Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Me Find the Perfect MMORPG

NariannaNarianna Member Posts: 11

Hi everyone! So awhile back I was sucked into MMOs. I tried Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft. WoW ended up eating my soul. I lost days playing that game. Well, a man and his children entered my life and I had to stop WoW cold turkey or I'd shirk my ever increasing list of responsibilities.  However, it seems that I've now found a fairly responsible medium of gameplay and I need answers! I have maybe an hour on week nights and a few hours on the weekends to play at most so I want to make sure I pick the perfect game to invest my time and money in. Which would you recommend? Below are some of the things I'd like to find in my perfect MMORPG:

1. I'm big on the Role Playing aspect.

2. I want to be able to solo.

3. Great character customization is a big plus. Both looks and game play.

4. Hotkeys

5. Guilds

6. Mature people. I don't want to play with a bunch of idiots.

7. Good graphics. Nothing 2d flash animation.

8. Creative quests. Not the same find stuff/kill stuff quests over and over again.

9. Professions. I really like the idea of being able to mindlessly level up a skill.

I've been thinking of going back to Everquest 2 or WOrld of Warcraft again. I've also been toying with the idea of Rift. Can anyone compare/contrast those 3 games? Or give me new options?

Comments

• NariannaNarianna Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for your response! I'll go check those out now... What are themeparks/sandboxes?
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    You might enjoy Age of Wushu. It's an open world PvP based MMO. Though it kinda lacks on the questing a little, it can be a little buggy, and the translation isnt the greatest, but it makes up with other things like guild battles and school events, and stuff.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    The Secret World, Lord of the rings online, Star Wars The Old republic-these are the games with the best story lines,  Vanguard is very good with a decent story and a more traditional mmo approach.   Between EQ2 and WOW-Wow has the better story all though I do not recomend either.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by Narianna
    Thank you for your response! I'll go check those out now... What are themeparks/sandboxes?

Themeparks are like WoW, where it guides you from zone to zone via quest lines and level progression.

Sandboxes are games less reliant on quests, and usually just drop you into the world and let you do whatever, like Ultima Online.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    I'll help by helping you find the perfect section to post this sort of thing in: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/841/LFGame.html
  • NariannaNarianna Member Posts: 11
    Oh sorry. I didn't read past "Use this forum to talk about MMORPGs." Thanks to everyone that's responded! I'll repost this in the correct forum.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Sorry, having just come back from a trip helping the Spanish find El Dorado and the English find King Solomon's Mines, this looks like a fantasy by comparison...