Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG Where Priest is Needed

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I miss playing the buffer/healer class of a Priest. GW2 was fun while it lasted, but I find myself only logging every now and then to PvP a little.

I'm strictly Warrior or Priest in every game I play and right now I am missing the trinity. I need my priest fix really bad and GW2 is not doing it for me. And no a Gurdian is not the same thing.

I like that feeling when I log on and my Guild starts going YAY OUR PRIEST IS HERE!!!! You know what I'm saying bro's.

So back to my question. Is there a NEW game out right now of less than a year old with a good population that uses the Trinity well when it comes to buffers/healers.

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Bump any priest out there got a good game for me?
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Not sure if troll or serious, but there is indeed a high need for support classes in both DDO and Rift. Bards, Clerics, Druids, Warpriests, Favored Souls - whatever your game, you'll be the cornerstone of a good party.

I would also name Guild Wars 1, but I imagine it might be a bit hard to find a good PVE player base there.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

TERA has priests and it's going F2P soon.

Not a troll post. I am serious. What keeps me in an MMO like Knight Online fore example, was the fact I could play my DPS class and when I got burned out I could switch to Priest and give out Buffs/Heals and feel needed by my teammates.

So if you have played Knight Online that is the type of Priest class I am looking for. Someone who is full support and that is all the do. Strictly buffs, heals, and cures teammates. There is something addicting to me about keeping my teammates alive or having that feeling of "they need my to do this" if you get what I'm saying.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

i know that feeling :3

i was always  wanted during 10m or 25m raids or even 5man instances back in BC and WoTLK

i was a pretty good holy pally heh

havent found a game just like it yet so meh. will play casually for now and not so much hardcore with MoP

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• JayzaJayza Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Wait for FFXIV ARR like i am :)
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I also love playing the support classes.  GW2 was fun and I had a great time in the 'journey' to 80 but it's really just any other MMO out there.

As much as I hate even saying "WoW", I really did enjoy the trinity.  Neverwinter looks like it might be good.

I tried Tera, twice, couldn't get into it.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
    Never been into Final Fantasy. I love playin GW2 and I'll be playing it for years, but I need my Priest fix so I gotta find a game soon with a good Trinity and the need for a healer.
  • BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Wizardry Online - January 30th. Really, I'm here because I need a fix until that day too.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Betakodo
    Wizardry Online - January 30th. Really, I'm here because I need a fix until that day too.

Wizardry online, totally butchered the franchise imo, its a very niche game in the 2004 style, the combat is bad, the movement is clunky

• gunthologygunthology Member Posts: 50
    im in the same boat as OP .. ive been searching for a mmo to heal in aswell :( . i would play maestia but they say its dead. RODE dead . allods pay 2 win / dead . aion to slow/grindy . any others ?
  • panchanpanchan Member Posts: 18
    how bout ragnarok online? 
  • MekretMekret Member Posts: 2
    Have you tried Everquest 2? All of the priest classes are pretty fun and needed.
  • panchanpanchan Member Posts: 18
    I tried playing wow for an hour and based from the nation chat that I've seen, seems like priest are being needed their badly
  • a7folda7fold Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I would say TERA... I play a priest and it is pretty fun.. Your healing is semi-target based so it takes a little challenge as well. It is going F2P in February so if you can wait I would wait for that. It's also stating not be Pay 2 Win so that is always a plus. Other than that - Probably only thing is WoW or I heard TSW healers are kind of neat.
  • FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

I miss playing the buffer/healer class of a Priest. GW2 was fun while it lasted, but I find myself only logging every now and then to PvP a little.

I'm strictly Warrior or Priest in every game I play and right now I am missing the trinity. I need my priest fix really bad and GW2 is not doing it for me. And no a Gurdian is not the same thing.

I like that feeling when I log on and my Guild starts going YAY OUR PRIEST IS HERE!!!! You know what I'm saying bro's.

So back to my question. Is there a NEW game out right now of less than a year old with a good population that uses the Trinity well when it comes to buffers/healers.

If you don't mind going old-school, I would recommend playing Ragnarok Online. Yes, it has several support classes, but none of the "other" ones compare to the actual healing class known as Acolyte (which can later ugprade into Priest > High Priest > Arch Bishop). This is especially true if you go for a "Full Support" build.

As much as I like TERA, I would not recommend it if you're looking for that certain feeling and experience of being the one true healer. Why? Because there's the Mystic class, which serves the healing/support role just as well, and in a few cases even better.