Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great start. Now imagine if...

paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Imagine if you could take all the goodness from this game. Then take it a step further.

The special random maps you can find that lead to special zones are something I have been waiting to see come about for quite some time, but take it a step further.

After you spend your time building up your stable of Witches and Shadows and Dualists,imagine that you could take your crew out into the field of battle on a strategy style map. Going out against bigger challenges in PVE or out to match wits with other Players in massive PvP battles with hundreds of heroes.

This type of interconnected gaming is coming, can you feel it?

How awesome would it be to not only level up skill gems and sell them but to actually build up characters to sell. Now imagine if more class types were added.Now imagine a excellent crafting component added, for gear and castle building.

Design your own siege zone, build up defenders, arm them. then challenge your friends to try and come take you down !

Dozens of charater types, massive upward leveling ability that will take a long time to get max, awesome dungeons solo or in groups, huge massive tabletop strategy style battles, landholdings, maps and keys that are extremely valuable and sellable. Some MOBA style games, from both above or first person views. Heck it wouldn't be to hard to make a football or soccer type game ala Mutant League.

Something for everyone.  This game is a good start and I hope someone is looking, this games ideas need to be stolen, and expanded upon, big time.

P.S. Please fix the camera view.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

Comments

• nzrocknzrock Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by paulytheb

Imagine if you could take all the goodness from this game. Then take it a step further.

The special random maps you can find that lead to special zones are something I have been waiting to see come about for quite some time, but take it a step further.

After you spend your time building up your stable of Witches and Shadows and Dualists,imagine that you could take your crew out into the field of battle on a strategy style map. Going out against bigger challenges in PVE or out to match wits with other Players in massive PvP battles with hundreds of heroes.

This type of interconnected gaming is coming, can you feel it?

How awesome would it be to not only level up skill gems and sell them but to actually build up characters to sell. Now imagine if more class types were added.Now imagine a excellent crafting component added, for gear and castle building.

Design your own siege zone, build up defenders, arm them. then challenge your friends to try and come take you down !

Dozens of charater types, massive upward leveling ability that will take a long time to get max, awesome dungeons solo or in groups, huge massive tabletop strategy style battles, landholdings, maps and keys that are extremely valuable and sellable. Some MOBA style games, from both above or first person views. Heck it wouldn't be to hard to make a football or soccer type game ala Mutant League.

Something for everyone.  This game is a good start and I hope someone is looking, this games ideas need to be stolen, and expanded upon, big time.

P.S. Please fix the camera view.

As cool as seiges and stuff are, you have to remember this is a ARPG not a 3D MMORPG, so half the stuff you said just wouldn't work with this game. And would require rather a lot of money and time to develop this. You have to remember GGG is still a small Indie studio.

I'm not sure what you mean by taking Maps a step further when it's already quite far ahead already. Camera angle has already been zoomed out rather far enough.

Selling characters wouldn't work either, as the Devs want people to build their own unique characters, that's one of the main point of this game.

There's already cut-throat for Open World PvP. And once again, your asking too much from traditional point and click 3D MMORPG, that just wouldn't work with a ARPG :(

But then again GGG Devs are damn smart, I'm sure they can think of some sort of awesome hybird style gameplay mechanics, to be added into the game.

Sorry If i crushed your dreams :P.

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by nzrock
    As cool as seiges and stuff are, you have to remember this is a ARPG not a 3D MMORPG, so half the stuff you said just wouldn't work with this game. And would require rather a lot of money and time to develop this. You have to remember GGG is still a small Indie studio.
    ** This is why i used the word IMAGINE, I realize GGG is an indie studio, that does not mean that game concepts cannot be expanded upon , either by GGG or some other company . I see no difference in the fact the game is a ARPG and not a MMO. **
    I'm not sure what you mean by taking Maps a step further when it's already quite far ahead already.
    ** I mean take it a step further, maps could be used in many ways, RAIDS, PVP zones, Special encounters, Treasure maps, Moba style Maps, create and sell your own maps, the maps should be one of the very best treasures in the game and everything can be expanded upon.**
    Camera angle has already been zoomed out rather far enough.
    ** My opinion is that the camera sucks. Hero mobs can blast you from off the screen,ranged attacks fly off the screen and kill things you can't even see.  That is just not right.  I'll forgive this due to the indie nature, but it is not right.**
    Selling characters wouldn't work either, as the Devs want people to build their own unique characters, that's one of the main point of this game.
    ** That is your opinion. Why not be able to sell characters? It would be a great business for those who have alt-itis. Again maybe not in this exact game, but in a similar game with a better, player based, economy. A good economy has EVERYTHING for sale.Some players would concentrate on just one champion, while other game modes would have players who want a cast of dozens to chose from. **
    There's already cut-throat for Open World PvP. And once again, your asking too much from traditional point and click 3D MMORPG, that just wouldn't work with a ARPG :(
    ** Maybe you are not asking enough. I did say different game modes, remember. The ARPG part would be the one on one game you see now, but if you open your mind a little it would not be that hard to add a strategy game, a moba game, a card game or any other relevant game style that would use these pawns you start out by leveling in the ARPG, but then takes them to the next level for siege warfare, or for arena battles or even massive soloable turn based raids **
    But then again GGG Devs are damn smart, I'm sure they can think of some sort of awesome hybird style gameplay mechanics, to be added into the game.
    ** Well at least we can agree on that one**
    Sorry If i crushed your dreams :P.

** My dreams are fine**

I think if you look at this game as being at the bottom of the hill and not at the apex you can look at it like I do.

The ARPG is just the start, the jumping off point, it could springboard into a plethora of game styles all based off of the pawns that are primarily advanced through ARPG games but then used in other capacities.

And like I said if this indie company can't do it, I hope someone with some money is paying attention because all these good ideas from Path of Exile need to be "borrowed" and expanded upon.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    What you imagine may happen in the future, but not with Path of Exile.