Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foundry's Potential - What do you all think?

crashodditycrashoddity Member Posts: 1

Hello!

So MMORPG community, I'll keep it short and sweet with a few discussion prompting questions regarding the Foundry in Neverwinter.

1. Given what we know so far about the Foundry, what kind of content will you attempt to make?

2. What storyline, quest, D&D campaign, or narrative would you like to see recreated by the Foundry community? Any source will do.

3. If persistent maps and/or guild housing were added at some point, what kind of map/village/castle/city would you create or like to see created by the Foundry community?

Comments

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

i played NWN for a longtime because of the player hosted servers and maps.

thats what i want =(

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I'm hoping for something like Haven.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    has there been any info if there would be anyway to change boss scripting at all? that's one of the biggest things I'm hoping for to not have just static encounters when making a boss fight

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I've been working on 2 campaigns for about a month now:

1. The first is nothing but a glorified version of a routine multi boss MMO raid.  large expansive dungeon with multiple bosses.  Boring but time consuming.  It's basically a WoW raid for the solo indivdual, something I always wanted to do in an MMO.

and the second is

2. Campaign featuring Lolth's minions and the return of Ancient Artifacts lost eons ago.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by steamtank

i played NWN for a longtime because of the player hosted servers and maps.

thats what i want =(

^

This NWN and NWN2 paved the way.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    has there been any info if there would be anyway to change boss scripting at all? that's one of the biggest things I'm hoping for to not have just static encounters when making a boss fight

Word is no but that is subject to change.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ValentynValentyn Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I've been working on 2 campaigns for about a month now:

1. The first is nothing but a glorified version of a routine multi boss MMO raid.  large expansive dungeon with multiple bosses.  Boring but time consuming.  It's basically a WoW raid for the solo indivdual, something I always wanted to do in an MMO.

and the second is

2. Campaign featuring Lolth's minions and the return of Ancient Artifacts lost eons ago.

You can bet that I'll be playing any campaigns featuring Lolth

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Word is no but that is subject to change.

hopefully it does... not expecting anything complex in this regard but something would be nice as after making a long epic quest it wouldn't be very exciting to just have a boss sit there and auto attack

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

Some rumors say there may be to some extent.

From talks with people experienced in STO foundry, things like NPC turning to hostile boss, defining places for certain kind of behavior (like probability of monster taking cover from ranged attacks etc.) are possible according to how game engine is defined.

But remember - these are all opinions, even if they are opinions of experienced people, still opinions