Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: More About the Daggerfall Covenant

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The second part of The Elder Scrolls Online "Ask Us Anything" centered on the Daggerfall Covenant has been posted on the official site. The team fielded questions from fans of the upcoming game and  covered a wide variety of topics including vampires and half-elves.

Why is the alliance called the Daggerfall Convenant? What made the Breton town of Daggerfall the main part of the name? – By Orange Jammonkey

It’s an accident of history. The First, or Breton, Daggerfall Covenant was a treaty of mutual defense signed by the Breton Kings after the defeat of Durcorach’s Reachmen Horde – which took place at Daggerfall. That battle before the gates of Daggerfall was also the first major victory of the young Emeric of Cumberland.

Read the full Q&A on The Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Zzz lore stuff. Still waiting on concrete details regarding the gameplay systems.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Seriously, is anyone really interested in this lore/background stuff at this stage? I dont care about these things untill they prove me they are making a good game, worthy of my time. THEN Ill gladly read all the lore they can possibly come up with..not the other way around.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

oh come on guys -be kind...we know about elder scrolls its heavy on Lore(which i personally love).  My GW2 guildies are pretty hyped abt this game were doin a guild expansion on its release.

so far looks pretty dark and no holiday or kiddie looking stuff planted on it. i welcome this change!

I love lore too but rly .. FIRST THE GAME , THEN LORE :D
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    He who don't listen to the lore, will forever be blind about what the game is about.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Xarko
    Seriously, is anyone really interested in this lore/background stuff at this stage? I dont care about these things untill they prove me they are making a good game, worthy of my time. THEN Ill gladly read all the lore they can possibly come up with..not the other way around.

SWTOR did the same thing, except the made actual vids and more intresting.  It generates a little hype and it gives it followers something to read up on.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Lore is the glue that keeps players playing.  You aren't going to go kill those ten bandits without a story telling you why you should go kill those bandits...or maybe players will these days.  I think I'm the only person that reads all the quest text lol.
  • FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Lore is the glue that keeps players playing.  You aren't going to go kill those ten bandits without a story telling you why you should go kill those bandits...or maybe players will these days.  I think I'm the only person that reads all the quest text lol.

The problem isn't with the lore itself. The problem is that we're not seeing any concrete details about the actual development of the game, like gameplay and other specifics. Last time I checked, TESO was supposed to be a game, not a book.

• BurninatorXBurninatorX Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by FallguyArmy

The problem isn't with the lore itself. The problem is that we're not seeing any concrete details about the actual development of the game, like gameplay and other specifics. Last time I checked, TESO was supposed to be a game, not a book.

EXACTLY!

For the people that keep complaining about people that are complaining about lore: we aren't complaining that there is too much lore or that we don't care about lore. Just the fact that they keep shoving lore down our throats instead of talking about (or more expectedly and better, SHOWING US) gameplay, mechanics, systems like crafting or combat is seeming shadier and shadier by the day.

I, for one, LOVE lore and story. But I'd like to know if the game that has it is even worth my time in the first place. Lore is great, but if nobody wants to play your shitty game then who's gonna see any of your lore? At this point nobody really knows if this game is going to be worth playing to even LEARN any of this lore. THAT is the problem.

TL;DR :  Lore is great but the game has to be worth playing to want to learn the lore.

Originally posted by BurninatorX
    Originally posted by FallguyArmy

EXACTLY!

For the people that keep complaining about people that are complaining about lore: we aren't complaining that there is too much lore or that we don't care about lore. Just the fact that they keep shoving lore down our throats instead of talking about (or more expectedly and better, SHOWING US) gameplay, mechanics, systems like crafting or combat is seeming shadier and shadier by the day.

I, for one, LOVE lore and story. But I'd like to know if the game that has it is even worth my time in the first place. Lore is great, but if nobody wants to play your shitty game then who's gonna see any of your lore? At this point nobody really knows if this game is going to be worth playing to even LEARN any of this lore. THAT is the problem.

TL;DR :  Lore is great but the game has to be worth playing to want to learn the lore.

Thank you !