Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple free to play MMO that's populated and in need of healers.

joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

Got some time off from work, and I'm not redownloading WOW.

but i need my "healz da group" fix.

So i'm looking for a MMO that's not gonna take me all day to download, not a ghost town, the game/server is in need of healers, and is pvp and/or pve and is FTP

Also I'm full healer, not a dps/healer.

In wow I was a druid.

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Comments

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275
    guess I'm screwed.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

TERA Online is going F2P February, it's in need of healers and the remaining servers are pretty populated, on top of that healing is a lot more fun in TERA than most MMOs imo.

Drawback is that it has a very long download.

• tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Lineage 2 has pure healers, always in need.  Gonna warn you it's a little pay to win, but you can max all gear and access all content w/ out spending a penny.  Not nearly as grindy as it was.  Just an idea.
    thankyou folks

Originally posted by tadams2tone
    Lineage 2 has pure healers, always in need.  Gonna warn you it's a little pay to win, but you can max all gear and access all content w/ out spending a penny.  Not nearly as grindy as it was.  Just an idea.

well tried out lineage 2.

got to lvl 22 and I'm gonna pass on this game.  It looks like a sweet game, but targeting and movement is either WASD(very Clunky) or point and click.  also targeting is also point and click.  but with those two things, it was enough to ruin my experience.  guess i'm too used to WoW :(

well hell folks!

I also dl'd Vanguard, place looks like a ghost town. 

thinking bout EQ2 but I really wanna group with peeps, and i feel like most of these old games players already got thier chars up so no need to run with a noob healer.

• MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124

The Secret World.

People are always asking for healers in chat for dungeons, raids. The game is great, the skills system is very well designed. I use a Blood magic/Fist weapon heal setup. The only prob is there isnt much grouping while questing (unless you level with friends or guildies). I found most of the leveling I was doing solo so you WILL need a DPS setup, but its so easy to switch in TSW, you can creat setups for both and switch between them at the touch of a button.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    SWTOR. Operative/Scoundrel healing is a lot of fun and is the most HOT based healer in the game.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Try EQ2 it has healeres

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    Vanguard
  • SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

Dude I would check out Aion.  I don't play anymore but I remember when I did the healing mechanics were pretty fun because of the speed of battle.  You nearly have to predict who will lose life at the greatest rate and play f'ing ping pong back and forth to keep them up.  This was my experience at least. 

The game fortunately is f2p and In my opinion one of the best truly f2p experiences currently out there.  Thinking about it makes me want to try it out again.  I miss my healer Gallan :'D.  Anyway, good luck and I hope you find something to your liking.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Aion, people still beg for them for groups.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

I usually play a healer as well, was a priest raid healer back in the pre-cata days.

Out of the above mentioned, Secret World was probably the most fun as far as group healing goes, but doing the same 5-6 dungeons over and over, then grinding the same dungeons in Hard Mode for the proper gear kind of gets old quick.  Once you run the main storyline with one or two characters, dungeons are pretty much all there is to do, other than imbalanced pvp.  You do have to BUY the game, but there is no monthly fee, so B2P, not F2P.

Tera priest was a little different, the targetting and spell system took a while to get used to, and healing aggro seemed very high.  Most fights I'd be running around kiting mobs and tossing instant or quick heals and hoping not to get hit too much.  Could be that I was playing with crappy tanks, but not sure.  Its free to play until level 25 right now, and completely F2P next month I think.  Download is pretty big though.

I've got a special place in my heart for Vanguard, but honestly the game is a bit dated and I wouldn't call the game "Populated" compared to some other popular MMOs.  Unless you're in a guild, would be hard to find groups.

If you haven't tried a Minstrel in LotRO, I would give that a shot as well.

Good luck!

well after lookin around and tryin out your ideas, i've headed back to wow.

thankyou for the replies folks

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by joojoo1975

try, try, try as you might

the beast will chase

as you try to flee

but the beast is strong

your will is not

in the beasts clutches

you will be once more

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by joojoo1975

try, try, try as you might

the beast will chase

as you try to flee

but the beast is strong

your will is not

in the beasts clutches

you will be once more

well played sir, now my turn from an author who i do not like.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.