Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naruto Online MMO - Game officially confirmed to be in development.

xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I just saw this news on MMO Culture and it seems that Tencent Games has strikes deal with Shueisha.

Tencent Games, the biggest online gaming company in China,

has announced a ground-breaking deal with Japanese manga publisher Shueisha and

games developer Namco Bandai for the rights of developing Naruto into a full-fledged browser MMORPG.

Yes, the game is a web one, but a “full MMORPG experience” was promised.

1 of Tencent’s many development teams, More Fun Studio, will be developing the game together with

Namco Bandai and another Japanese developer, CyberConnect2.

I am more excited on the fact that Japanese developer CyberConnect2 are involved in this.

They makes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series. Comic Con 2012 Videos

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/01/naruto-online-tencent-games-strikes-deal-with-shueisha/

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

Comments

• darkkblackdarkkblack Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by xmenty

I just saw this news on MMO Culture and it seems that Tencent Games has strikes deal with Shueisha.

Tencent Games, the biggest online gaming company in China,

has announced a ground-breaking deal with Japanese manga publisher Shueisha and

games developer Namco Bandai for the rights of developing Naruto into a full-fledged browser MMORPG.

Yes, the game is a web one, but a “full MMORPG experience” was promised.

1 of Tencent’s many development teams, More Fun Studio, will be developing the game together with

Namco Bandai and another Japanese developer, CyberConnect2.

I am more excited on the fact that Japanese developer CyberConnect2 are involved in this.

They makes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series. Comic Con 2012 Videos

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/01/naruto-online-tencent-games-strikes-deal-with-shueisha/

Nice, I expect any game related to Naruto or manga will hit it big. Japan is known for its love of comics and manga.  I have been meaning to read some of the Vagabond series. Supposed to be one of the best sold manga in Japan. And I know a lot of the younger americans are into Naruto series. Between Japan and america they should have a fountain of players to entertain for a while.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

If CyberConnect2 is involved I can see hope for this.

To be honest, Naruto universe has the potential to be a really awesome open ended MMORPG with how well developed the world is. However, I'm skepticle they will do the IP justice.

My biggest fear is that you will only be able to play as leaf ninja, and it utilizes a strict class structure. I'd also hate it if you are just there to battle the iconic villains of Naruto, instead of striking out on your own missions against other equally bad ass ninja.

I hope they allow us to play as any of the 5 great nations, or become rogue ninja. Also the characters should be a set of skills divided amongst Ninjutsu/Taijutsu/Genjutsu/Summoning and you choose how you specialize. The IP has a ton of potential for an MMO, but I'm going to keep my expectations low until I hear more.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Yea, I was hoping that they have 5 factions, different school and genre of Ninja.

Ninja gameplay could be so much fun to play with if they do it right.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)