? I mean this part I never knew how to compare it but I mean I always felt if you start a city with a population of one and grew it and trade with other players and full out large scale Simulation I feel that kind of ends up pretty much as a RPG.

Anyways I thought I put the 2 words in I mean there is a lot of games listed that are not RPG but MMO and I'm pretty sure this game is a MMO :)

SNIP

Comments

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194
    If said game is to be made and published by EA......no thanks!!!
  • Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I stopped caring for EA Games a long time ago, but this latest article just has me shaking my head at them.

http://mmofallout.com/2013/01/21/not-an-mmo-report-bugs-in-sim-city-or-ea-will-ban-you/

You can keep your MMO that isnt an MMO, I'd rather deal with more friendly and reputable companies, than being threatened.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

ah EA by requireing all my game to be online in order to play even if its single player i can take away your right to play all of them even if you paid for them,

there is a reason why i wont play EA or Blizzard game, and both involve their bloody online requirments for games and haveing a crappy as hell protection system.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I like the idea of a passive infrastructure simulation going on in the background.

I'm not convinced that EvE went in the right direction with their planetary infrastructure by adding more micromanagement.  I think it would have been interesting to see a game take a more simcity approach of eliminating daily micromanagement so that the gameplay was entirely focused on the initial prospecting, planning of your base and negotiating supply chain links.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I would rather play Civilization as a MMO.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Let's not, Sim City was amazing in it's day, let's leave it alone and not absolutely butcher it like they have done with 95% of the games out there. Remakes don't mean success.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.