Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, you wanna enjoy swtor? read on padawan..

Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

first off scumbags, let me preface this by saying i been a big hater of this game. My wife recently got me to enjoy it. Ima tell you how to enjoy this game from top to bottom. my wife and I playing two characters together and enjoying every minute of it.

so put your seatbelt on and hold on to your c3p0 (r2d2's for you ladies). and enjoy the ride and the guide.

First of all you WoW kiddies, guild wars zoners, and whackos from all different genres and games. Drop your bows and arrows, your swords and staves. SWTOR is blasters, sabres, and an adventure.  you wanna kill ten wolves and rush to end game? do yah?! put that sh1t aside and take a step back on the hypderdrive train.

Get that a$eroth mentality out of your brain, we are in the future not the past.

There aint no pot of gold at the end of the force rainbow, so take your time. Read, watch, listen, follow, adapt, learn, and grow as the story grows you. Take your damn time and quit rushing to the end.  If you ignore the content, you'll end up ignoring the game. 

Back to normal talk here, out of all the stories let me tell you what to play. Roll a damn inquisitor. Zash is hot, not on a pixelated way, she totally just rocks(my wife agrees out of all the stories, zash rocks). Ignore every other story, the inquisitor story from start to finish will keep you on your heels, and the ending is so f'd up you'll get drunk and talk about it with your friends who don't even play the damn game. THey'll wonder if you're nuts, but the story is that good. So play a inquisitor to start.

other stories are great, operative, jedi knight etc...but the inquisitor is the best first timer story....seriously , f'd up , funny, serious, romantic ....it gots everyting yo!.

Crew skills! quit researching sh1t on google about "what is best". Ima tell you what's best, pick a damn craft and pick a damn gathering skill. Don't rush, make your crap, farm the mats, and again as pointed above take your time. THere is no hurry, there is no best , learn the recipes, craft your mods/gear and what you don't use sell or r/e. Stay away from google, you'll spend more time picking something and regretting it then picking something again. This brings me to my next point my apprentice.....'

oh did i mention quit searching for "best crew skills for x"....seriously... quit that cr@p and learn it yourself. You can easily fix anything later. Taking a cheat guide to a already easy game aint no damn fun and "AINT NO BODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!".

oh wait, hold the teleporter, oh wait not star trek. Anyways, ignore the "what is the best spec" on google too. Everything is useful. Learn to read, learn your class and pick what you think is best. SWTOR has a lot more freedom with companions and if you're a subscriber you can respect free....oh snap sidetracking again to my next point.

Pay the 15 bucks, get the sub benefits. ignore the cash shop garbage...'

k , so back to wherever i was i before.

alts....alts allow you the crafting forgiveness, so just build your first character "HOW YOU WANT"

oh so you got yourself a little chewy or han sidekick. I told you to roll inquisitor cause it has the most flexibility with your companions. Trust me on this shit, rolle a marauder and you'll be wiping dust off anyone other than talos. Inquisitor can play with all their little fun buddies, so enjoy.

oh im sorry you little tree hugging panzies can roll the jedi version of inquisitor if you want , don't know that story cause im a real badass. 

ho ho ho , so you're level 10 are you? what to do, big imperial fleet/ republic thingy...ready for some fun. NO, get yourself wet in pvp. You dun like pvp? you little wussy , suck it up and join up. Just play, enjoy it. You may suck, but you'll get better. Run around like you have an extra chromosone and just enjoy it.  Do this for about 3 games, and then go back to the story. Zash's hot@ss is waiting on us.

PvP in swtor is fun....More fun than WoW and other mmo's and no bullsh1t this is coming from an original wow top 50 arena teamer , garbage and quit when after wrath when they ruined the structure of arenas. So let me say this again, pvp in swtor is ENJOYABLE! there is so much more you can do in pvp than in any other game. I am sure that statement will s park a sh1t ton of responses so let me tell you this before you reply you little pvp'ers that really don't know what pvp is . I will refuse to respond to your pvp comments because swtor has no competitive scene, its about fun and oh huttball is the best damn thing since kim kardashian's sex tape.

