Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They botched their revenue model, ie 200 dollars for the full release game.

2»

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Permanent 5% magic find. . . they truly believe that they're hot shit?

The fact that they even have magic find is enough for me to almost not want to play it.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

It's Marvel/Disney.  Whatever you think about their products, they know marketing real dang well.   Sounds like some of their other games are using this sort of 'get in cheap, pay loads to get it all' approach.  

Certainly, there are probably enough Marvel Maniacs to make this at least a moderately monied move.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

The fact that they even have magic find is enough for me to almost not want to play it.

I think that rules out just about every MMO out there.

• Originally posted by birdycephon
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

I think that rules out just about every MMO out there.

Can honestly say I've never played an MMO with magic find. Didn't think any existed, either.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

$200 for a video game straight off the bat, especially a digital copy with no other incentive like art books, comics, figurines, or collectible items is ridiculous.

The whole idea of free to play was implemented for mmo's to sub because developers realize that players are also a great aspect of content and not just the content they develope and release.

$200 up front is wack, that scares the shit out of me that they even think that is cool, and then they have the audacity to say right beside the package (a $750 value!) bwaha, oh really?  $750 value in a twisted mind of corporate twerps.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Why is everyone getting worked up about this 200$ thing. You do know its not $200 to play right? Actually, the $200 package doesnt leave any reason to play, you in essence have "beaten" the game. 

They give you plenty of options to choose from to start with for free. The $20 pack lets you pick a specific character if you want it, but just playing the game for free, you can unlock that same character. The pack of 4, is really only for comic nerds that want a specific "team", but theres nothing to be gained by buying it, as again you will unlock/buy those same characters in game as you play... for free. The $200 package unlocks everything, which like i said, is "beating" the game, since thats the whole point of the game in the first place (play to unlock new characters). And iirc you only get the one exclusive, which means again, you will unlock everything else minus that one single one, just from playing the game. 

Getting bent out of shape for an option, that is exactly that, an option. And honestly the worst choice, as it leaves you nothing left to play the game for. Seriosuly people, get over it. 

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Ps, blame my phone for lack of proper formatting.

No way man-

I blame the bath Salts.

Next thing you know you are going to be eating peoples faces and thinking you are batman. =P

-Anyhow I agree with you, but lay off the salts bro.