Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash shop questions? Watch this interview.

xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pb4sRdyHU0&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL

Cash shop specifics are the first question asked. Now of course what they say and what they end up doing could be 2 completely diffrent things but they have talked about the cash shop several times and have always said the same thing.

The reason I bring this up is I keep seeing people saying they will be selling full respecs. I cant find the interview where they talk about that specifically but no, you wont be buying full respecs if they stick to thier word. They said they want you to reroll or have to invest time gathering ingame currency (orbs of regret) to respec.

Its worth a look at dev posts on thier forums. There is ALOT of misinformation floating around these forums from people who are making assumptions without having a clue what they are talking about.

Comments

• QuervoQuervo Member Posts: 4

I agree, it has been stated by the devs that full respecs were not going to be cash shop items several times (in forums and in game).    Its not really that difficult to correct mistakes while leveling, its that people want the option to totally change their passive tree with out making a new character.   Its not that hard to get regret orbs, I've sold 20 to one person before.

Maybe I'm weird but I like having to plan my build with out just picking randomn passives, its part of owning your (unique) character.  GGG also gives out free full respecs to anyone effected by passive tree changes due to patches.

Ways to Respec (Partially)

You get 4 respec points per tier from quests (Normal, Cruel, Ruthless, Merciless)

Regret Orbs (Can be looted, traded, and purchased from vendor using 2x Scour Orb or 8 Chance Orbs)

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    lol animations look somewhere between the quality of D1 and D2, graphics comparable with titan quest?
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I am interested in this one. Felt like D2 to me. I hope it is the same in later levels 

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    lol animations look somewhere between the quality of D1 and D2, graphics comparable with titan quest?

Never take a post seriously that starts with lol. Graphics are better than TQ but not by leaps and bounds. Also yes, TQ had pretty nice graphics in 2007. PoE has been in development since around that time period. Animations need work, but if you check out their forum, the devs have posted that they have one full time animator at the moment as they are a small company. Considering they are not charging customers to play their game, the cash shop will be their primary source of income. I believe, as do many of PoE's supporters, that they will stay true to their word and limit the cash shop to aesthetics, storage tabs and the like. We will see in just 2 days.

As a side note, I would like to say that if you loved D2 back in the day, and have been disappointed by the dumbed down money grab that was D3, you will love PoE!