Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

skill system

marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36
i think the skill system should be put into runes of magic 2. An mmo style game as opposed to a torchlight  type of game.

Comments

• marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36
    i don't know how detailed the skill system is some games have alot of skills but are not very well thought out. Take raiderz or sevencore for example, you can be any class but the skills are very plain. If all the sub skills are not well done there is no point of having that many skills or being able to choose which ones you want. If the sills were like runes of magic or wow but has the option to go in any direction it would be more interesting to play out. This is the kinf of skill system I wouldlike to see in the next f2p mmo.
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    This system is good for any game imo, but I think It could be difficult to balance in ,say, pvp. 
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

IMO the passive skill system is ok.  Yeah its kinda fun to play with builds a bit, the end result usually goes something like figuring out if you want to spend 3 points in evasion or life bonus.

It seems a lot more xomplex than it really is, its just every passive bonus for every class on one sheet, your class determines where on it you start, you have the ability to waste points moving across the sheet and doing something goofy, theres no respecs other than the odd point reversal from quests.  So its kinda fun, but if the end result is that it doesnt work out...reroll.

The actual skill system in the game isnt very good, not a huge fan of equipping gems that are the skills, they level which gives you the option on not leveling so they dont use much mana.  For instance, i chose not to raise a fire arrow skill, and now use it as my default attack, since it does more damage, has a proc change to burn, looks kinda cool, and i have enough mana regen and mana leech to wash on the skill.

Anyway.  Its certainly more engaging and interesting than most games passive system, which is auto stating.  Downfall is theres no respec so if it turns out you would have been better off in another direction your screwed, which is ok i guess, if you dont mind rerolling.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Skill system and everything is fine. Leave it.
  • QuervoQuervo Member Posts: 4
    The passive skill system is great , you can make so many builds.   Nice to not have to stick to a particular skill set.  I've been playing POE for over 6 months, it seems like a lot people comment but don't actually spend time in game.
  • dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    the active skills are severly lacking... ive seen plenty of videos esp higher level vids and they all tend to use only 1 or 2 main active attacks with zero diversity in abilities... its very very repetitive.. all they do is spam one attack
  • nzrocknzrock Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by ricefarmer
    the active skills are severly lacking... ive seen plenty of videos esp higher level vids and they all tend to use only 1 or 2 main active attacks with zero diversity in abilities... its very very repetitive.. all they do is spam one attack

They haven't finished adding skills, they want to double the amount of skill gems they currently have in 2013 :)