Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alternative ffxiv genre and style

mrbananasmrbananas Member UncommonPosts: 28
Just wanted to reflect a few things about FFXIV. I would of really preferred to see a more sci-fi mmorpg from square enix set in the ff13,7 or 8 world rather than the fantasy style. Urban cities and open space type like phantasy star/mass effect and dues ex human revolution type worlds. I beleive they should of leaned towards a more fantasy futuristic mmo it would of been something special if executed well.

Some concepts, open war with alien races across universe. Advancement in customs weapons, with a tint of materia and summons would of been a great idea

Tell me what you think guys. Dont get me wrong i love the fantasy outlook but future sci fi ff world as a mmorpg would be amazing.

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Whilst I would love to see SE make an online FF in one of the more scifi settings you have to remember that the online ones are based mostly on the older games in the series, which were predominantly fantasy. XIV does have scifi elements though in the Garlean empire as they've adopted a lot of the magitek equipment used by Kefka's armies in FFVI (most notably the iconic magitek armour).

Maybe a scifi MMO can be a future project for them, although judging by Agni's Philosophy their next game is going to have a more contemporary feel...

• mrbananasmrbananas Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Yes your rigt but its a tint of sci fi with predominance of old fantasy. I believe a future mmorpg from ff maybe in the next decade or so should be central on sci fi i still consider it within ffxi time frame tbh. I loved ffxi but really the budget square enix put towards their series man sci fi. Massive urban cities, with blade runner and the 5th element and total recall type mmorpg from SE would be awesome..
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    They should have made Chrono Trigger Online instead IMO, but I'll settle for another FF MMO as well.
  • shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I would love to see a full ff10 zanarkan type of world but have it online....don't think I could take something like that....I would quit my job. I'm looking forward to this game..hope the setting and music completely immerse me. That's what I'm looking for
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I kind of hope Blizzard's new MMO is a space based one, like Starcraft, but I don't know if I can bring myself to play a Blizzard MMO again after what's been done with WoW.