Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: Crafting Attribute System Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The team behind The Repopulation is stepping up information dispersal about a game that is on many fans' "most anticipated" list. In the latest developer blog, the Crafting Attribute System is detailed. Crafting received a major overhaul in the latest development notes and the team is excited to share what that means to players.

Our crafting system already featured a flexible recipe component system where putting different parts into the recipe produces different results. We also have a quality/grade system to differentiate the results of beginning crafters and experienced crafters.  We wanted to add a bit more flexibility to the system by allowing more control over some of the stats associated with the fittings.  To overcome that hurdle we introduced the attribute system.  

Read the full post on The Repopulation's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

complex and confusing

I like it!

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Well this game should appeal to them hard core crafters out there.   this game keeps looking better all the time, lets hope they can deliver on all this.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Really looking forward to this one. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

yea the thing is. is it too complicated for casual players?

anyways, looking forward to this game.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I can't wait to play
  • joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by bakabröd

yea the thing is. is it too complicated for casual players?

anyways, looking forward to this game.

It will be on us to make sure we provide a solid tutorial on how this works and the UI will assist in this manner as well making it easier to identify how it all works.  That tends to be the disadvantage of doing anything considered complex is that it comes with a learning curve, but we want to make sure we have enough customization to drive a crafter driven economy.

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Not every game needs to cater to players that play 15 minutes a day.

But this game does look amazing all around.

BTW nice to see you on these boards Josh.

• XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50
    Send me an invite to Alpha already!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by XcomVic
    Send me an invite to Alpha already!

Been waiting for that since about april or so of 2012 image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    please dont let the whiners ruin this game like they did SWG
  • DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515
    If this game brings back the feeling of SWG (pre-cu), I'm up for it !!!!
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Nice and complex just how a good crafting system should be
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by bakabröd

yea the thing is. is it too complicated for casual players?anyways, looking forward to this game.

Those people are called, "Customers."
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    At least this game will be light years better than DEFIANCE!!!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Many people confuse complexity with new. If you arent use to this style of crafting it will be somewhat new and require you to figure it out. Over time things become second anture and you will be able to do it in your sleep. Everytime we try a new game we think this is bad or too hard, but in actuality its just new and we need time to figure it out.

Pretty straight forward, class A-F, and a number value. Exeriment and put your brain to good use and im sure many that think its complex will be running with it in no time.

THere will always be tutorials and walkthroughs. And from reading the forums there, their developers seem very talkative and answer many questions. Just stick with it for a little while, you will get it.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I had a master crafter in swg and this game just keeps sounding better.  Tbh I don't think I have the time I did when I played swg but I will be their to enjoy the fruits of crafters labor.  I just hope they allow people to setup shops in their houses like swg so we see the malls poppoing up in the cities etc.
  • AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

'Team' is an overstatement. Quite simply, these few people who are working on this game are in for a rude awakening.

Three or four working on an MMO can't give it the attention any game needs. There is too much thats needed, and not enough people, and for that matter EXPERIENCE, to see this game thru to success.

Too bad, because we need new and better mmos then whats out now.

ArchAge has an EPIC team, a budget that allows growth and maintenance, and EXPERIENCE AND TALENT that has been tried and true.

Originally posted by Atrocitus

'Team' is an overstatement. Quite simply, these few people who are working on this game are in for a rude awakening.

Three or four working on an MMO can't give it the attention any game needs. There is too much thats needed, and not enough people, and for that matter EXPERIENCE, to see this game thru to success.

Too bad, because we need new and better mmos then whats out now.

ArchAge has an EPIC team, a budget that allows growth and maintenance, and EXPERIENCE AND TALENT that has been tried and true.

Thats not true at all. All these companies started out as indie and worked their way up to the top and pissed it away. Bioware started with 2 people, Blizzard had 3, and countless other developer teams had less than 5 starting out. And they made some impacting games that still have a strong following today. I play war craft 1 and 2, sc, and many other older titles because honestly they had the love and dedication of the smaller teams.

Do you honestly think a handful of people cant make an epic game? I can name off atleast 50 games that were very popular and started out with a smaller team than The Repop.

Some of the better mmorpg's and singleplayer games (fps/rts) were on low budgets and small teams.

Though i do agree with AA being a great game and the money to back it, but they went the F2P route so we shall see. F2P sandbox style games just dont work. Was kinda pist this game is going F2P also. So we shall see, but has nothing to do with team size if they are good, dedicated, and care about the gamers.

Originally posted by Atrocitus

I don't agree with that statement. Before SWG shut down, it had a skelaton crew that cranked out tons of content in the last couple of years of the game. Look at what they did the last few weeks before it shut down. They put in atmospheric flight and plenty of gear unlocks.

The only thing i dislike about this game so far is that it will be F2P, and honestly dont see that working well with a sandbox.

F2P = limits and sandbox =/= limits of any kind. A low monthly fee would have been better.

But hopefully i am wrong. Been waiting for a good sci-fi sandbox since SWG was shut down (8 year vet, 4-5 accounts) so yeah i loved it.

Originally posted by Onomas
    Been waiting for a good sci-fi sandbox since SWG was shut down (8 year vet, 4-5 accounts) so yeah i loved it.

Same here. And, I also had multiple active accounts. I know I sound like a broken record, but I haven't had a good mmo experience since SWG shut down.

• uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    It's like old SWG was when it was sure I'd kill x but take river with low skills. Looks Hawts
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Onomas

The only thing i dislike about this game so far is that it will be F2P, and honestly dont see that working well with a sandbox.F2P = limits and sandbox =/= limits of any kind. A low monthly fee would have been better.But hopefully i am wrong. Been waiting for a good sci-fi sandbox since SWG was shut down (8 year vet, 4-5 accounts) so yeah i loved it. 

Same. I have not ever found a F2P worth my time to play. And if something is worth my time, I have no problem paying for it. Plus, it has been my experience that F2Ps become overrun with Bots and cheaters of every stripe, because even if a company takes the time to ban them, they are right back.
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Burntvet
    Same. I have not ever found a F2P worth my time to play. And if something is worth my time, I have no problem paying for it. Plus, it has been my experience that F2Ps become overrun with Bots and cheaters of every stripe, because even if a company takes the time to ban them, they are right back.

I truly could not agree more. You are 100% correct.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit