Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this game under the radar here!

124»

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Combspe
    You cant deny dev confirmed posts like "you can only play in one province per character" for instance which a large majority is not in favor of.I can link a few interviews if you like?How about this^

http://youtu.be/f1dqCjnATWg?t=4m19s

Looking for the actual text quote, will update when i find the interview.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Sideras
    Originally posted by 3-4thElf

I think even people excited for this meh game hopes it's an end of a completely useless cycle.

Taking the 2003 era theme park model and forcing it on an IP just can't be exciting any longer. Plus Elder Scrolls fans like me (there's a few out there like me) are completely disgusted with the pigeon holed cookie cutter game they're hoping to cash in on.

Any Elder Scrolls game that lacks the ability to customize a class, free roam, join any faction isn't an Elder Scrolls game.

But you can free roam and customize your class. I'm not going to say it will be a success or anything cause quite frankly we haven't seen enough yet.

Skyrim strayed away abit from being an Elder Scrolls game the day they decided to dumb the game down by limiting who can die and removing all consequence from joining a certain faction. I don't mind streamlining but imo newer games should improve on past installments, not downgrade and remove things.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic about TESO and by this point you should know that this isn't a pure ES game (like no shit kid).

Well even you said a bit. Each game has been different, but none of them have been as restrictive as this piss poorly planned title has been. I'm hoping it launches, everyone who's even remotely optimistic buys it, it crashes after 3 months like every other cookie cutter title. Within a year be free to play. And then hopefully maybe this era of been there done that MMO development ends.

The changes for TESO for an Elder Scroll series isn't progressive. What you call dumbing down a lot of people saw as streamlining to focus on the action. 

Having classes, locked content per race, a terribly uninspired pvp system (DAoC is fucking OLD), no innovation for the genre, a step back in graphics, classes, tab combat. It's just all two steps back to cash in on the already tiring MMO model. It's completely daft to see a AAA developer do the same thing so many before them have done just to fail in the same way.

If it doesn't launch at least buy to play then they've lied to their investors and have to keep a poker face to get through work they've done without doing proper research. It's sad to see and I hope it doesn't affect Bethesda Games, because the studio actually knows what they're doing.

a yo ho ho

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I think even people excited for this meh game hopes it's an end of a completely useless cycle.

Taking the 2003 era theme park model and forcing it on an IP just can't be exciting any longer. Plus Elder Scrolls fans like me (there's a few out there like me) are completely disgusted with the pigeon holed cookie cutter game they're hoping to cash in on.

Any Elder Scrolls game that lacks the ability to customize a class, free roam, join any faction isn't an Elder Scrolls game.

But you can free roam and customize your class. I'm not going to say it will be a success or anything cause quite frankly we haven't seen enough yet.

Skyrim strayed away abit from being an Elder Scrolls game the day they decided to dumb the game down by limiting who can die and removing all consequence from joining a certain faction. I don't mind streamlining but imo newer games should improve on past installments, not downgrade and remove things.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic about TESO and by this point you should know that this isn't a pure ES game (like no shit kid).

Well even you said a bit. Each game has been different, but none of them have been as restrictive as this piss poorly planned title has been. I'm hoping it launches, everyone who's even remotely optimistic buys it, it crashes after 3 months like every other cookie cutter title. Within a year be free to play. And then hopefully maybe this era of been there done that MMO development ends.

The changes for TESO for an Elder Scroll series isn't progressive. What you call dumbing down a lot of people saw as streamlining to focus on the action. 

Having classes, locked content per race, a terribly uninspired pvp system (DAoC is fucking OLD), no innovation for the genre, a step back in graphics, classes, tab combat. It's just all two steps back to cash in on the already tiring MMO model. It's completely daft to see a AAA developer do the same thing so many before them have done just to fail in the same way.

If it doesn't launch at least buy to play then they've lied to their investors and have to keep a poker face to get through work they've done without doing proper research. It's sad to see and I hope it doesn't affect Bethesda Games, because the studio actually knows what they're doing.

ESO doesn't affect what Bethesda is doing. They will still be making TES VI at some point down the road.

I don't understand your vitriol over this game. I love TES games. I plan on buying this one as well. I don't consider it to be part of the regular elder scrolls series. I will be playing it just for fun.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yeah daoc is old. But name one themepark that's done pvp better. You could make a case for the odd sandbox like eve, but no themepark mmo has come anywhere near offering a pvp experience like daoc. EVER.

Note: I don't think TESO will either due to thus megaserver bollox and all the cross realming that will come with it and also no option to roll on a ffa server.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

well i'll continue playing dumbed down mmo's and i'll let you throw money at kickstarter projects like a boss, at least ESO will see a release date.  ESO doesn't have tab combat and how do you know it has classes they haven't announce that yet, all i have heard them say is any class can wear any kind of armor and use any weapon, is that not breaking the mold somewhat? I'm looking forward to ESO and if it fails i won't see it as the end of the world either, life is too short to be constantly negative especially when it comes to something trivial like video games.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

ESO doesn't affect what Bethesda is doing. They will still be making TES VI at some point down the road.

I don't understand your vitriol over this game. I love TES games. I plan on buying this one as well. I don't consider it to be part of the regular elder scrolls series. I will be playing it just for fun.

Then buy a game that already does what they're doing. Rewarding carbon copy IP wash isn't helping the genre.

a yo ho ho