Ahh cool, you're back to reality (im not) . Just continue doing your story, oh SNAP what's that, a datacron....let me tell you about these pain the arses, they are totally worth it. But get what you can and by all means use the dark side (google) to find them.

K, so we are now skipping along , and enjoying life. If you are somewhat smart, you're enjoying the story and progressing along. 

holy mother of all things holy, we get a mother f'ing space ship. Yup, damn thing has a bank and houses your companions...(zash !!! later , but not what you think).  betting you're excited about blowing some sh1t up in your badass space ship? Take a chill and brace yourselves, the ride's a bit bumpy. Space combat is best played when you're drunk if you want a challenge, otherwise do the shit for money and the occasional break. YOU GOT THAT? it's a distraction from our ultimate goal. i pray to buddha al the time for a real star wars space combat game but we'll just have to wait.

oh damn chewy (my wife) over here telling me to start addressing concerns as a i go along. people talk about immersion. Ima tell you the simple fix to this, you can thank me later and you can have bioware call and thank me personally.

TURN YOUR "M" off. The problem my little b1tches is that running around in this massive world you have your damn map open the whole time. Turn that thing off and challenge yourself, guarantee you turn your map off you'll feel some immersion. i shit you not , in all honesty, the biggest difference i've had between times  playing this game,  was my wife saying 'why don't you explore and get lost, getting lost is fun and you'll really learn where you're going without running aroudn with the map on". SInce then, i use it when i enter to see my npc and boom don't touch it again. Keep the damn walking with the map on , OFF! USE "M" less 

now, you're level 15, you got some crew skills, you got a retarded monster that wants to eat things, and you're wondering what next. This , i leave to you but i'll return to normal talk again and let you know how i feel.

If you take your time, and you soak up the story. You thoroughly enjoy the content. This game will last you 4 months just leveling. This isn't counting datacrons, crafting, pvp'ing, and all your companion storylines. So, PAY THE 15$. bioware chose the darkside of the force and shafted people by limitations. So, pay the 15 buck and ignore the cartel market, you'll thank me later.

First rule of torclub, don't rush, second rule , don't rush. When you finally hit fitty, you will think again the WoW route. Find your niche, joine a group of people. Find a group that DOES EVERYTHING!. do not get stuck in the wow mentality, for the 9000000000 time. You have got to drop it, it's like quitting smoking and starting to chew gum instead. It may seem like you're missing the cigs but your just doing something new. 

oh luke wanted me to tell you about performance. ANyone with brains knows this game engine is not optimal, if you have issue is with performance pm me, and i'll help you. I work on pc's for a living and can help you get the most bang out of your buck playing swtor if you have issues. Although, swtor doesn't like amd's very much, we'll get you to decent frame rates with some adjustments.

i have had a little too much hotheken tonight so, im a little buzzed. I will edit this later, but i hope you people on teh fence understand that you are missing a great time if you really TAKE YOUR TIME and enjoy the story and build yourself into a badass inquisitor (assassin preferable, cause assassins are the bestest).

-Demmi

Comments

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    I'm contacting the Vatican. Your wife is obviously a saint.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Wow, just wow.  I had to stop about halfway though it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    The game itself is alright. My only issues with it are the tab targeting combat system, the lack of gamepad support, and that the F2P restrictions are ridiculous. And I'm supposed to subscribe (i.e. pay money) after the game went F2P just to enjoy it exactly how it should be? Sorry Bioware and EA, I'm not falling for that reverse psychology shit. You don't have any "force persuasion" on me. And actually, this message goes out to all the developers and publishers out there who are thinking of pulling the same crap, or have already done it.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I could only make it to about halfway of the third paragraph before image...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by Slampig
    I could only make it to about halfway of the third paragraph before image...

sorry dude, big night of wine drinking and had diarrhea of the fingers typing. I do enjoy the misfits though if you are actually fan...not many old school rockers around these days.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

There should be a law against posting more than 1000 words of hyperbole, lol.

