Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this is some awful joke right?

Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

I quit DC universe only because of the lack of content at release. 

And they really expect me to dish out money for this?

lol, its been a few years I wonder how Sony has been holding up.

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game"

seriously, which part of "FOUNDER PROGRAM" you didnt get?

ohnoez! someone actually wanna get payed for his work and is offering a way for FANS WITH MONEY to spend it (which is what they will do, no matter how much you cry)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Theres no such thing as a free-to-play game that never requires you to ever sink money into it. 

Even if it is free to play there is still no reason to download this game over anything else. 

Half the character costumes look like trash, if they can't even design their own works of art correctly I can only imagine the character customization they can offer.

And your founders program is still shit, The in-game currency they hand you is going to be used to buy content or play the game. So in the end this game is terrible and will burn faster the hidenburg.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The OP has already made up his mind, so I'm not sure the point of starting a thread where there's no room for discussion.  It sure just looks like bait to get people interested in the game to post so the OP can flame them.

I will give this game a shot when it comes out.  I'm curious to see if it's actually fun.  I don't see this designed to be anybody's 'main' game so sometimes you have to take a game for what it is: a fun distraction.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by Sky427

Theres no such thing as a free-to-play game that never requires you to ever sink money into it. 

Even if it is free to play there is still no reason to download this game over anything else. 

Half the character costumes look like trash, if they can't even design their own works of art correctly I can only imagine the character customization they can offer.

And your founders program is still shit, The in-game currency they hand you is going to be used to buy content or play the game. So in the end this game is terrible and will burn faster the hidenburg.

their own works?

what do you expect, s. campbell working on a pc game now?

there are pc designers, and comic authors. 

and usualy every hero (no matter which universe we talk about, dc or marvel or whatever) has TONS of costumes.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/movie-costumes-avengers

i totaly dont see why those costumes should be bad ^^

are you raging for a reason or just because you want the 200$ offer for free? :)

• Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. You can get all of these game and their FULL content for much less than the $200 founder pack for Marvel Heroes. Not just that, but every single character in those games can have a thousand times as many different looks as Marvel Superheroes. Gear you equip actually displays on your character in those games.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Thane

their own works?

what do you expect, s. campbell working on a pc game now?

there are pc designers, and comic authors. 

and usualy every hero (no matter which universe we talk about, dc or marvel or whatever) has TONS of costumes.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/movie-costumes-avengers

i totaly dont see why those costumes should be bad ^^

are you raging for a reason or just because you want the 200$ offer for a reasonable price

corrected that for you :) 

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

First of all if you dont like something there are thousands of ways to explain it with manners, but according your attitude you wont give a Sh** about it. Second, i played tons of Free to play games and never spend a single coin yet i had all the fun i expected, and  last but not least, if you think so hard that the game will fail just wait for it to do because in the very end, the numbers will say the last word.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    The worst thing you can do in a F2P game is play it for free.
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    (...)

no need to correct my statements, they were exactly as they should be.

guess you arent around for long, right? collector's editions ALWAYS come at a heavy price.

they are meant for FANS. hardcore fans. they wont cry over 200$, they just spend em.

incase you ever collected comics (incase you didn't know, that's where marvel comes from), they need you to spend ALOT more than 200$ if you wanna go berzerk on them (eg, read all stories, know all backgrounds, spinnoffs, cross-overs and whatnots) :)

ps: i'd bet some (or alot) of those skins (and/or features) will also be available in the cash shop, maybe as smaller bundle or as single sold item. and i bet they wont cost 200$ then. 

obviously SOME of those skins are exclusive tho. so you wont be able to get em all "at a reasonable price"

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

"Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game"

seriously, which part of "FOUNDER PROGRAM" you didnt get?

ohnoez! someone actually wanna get payed for his work and is offering a way for FANS WITH MONEY to spend it (which is what they will do, no matter how much you cry)

Yes because if you really want to enjoy yourself playing a F2P its still free to play right?  Hehe hell no.  Unless they are F2P games that started as Pay to Play games that stil offer a sub, tthey will cost you a smal fortune to turn them into someting enjoyable.  Games that ship as F2P from day one are always a trainwreak no exceptions to this rule yet.

• Originally posted by Thane
    (...)

guess you arent around for long, right? collector's editions ALWAYS come at a heavy price.

they are meant for FANS. hardcore fans. they wont cry over 200$, they just spend em.

incase you ever collected comics (incase you didn't know, that's where marvel comes from), they need you to spend ALOT more than 200$ if you wanna go berzerk on them (eg, read all stories, know all backgrounds, spinnoffs, cross-overs and whatnots) :)

ps: i'd bet some (or alot) of those skins (and/or features) will also be available in the cash shop, maybe as smaller bundle or as single sold item. and i bet they wont cost 200$ then. 

obviously SOME of those skins are exclusive tho. so you wont be able to get em all "at a reasonable price"

If you buy the Diablo 3 CE you get

- The full game

PLUS

- Behind the scenes making of DVD

- Diablo 3 soundtrack

- Diablo skull

- 4GB USB soulstone

- Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

- Some silly cosmetic stuff for World of WarCraft and StarCraft 2.

