Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by jmhart
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

Just another update for everyone...still no funds have been returned..still perma-banned.  I will say one thing about this...you know, I the only reason a company would adhere to this "no refunds" policy for a pre-order is because they know their product is so bad that everyone would cancel as soon as they saw it in beta.  This is to protect them from all the money they have stolen from loyal customers.  It disgusts me to see a company treat it's customers this way, and anyone who defends that kind of behaviour are the same type who would sell piss to someone on the street dressed as little girls and call it lemonade...you make the world an uglier place.

Jed

I hope you have better luck than I:

Status

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible.

Well done Paypalimage

Thanks for your support, good day !

I like how you editted out the entire section about Aventurine's weird bullshit move regarding the paypal dispute.

It is odd that Aventurine would prefer not to even speak to their customers but let a different company that handles payments do it for them.  Seems they really do just want money and nothing to do with customer satisfaction at all.

Edit: also Hancakes, do you work for Aventurine?  Otherwise how would paypal be supporting you?  Do you have some stake in the company?

I hope it isn't just the warped mindset of fanboyism leading to a feeling of gain or loss when a person approves of the action of two companies the person neither works for or has a stake in.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Just another update for everyone...still no funds have been returned..still perma-banned.  I will say one thing about this...you know, I the only reason a company would adhere to this "no refunds" policy for a pre-order is because they know their product is so bad that everyone would cancel as soon as they saw it in beta.  This is to protect them from all the money they have stolen from loyal customers.  It disgusts me to see a company treat it's customers this way, and anyone who defends that kind of behaviour are the same type who would sell piss to someone on the street dressed as little girls and call it lemonade...you make the world an uglier place.

Jed

Status

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

Well done Paypalimage

I like how you editted out the entire section about Aventurine's weird bullshit move regarding the paypal dispute.

Whats weird about? Its pretty straight forward, what part do you fail to understand? Most people seem to get it, including Paypal. image

Jed

Status

Well done Paypalimage

Whats weird about? Its pretty straight forward, what part do you fail to understand? Most people seem to get it, including Paypal. image

The weird part of how Aventurine decided to instead of dealing with the customer and pointing out their policy, they instead told paypal to deal with it.

I'm not saying paypals decision is weird, but Aventurine's handling of the situation.

Also, do you have any comment about the irrational response to news that doesn't affect you?  aka fanboyism?

For me, with games, I have fun, play what I enjoy etc.  I don't care about "winning" some imaginary war between games or consoles or what have you.  That is a bit too fantasy even for me.

It isn't really surprising news that Aventurine doesn't even want to talk to customers that try and contact them, but it is another addition to the growing amount of instances of their customer relations failures.

And for an emoticon at the end of my message to make it more appealing to you: image

• WebzeroWebzero Member UncommonPosts: 33
      Yea they re-activated my account while i was deployed.  The tech suppot was ignorant , also banned me after about 10 emails, and  i never got any refund.  Account activated 2 months after i got over seas, where i had no computer acess and no one else had my log in info.  Account was activated and never played btw, they are a money grubbin bunch.
    Originally posted by Webzero
      Yea they re-activated my account while i was deployed.  The tech suppot was ignorant , also banned me after about 10 emails, and  i never got any refund.  Account activated 2 months after i got over seas, where i had no computer acess and no one else had my log in info.  Account was activated and never played btw, they are a money grubbin bunch.

If this is true, that is really shitty.  Like far beyond just denying pre order refunds, but hugely unethical.

Then again, they are based in Greece, they probably don't care about other countries soldiers deployed in combat zones, and care about money instead.

Jed

Status

Well done Paypalimage

The weird part of how Aventurine decided to instead of dealing with the customer and pointing out their policy, they instead told paypal to deal with it.

I

WOW, do you need an explanation of how Paypal works as well?  Anyway, there was nothing for AV to "work out" as their policy was clearly listed at point of sale.  Its a pretty simple concept...NO REFUNDS

Obviously someone did, I highly doubt AV singled you out to scam your monthly fee.  If it was a fraudulent charge all you had to do was contact your Credit Card company/paypal.

Obviously someone did, I highly doubt AV singled you out to scam your monthly fee.  If it was a fraudulent charge all you had to do was contact your Credit Card company/paypal.

And have paypal side with Aventurine and the guy get screwed out of his money?  HEH

Also, I wasn't talking about paypal in the right or wrong.  I was saying that Aventurine is getting worse and worse with customer service.  That's what I drew issue with.  Besides, if Aventurine had dealt with the customer's issue in this particular case, the guy wouldn't have had to use paypal dispute at all.  He mentioned that earlier.  Instead Aventurine chose not to respond to him at all.  They only responded to the threat of losing their iron grip on his money.

Is it so bad to want Aventurine to be nice to customers?

Edit: I'm not sure how Aventurine keeps getting worse with customer service.  But part of the charm of this Darkfall: Unholy Wars subforum is it is always full of surprises :P

Ah, a quick google search revealed that you are correct.  Aventurine didn't single him out, there were widespread charges to accounts after cancellation of subscription.

It just sucks that he probably won't get his money back if he contacts Aventurine, and now not even from paypal.

Oh well.

Ah, a quick google search revealed that you are correct.  Aventurine didn't single him out, there were widespread charges to accounts after cancellation of subscription.

It just sucks that he probably won't get his money back if he contacts Aventurine, and now not even from paypal.

Oh well.

Don't bother posting a link,

Oh well.

Don't bother posting a link,

Google

Hancakes,

I see 61 posts in multiple threads relating to Aventurine still charging people after they had cancelled their subscription.