PS: OP should've used the energy to do a pos-grad degree instead. The amount of time you spent on writing that you could've already gradtuated with an MBA degree.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    i actually  used grammar and spell check in my mba papers though dude, sorry you don't like where im coming from in swtor.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    The gist of that long winded rant is correct. Take your time and don't worry about best specs. Any time I'm asked about best spec or best this or that I tell them this isn't WOW. The biggest reason I love my guild is it quarentees that I won't be dealing with the WOW kiddies. Too many of them want to rush thru the content and get beligerant when you don't want to do the same.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• cartermaticcartermatic Member Posts: 53
    i actually enjoyed this thread. made it exciting to read even though it was long. and grats to you enjoying swtor. now if only i could find a home =S haha

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Alternate title: "So, you wanna possibly enjoy ANY MMO EVER? Read on..."

This could have been said about any game. It's also incorrect, because not everyone enjoys gaming in the same way. Saying what works best for you isn't going to work for everyone.

Also, just an FYI, but people have been saying the exact same things as you likely since the beginning of MMO's. This is nearly the same as stuff I read ten years ago, with different games of course. :P

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Pure effing gold.
  • Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Demmi77

i have had a little too much hotheken tonight so, im a little buzzed. I will edit this later, but i hope you people on teh fence understand that you are missing a great time if you really TAKE YOUR TIME and enjoy the story and build yourself into a badass inquisitor (assassin preferable, cause assassins are the bestest).

I'd say someone has had far more than a "little too much." My thoughts while  reading this ranged from "trolling for sure" to "WTF?"

EDIT:

That said, glad you're enjoying the game. ; )

• shazzmonshazzmon Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Best. read. evar!
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

OP's next thread: How I had a root canal and loved it Bitches!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Honestly, they really did a great job on the sizing of the worlds.  I don't mean that you can run from one edge to the other without limits, i'm saying the size of everything is right. The fleet station is HUGE.  Ships fit in the station and aren't oversized. Buildings are HUGE yet the insides work.

They put a ton of effort into the actually sizing and feel of the planets.  I love that. 

But really, people are going to ignore this. They have their preconcieved conceptions about the game and they wont change.  Even if they try the game, they hated it before they started and hate it while they play it and will hate it saying how right they were.  And many haven't even played it.

They hate EA, Bioware, Star Wars, or some other reason, so of course this game is hated for those reasons.

There are many valid reasons to not like the game.  For those that have played it and actually tell why and not just "lol TorTanic' or something, more power to ya.

The game isn't amazing. But it's a very fun story driven game for me. And it's star wars.

• neve1272neve1272 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    thanks OP fun read and i agree
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've found the best way to "enjoy" it is to get an old keyboard and rewire it so it automatically presses the space bar every 5 seconds.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    lol just reads like gibberish to me :P. you insult other games just because this one has glow sticks, well you do know epic gear in those other games, does glow too!
  • BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78

Tl:DR Brainwashed by wife with sex now thinks Swotr is great game.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Jesus christ

I must worship  your Wife if she can put up with this every day of her life

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Read between the lines, and you'll see just how plowed he had to get to enjoy SWTOR.

• TigasnakeTigasnake Member Posts: 33
    I stopped reading when he said Inquisitors had the best story.  As a long time Sorc, the only enjoyment out of the story was the ending.  It's the only memorable moment of their whole storyline.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Hilarious. Even moreso if serious.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

so now that my wife and have the worst headaches ever. I have to admit i don't even remember writing this now.

i think it was e.e cummings that said "write drunk revise sober, or write sober and revise drunk". Don't think i'll revise this as im trying to figure out what i was saying.

I think the general point i was getting across is that for the past 10 years or so of mmo gaming. i've always rushed to the end. I have no clue what the story of WoW is and was. Guild wars, aoc, tsw, etc..

I changed my mentality to play differently and am thoroughly enjoying swtor. I am going to revisit guild wars 2, tsw and many more games. My wife enjoys just about every mmo even the ones i considered garbage. So as we were getting plowed on some very nice imported wine, she was telling me that i shouldn't try to rush and just enjoy it.

I am like this in my personal life as well. When we go shopping i want to get in and get out. She stops smells the candles, gets samples of food , looks at things etc.. I have always been a rusher in everything, so this is more of a personal achievement than a flame or persuasion. If you have my personality type , this thread (if you can translate it) may give you some insight.

-demmi