Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Preorder Bonuses Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has laid out the specifics for the bonuses for those choosing to preorder Defiance. In addition, a new teaser video has been released.

Defiance Pre-Order ($5) Bonuses Include:

• Outlander outfit helps you blend in with the locals

• Iron Demon title lets potential enemies know you are not to be messed with

• Retailer Exclusive pre-order weapon that gives you a leg up out of the gate

• 3-Day XP boost helps establish you on the battlefield

• Beta Invitation – get in the game early!

Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition ($99) Includes:

• Rare VBI Sentinel Shield helps you never let your guard down 

• In-game title:  Badlands Drifter

• Ark Infiltrator outfit – look good while crackin’ skulls

• Hydra heavy weapon helps you bring the boom early

• +5 Increased inventory space – don’t leave home without it

• 30-Day scrip boost – more everything!

• 30-Day XP boost – level up faster!

• Lock Box – sweet random rewards!

Find out more preorder editions/details on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Cool! Been playing it this weekend, pre-ordered!

• seraphin1seraphin1 Member Posts: 1
    same, i played in the beta this weekend. like it alot though i did wish they had had more of the area opened up to us. they really do need to up the arkfall events. where far and few between. and love that u get a four wheeler early on so u can just cut loose across the land scape
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Might of pre-ordered, sadly even though I had a beta key for some weeks I never got an email invite.  Oh well. /sad
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Please don't have lock boxes with cash shop keys.  That has runined every game they have been added to as developers spend more time making stuff for the boxes than doing anything else in game.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Originally posted by udon
    Please don't have lock boxes with cash shop keys.  That has runined every game they have been added to as developers spend more time making stuff for the boxes than doing anything else in game.

If you don't want to deal with them, don't. If they have an auction house, then that would be a good source of money selling them to people who want them.

• Jaychi72Jaychi72 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Get rid of the Rocket Launchers, Plasma Launchers and pretty much anything that a player can use as a weapon that explodes. PvP consists of astronauts space jumping, spamming their explosive weapons against newbs without them. So besides the PvP the game is pretty fun.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    never got a chance to play this beta event. Will wait to try it berfore i go ahead and pre order anything
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Damnit, Ford! I'm reading 5 bucks and I'm thinking: GOGOGOGOGOGO!

Then I get to the site and see it's 59.99! "Nuuuuuuuuuu!".

Just......damnit, Ford.

• eastercoweastercow Member UncommonPosts: 20

Had the same feeling, the PvP held me from preordering.

PvE part of the game looks pretty damn good imo.

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

I am very confused about which copy to pre order, which is why I haven't yet. It does say Subscription free, however the physical copies, talk about a DLC Season pass, is that for consoles only? Do PC people have to dish out for a lot of DLC? Is there even an ultimate edition for PC? Gamestop seems to say so, however the Pre order page says for console pre order information click here, and brings up the physical versions.

Just too many questions right now, I will have to hold off until its a bit more clear.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    $100 for the deluxe version?  That seems high, really high.  It doesn't seem like they deliver on that $40 extra you spend either.  Still I'm glad they're going sub-free.  That is the smartest move they've made in the last 2 years.

Take a look at the $150 gamestop exclusive copy! LOL

Originally posted by XiThRyL

I am very confused about which copy to pre order, which is why I haven't yet. It does say Subscription free, however the physical copies, talk about a DLC Season pass, is that for consoles only? Do PC people have to dish out for a lot of DLC? Is there even an ultimate edition for PC? Gamestop seems to say so, however the Pre order page says for console pre order information click here, and brings up the physical versions.

Just too many questions right now, I will have to hold off until its a bit more clear.

Of course its going to have a "sub based" DLC with it. Either that or it will rely on the lockboxes. They need to get your money somehow afterall.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    I played a bit of this beta weekend thought the game was so-so, didn't think it;d be worth as ub fee though, but now that I find out its buy 2 play I may pick it up. But yeah, they should ban rocket launchers and such from pvp, because in reality how are you going to beat someone who has a huge aoeing weapon of mass destruction. Honestly they are probally mostly used by players with no actual skill at the game, since explosive weapons have a huge error margin due to the explosion. I think they should change it so to do full damage you have to take the missle head on, damage decreases as the person hit is farther from the impact point. This would balance them somewhat. someone around the middle of its radius would only take about 30% of its damage while someone on the outer edge takes next to nothing since realisticlly it'd just be a air shockwave.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I'm looking forward to Defiance, and I am planning on buying it, but somehow the client won't run at all. So haven't had the chance to try it out yet.
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    NDA?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I played a bit of this beta weekend thought the game was so-so, didn't think it;d be worth as ub fee though, but now that I find out its buy 2 play I may pick it up. But yeah, they should ban rocket launchers and such from pvp, because in reality how are you going to beat someone who has a huge aoeing weapon of mass destruction. Honestly they are probally mostly used by players with no actual skill at the game, since explosive weapons have a huge error margin due to the explosion. I think they should change it so to do full damage you have to take the missle head on, damage decreases as the person hit is farther from the impact point. This would balance them somewhat. someone around the middle of its radius would only take about 30% of its damage while someone on the outer edge takes next to nothing since realisticlly it'd just be a air shockwave.