So vastly more value in the Diablo 3 CE. So that's gotta be lots more expensive than the Marvel Heroes Ultimate pack, where all you get is the full game, right? But wait! It's only $100 - ONLY HALF the price of the Marvel Heroes Ultimate pack!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Axxar
    (...)

If you buy the Diablo 3 CE you get

- The full game

PLUS

- Behind the scenes making of DVD

- Diablo 3 soundtrack

- Diablo skull

- 4GB USB soulstone

- Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

- Some silly cosmetic stuff for World of WarCraft and StarCraft 2.

So vastly more value in the Diablo 3 CE. So that's gotta be lots more expensive than the Marvel Heroes Ultimate pack, where all you get is the full game, right? But wait! It's only $100 - ONLY HALF the price of the Marvel Heroes Ultimate pack!

He tried saying the same thing in the other thread compairing a limited edition copy of Dirt 3 with Marvel Heroes lol. 

Dirt 3 $300 - Gives you full game on top of an R/C car that retails for $300+ 

vs. 

Marvel Heroes $200 - Gives you full game 

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

I read this entire thread thinking of tarder sauce going "This, I like this" hahaha. 

+1 for entertaining waste of Interwebbos space arguing about games that have nothing to do with one another as compared to one that's not even available on the market as of yet ;).

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Read some reviews, ask yourself is it really worth my time?

• infeeectinfeeect Member UncommonPosts: 7

Some ignorant people in this thread or what?

- all of the heroes and costumes are unlockable by playing the game and investing time, though i forgot half of you want that handed to you on a plate, so the only option you see is to buy the ultimate edition.

- you get starting champs ( like league of legends) however these will not be rotated.

- Half of you posting negative views clearly states you have no idea how to create a game and how much time and effort it takes to successfully pull it off.

- The games fully free to play the only bonuses you get are stated in the pack, if you decide to support the project by buying the founders pack.

- I'm all for supporting this new game because the developers will have no other way of income to fund the game other then the cash shop which is similar to league of legends, heroes and skins (don't see you guys complaining about league of legends) 

Conclusion

Don't like the game?, then dont start pointless threads about it keep it to yourself unless it's constructive.

No one is forcing you to buy this founders packs they just want to show appreciation towards the few who do buy the founders.

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Watched the last livestream preview video and the sad Octupus fight: "my first cut scene"... I don't think so unless you play one of the heroes that appear in the cut scene such as Spiderman and Captain America.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

Read some reviews, ask yourself is it really worth my time?

"estimated value: $0.00" Yeah.... not a resounding review...

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    $200 is such a ridiculous amount, its more than a years sub to a P2P game, probably enough left over even to buy GW2.. and all for a game that isnt actually an MMO.. someone is definitely having a laugh. There is only one way this game can go, and its not a pretty route. Seriously that is one huge red flag, the difference between charging people a reasonable amount to play a game, and extortion it seems, has found a new definition. There is only one reason for these kinds of numbers, and only one. The game isnt expected to last, so they need to generate as much cash as they can as quickly as possible, before people realise how bad things really are.image
  • Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114

DO NOT BUY IN TO ANYTHING GAZILLION PRODUCES!  Look at their track record.  They are the epitome of everything that is wrong with the mmo industry.  They are a group of venture capitolists who buy dev companies in order to acquire their tech and then they cut them loose the second they "think" they are going to lose money which in turn bankrupts the dev company.  

P.S.

If you left DCUO at launch, you might want to check it out again image

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. You can get all of these game and their FULL content for much less than the $200 founder pack for Marvel Heroes. Not just that, but every single character in those games can have a thousand times as many different looks as Marvel Superheroes. Gear you equip actually displays on your character in those games.

But you can't play Iron Man, spiderman or any of the avengers in those 3  games, can i?

• EleonelEleonel Member Posts: 15

Holy $hit there are some sour apples in this bunch, stop the crying I'm drowning here. Don't get the effin $200 pack if you're broke . I know I am, no shame in admitting it.

Also stop it with the "you can buy daiblo and all these other games". I think people are on these boards cuz they want THIS game, not cuz they want your alternative suggestion. Really dislike the people who create and account just to hate on a game, I must admit I created this account to hate on those people lol vicious cycle.

• EleonelEleonel Member Posts: 15

Holy $hit there are some sour apples in this bunch, stop the crying I'm drowning here. Don't get the effin $200 pack if you're broke . I know I am, no shame in admitting it.

Also stop it with the "you can buy daiblo and all these other games". I think people are on these boards cuz they want THIS game, not cuz they want your alternative suggestion. Really dislike the people who create and account just to hate on a game, I must admit I created this account to hate on those people lol vicious cycle.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Yamota
    It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...

Its not really a mmo...

Its Marvel Ultimate Alliance with a few large scale (optional) co-op zones.

People in this thread crying about the price of founders packs are silly... we can play through the game and find every hero and costumes as drops.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Saur0n

DO NOT BUY IN TO ANYTHING GAZILLION PRODUCES!  Look at their track record. 

what bad track record?   Super Hero Squad?

November 2012

Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Celebrates 4 Million Players With Heroes, Missions, a Redesigned Website and Expansion of its U.S. Servers to Europe
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20121112006160/en/Marvel-Super-Hero-Squad-Online-Celebrates-4

for people complaining about the $200.00 founder pack

dont buy it

at least its a better deal than the Neverwinter Nights $200.00 pack