Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DK Online: Open Beta Commences

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aeria Games has announced that DK Online is now officially in its open beta phase of development. Players interested in giving the game a try can download the client and begin playing today.

In addition, the team has laid out the details on several celebratory events that will be held now that the game is open to the public.

Find out more on the DK Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Looks very bad, went to the website, no effort put in it whats so ever, cant imagine how little effort the put in the game if they cant even make a website.
  • GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Game is not......good.

Iit's rather simple with few unimpressive FX, but the skills are basic at best. The game mechanics work like traditional tab target MMO ( which I don't mind ), but doesn't bring any amazment factor.

I really hope this game makes no $$ , we need to stop watering down this market, and lets put out some high quality games, i mean seriously, why would they make this game ?  why wouldnt I just play one of the laready 10000's of games out there just like this ?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Aeria is the bottom feeder when it comes to f2p MMO's.  They don't have anything close to be a decent title.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    for a minute i thought this was gonna be some kind of punk rock MMO in which case i wanted to have a character called JelloBiafra in a game called DK online.  then i saw it was just random aeria trash.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Entropy14
    Looks very bad, went to the website, no effort put in it whats so ever, cant imagine how little effort the put in the game if they cant even make a website.

http://dkonline.aeriagames.com/

Website looks nicely done to me....

• squad22345squad22345 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I'm playing the game and I don't know where MMORPG got this screen shot from but this game looks much better then this lol. Game is decent and graphics are rather good.
  • evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Donkey Kong online?
  • CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

It looks bad because it is.

Bad NPC speech,with bad English. it's repetitive, and boring, they all sound the same.

Game play is a real soonzer. The voice sounds for each spell My shadowmage cast was annoying and not really helpful. I love Asian chicks, god i do, but i don't want to hear grunts, and growls like she's in some martial arts class when she's suppose to be a caster. Save that for the melee stuff.

From what i heard from the melee classes, they are as just as annoying and repetitive too...

How about some whispery magical words if you have to have speech for casting???

On the plus side, I thought the spell progression was fast, and gave me access to all the different kinds of things I would want, with out feeling skill point starved.

I had good heals, good buffs, and decent enough damage to get along fine.

I do not like how the game consists of just field and fields of mobs randomly walking around doing nothing. That just doesn't work anymore, yet Devs still do this. Please for the love of the gods STOP IT. This is not 2001!

The game looks dated already, like it's from 2002-2003 era.

I understand that games tend to look fresher most of the time at release, but this game would need A FRIGGIN TON of work to get it up to even 2008-2009 levels.

I did enjoy the spell FX a good bit, in fact that's the only reason the game gets any props from me. The art work for the characters is also decent, as is some fo the stylization for SOME of the mobs. Some of them just looked downright silly.

QUESTING...

Every quest I did, with the exception of the get to know the people quest line was kill this or that. BORING! I mean I don't mind that for every other quest,(/monkeyface) BUT ALL OF THEM???

Grinding is long and tedious with out quests so there is no real alternative.

They have a lot of work to do if this title is going to make something for it's self. Otherwise, it will be

"Just another" ho hum mmo, and barely that.

I don't think it's ready for open beta... IMHO.

Final Verdict: 1.5/5

Had hoped for better, what I got was just another rehash...

CYBORWOLFTK

• SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I feel like my eyes were assaulted by CyborWolfTK 's post...  @_@

oh well the link they give in the article here dosnt take you there, the game still looks like junk anyways. i dont see why this site gives it any attention.

Be like a magazine for audiophiles putting a stero that can barely give you 70's am radio quality on the cover of their magazine.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I am a huge fan of Aeria games. I think they run very stable servers and offer longtime accounts like myself free cash goods all the time. One of my favorite fp2 companys. Though yes there games of late are not the best and DK online is not very fun either.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    YEAH DK ONLINE!!! Downloading...........Install to c:games.....Play....Uninstall.

Beta tester maniac

• releasemereleaseme Member Posts: 8
    OMG OPEN BETA gender lock /close page

• TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by evemaster00
    Donkey Kong online?

That's what I thought at first too! (which might not be a bad concept)

• CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

I am sorry my post hurt your eyes, Some of us are older and can't see as well anymore so small type hurts ours. I'll try to find a happy medium next time.

CyborWolfTK

P.S.

I've played this game a little bit more,and it is getting better, as far as content is concerned.

The 25+ game can accually be quite challenging.

But, Just as soon as I started to like the game the servers start to give up the ghost, either that, or the hampsters they have went Gangnam Style. With Hyuna around it's hardly a wonder why. I think I would too.