Honestly I dont think rocket launchers were that bad-well the one I got took 4 direct hits to kill a mob,but the sniper rifle was 1 shot headshot kill.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by udon

No keys, random item.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

This is even more money grubbing than NCSoft with Guild Wars 2.

The game is goddamn boring; I feel bad for anyone who wastes money on it.  3 day beta weekend and I logged off within an hour.

Nice to see something like Tabula Rasa try to come back again, but the game is just lacking in almost every way.  Doesn't help that it's being developed for consoles as well.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

B2P is not a good sign at all.

Company is behind the p2p model, even so much so that a game that is performing modestly at best remains p2p.

B2P is an admission they dont think the game warrants a sub.

And before people scream GW2, Arenanet knew they would deal with heavy volume.  Im assuming Trion isnt stupid and knows their game will have niche appeal, so they have no shot at the volume of GW2.  Small target audience + b2P = where is the $ going to come from?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

Company is behind the p2p model, even so much so that a game that is performing modestly at best remains p2p.

And before people scream GW2, Arenanet knew they would deal with heavy volume.  Im assuming Trion isnt stupid and knows their game will have niche appeal, so they have no shot at the volume of GW2.  Small target audience + b2P = where is the $ going to come from?

They plan to have a DLC schedule though.. like Borderlands 2. GW2 and TSW don't release DLC.. yet.

I personally think that anyone who likes Borderlands will probably get some joy from Defiance. If it gets a good chunk of that audience it should do pretty well.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor

They plan to have a DLC schedule though.. like Borderlands 2. GW2 and TSW don't release DLC.. yet.

I personally think that anyone who likes Borderlands will probably get some joy from Defiance. If it gets a good chunk of that audience it should do pretty well.

to be fair, I didnt consider the console angle.

Console gamers will not go for p2p, so b2p could be more for them.

Its a tricky spot.  Game isnt MMORPG enough to really appeal to that crowd, but its being associated with MMORPGs which may put off the Borderlands crowd.

Its all speculation until it actually releases though, will be evry interesting to see how it does.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Such a niave post.

Get with the times buddy, Subscriptions are a dying breed, the reason Developers are switching to a B2P model is because they realise the revenue potential from selling cosmetic items and little goodies like lockboxes.

And yes, you guessed it, I'm mentioning GW2 as a comparison (at least for myself) here. I'm sure I've spent more than $15 a month on GW2 in the last 4 months, hell just last month I spent over $70 for convience items, and its not because I'm stupid or lazy (okay maybe just a little) but it's because I have disposable income, and not being tied down with a sub fee, gives me the freedom to get what I want out of the game... Maybe its not always 'worth it' for the amount I pay, but It's giving me control of that choice to me.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    anyone who actually played the game this last weekend knows the game isnt worth a damn cent if it launches in this condition.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Kreedz

Such a niave post.

Get with the times buddy, Subscriptions are a dying breed, the reason Developers are switching to a B2P model is because they realise the revenue potential from selling cosmetic items and little goodies like lockboxes.

And yes, you guessed it, I'm mentioning GW2 as a comparison (at least for myself) here. I'm sure I've spent more than $15 a month on GW2 in the last 4 months, hell just last month I spent over $70 for convience items, and its not because I'm stupid or lazy (okay maybe just a little) but it's because I have disposable income, and not being tied down with a sub fee, gives me the freedom to get what I want out of the game... Maybe its not always 'worth it' for the amount I pay, but It's giving me control of that choice to me.

You claim subscriptions are a dying breed....( looks at WoW Rift EvE and other games being payed for by tons of people)......lul.  Honestly its come to the point where if a game is free or b2p its usually not worth your time, or wont keep you interested long enough to actual want to progress through constantly.  I thought GW2 would break that barrier, and it did to a slight extent, but in the end my theory stood correct.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Such a niave post.

You claim subscriptions are a dying breed....( looks at WoW Rift EvE and other games being payed for by tons of people)......lul.  Honestly its come to the point where if a game is free or b2p its usually not worth your time, or wont keep you interested long enough to actual want to progress through constantly.  I thought GW2 would break that barrier, and it did to a slight extent, but in the end my theory stood correct.

i agree with this 100%.  f2p is a disgrace and is all just a gimmick to try to siphon your bank account as fast as possible without actually trying to make the game any better outside of the cash shop.

b2p is almost as bad. they give a bit more in the game but still push their crap on the cash shop.

subscriptions are the best method, you pay them a low sub monthly and they push everything directly into the game.  the ONLY reason why this method is failing is because retarded corporations started pumping out clones as fast as possible at a completely unpolished broken rate.

i would play a sub mmo over a b2p or f2p game anyday if it was actually polished. but its forgivable to release a broken pos if its free right

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

Such a niave post.

Anyone who thinks b2p or f2p is the future is the one who is naive.

Its a fad.  Just as how the themepark model of WoW/EQ2 is a fad.

The reason every single game EXCEPT gw2 switched models is because they werent keeping the amount of subs necessary for p2p (LOTRO had a decent amount of subs, but many of them were lifetime so no income being taken in).  When you have f2p option you can justify slower development times/less staff.