I haven't gone to the second page of results yet.

If you'd like to continue blaming someone sworn to protect the USA with his life rather than a company who refuses to speak to their customers, that's your call.

I'd link to the individual threads if Aventurine had a working website.

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

And also leads the thread toward another page hehe

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    They could at least un ban him if they're not going to give a refund, sound like a bunch of babies over at AV to me. Anyways I think this about destroys the last bit of interest I had in this piece of crap game, too risky sending money to jokers like this. I hate that feeling of being burned, even if I don't really miss the cash.
  • mastersam21mastersam21 Member UncommonPosts: 70

From the sound of it he is getting his refund its just taking a while. Last time I disputed with paypal it took almost a month to get my refund, but that is depend from case to case. 

In case of this topic I think AV hasnt done no wrong here. OP did goto AV first about a refund, but didnt like their answer so he looked for a different path with paypal and did a chargeback. AV is in the right to ban him right away because he broke his agreement with them. Some people just need to understand what being accountable for their decisions wheather its within the law or not. I hope Op learned something positive from this because its because of accountability is what messing many things up in this world, people like to point fingers elsewhere.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Yanik

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

It's not about he wanting or not. He havent gotten any refund so his account should be open.

Explain why lol. 

1) He didn't like the game, to him it was bad enough to ask for a refund. 

2) He went through paypal to get said refund. 

3) Obviously the refund process started because Aventurine was notified and the account was banned as is standard practice in the gaming industry. 

4) You and he are PO'd because he can't play a game for free that he has no intent on paying for while he awaits his refund? 

Show me some proof that this is standard practice?

And why dont you same time give us some information they are following the EU business laws?

Pay the refund first and then close the account is the right way to do business. It is also a good way to avoid these kind of bad publicity.

Wrong! The probelm occurs because he used a thrid party to initiate the refund. It goes somehting like this:

Customer: AV I'd like a refund. (account open)

AV: Sorry we do not issue refunds. (account open)

Customer: Hey Paypal, I want a refund from AV I'm not happy with their product. (account open)

Paypal: Customer please be patient while we investigate and process your refund. (account open)

Paypal: AV our customer would like a refund, you have "x" number of days to comply. (account open)

AV: Paypal can we have the reason for the request and the customer's info to process a refund? (account closed)

Customer: Hey my account is closed! Paypal where's my money? (account closed)

Paypal: Customer please be patient. We have contacted AV and they are processing your refund. (account closed)

AV: Paypal our process of returning the customer money is complete we are sending you "x" amount for their refund.

Paypal: Thank you AV for your cooperation in this matter we are verifying this amount with our records.

Paypal: Customer our investigation is complete and we are now returning your funds.

Customer: Thanks Paypal....took you long enough!

All this is not instant and you are not the only person looking for a refund from a seller through paypal. I'm afraid to say they process hundreds if not thousands of refunds so it does take time. What do you think? Paypal is gonna return your funds while THEY wait for a refund?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    you all are pathetic letting this go on for 22 pages

It's only 5 pages if you set your settings right

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

So create a new account when Paypal refunds you.

• Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Did you actually get your money back? if so I really want to do this to
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

"Their subscription will be activated only after the launch of DF Unholy Wars, (January 2013)"

Hahaha, gotta love Aventurine and their launch dates! :)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by Revy106
    Did you actually get your money back? if so I really want to do this to
    yes, OP, please tell us the end of story.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75
    If you live in europe isn't it you're legal right to get a refund for an preorderd product? I got a refund from Warz 40 days afterbuying it? They cant both ban you and not give your money back. Thats like a computer store taking back the computer you  bought and then not giving you back your money.
  • sumfoolsumfool Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Im a little confused.  What would be a more acceptable outcome OP?  Other than getting your money back? 

That they would allow you to keep playing?   Of course they're going to ban you from beta.  But since you didn't like the game anyways, why even post about it?  Why do you care? 

Is this to let the community know that if you try and get a refund from Darkfall you won't be able to play it anymore?  I mean if that's the case then thanks for letting everyone know I guess.  Although its about the most common sense thing I could possibly think off. 

he has a right to be upset at being banned and not yet having his refund

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

If this company called Adventurine has a “no refund” policy for stated service, then the purchaser should still be able to receive the service as long as Adventurine is holding the purchasers money.  To deny access to the game *and* keep his money is theft, plain and simple.

If the money is in dispute and not in the possession of either Adventurine or the OP, then I believe it is within Adventurines right to temporarily deny access to the game.  If the PayPal ruling goes against the OP, then the OP should have full access again to the beta.  To me, that is fair. 

Banning a person for being a butthole in a game is understandable, but banning a person for requesting their money back is highly disturbing.  As an observer with no axe to grind against Adventurine, this looks bad in the public eye and will not go over well in the future.  Someone mentioned earlier that Adventurine should act quickly to resolve this dispute.  Great advice.

• joshbaby03joshbaby03 Member Posts: 14

Another update for everyone.  Still no update to the open claim on PayPal.  Still no refund, still banned.  The actual request for refund was opened on the 11th of January, updated/escalated by AV/Vivencia or whatever to a claim at that time.  Was banned at the same time AV responded to PayPal...yes I did try to go through AV directly for a refund first...which in it's Terms of Sale/Use states they only "ban" if a customer had not gone through their company for a refund first...which in fact I did.  I'm leaning toward being denied on the refund and still banned...which will just result in another opened claim against them for also saying that the account would be unbanned once the dispute was resolved.

Jed