Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well it's begun.....

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I rarely if ever get infractions for anything i write on comments in forums. I almost never have bans. (still don't) But I have to inform you guys and possible new players.

Do not post dissenting reviews of management decisions. Apparently it's against the rules to reveal holes in their game design post September and be prepared because anything you write will either be "your perception" of the actual daily game mechanics (like loot drops) or become vapor because they'll outright delete it and give you warnings. It's really sad. When other mmo's have done thing in their forums they generally end up crashing and burning entirely. Multiple threads were open for the purposes of discussing the possible future post AOE nerfs. One of the posts I wrote described in detail what would happen to the already broken Engineer class if this were to occur in it's current state. It went poof within 20 minutes of my posting it.

I expect more of this happening in the future.

Note to future new players: I would stay far far away from this game until the devs stop letting greedmongers control this game's direction because of whomever it is that's controlling the direction at the moment because it's certainly NOT gamers. (evident due to the design decisions post launch and the sheer lack of knowledge of mmo history when it comes to certain designs to control bots and the knowledge that they show blatant bias towards the balance and design of a single class at the expense of all others)

BTW I posted this.

That it's perfectly fine to consider a warrior balanced when he's doing one of the hardest dungeons solo.

Meanwhile engineers can't even finish their end game solo personal story without the threat of dying every minute and having to respawn constantly (and i showed examples of that).

All I can say is three words. "Witch Hunt Moderation" 

I'm sorry I didn't believe anyone else in the past when they posted a similar report on how bad this moderation is.

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Yep, I gave up on using the official gw2 forums long ago due to over-the-top moderation.  

Here's the email appeal I sent to [email protected] which they never responded to:

Greetings,

In response to the thread "What pets do you guys use?" I was dealt a ridiculous infraction for being brief.  The OP simply stated:

"I’m wondering what you guys use for sPvp/Pve/WvWvW. I’m currently using devourer/bear and trying to see what others are using also."

My reply was that I used the blue jellyfish pet because of it's amazing F2 ability.  The poster after me agreed when saying:

"And yes, I’d say the blue Jellyfish is probably the most surprisingly awesome pet."

I would appreciate a further explanation regarding how directly responding to the question posed by the thread creator, followed by the reasoning behind my choice fails to "not provide any meaningful contribution to the topic at hand."

I consider this post deletion an error in judgement on the part of the moderator and request the infraction be removed from my account.

Thank you for your time,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I wish mods gave out Cheerios or something man. What I really mean is that on most every board I post on I never see mods reward the good only punishing the bad. It's like the only thing they can do is use a beat stick but sometimes the best way to encourage everyone might be to throw in a carrot too. I am not going to single out GW2 as anything special when it comes to overly moderating their forums. It has become more and more common amongst most game companies anymore. SWTOR for another example. They really are guarding those dollars. And, I am not sure what the real cost of that is to us...

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    I really do not get the point of sensoring forum posts.  Sure if the post was outright offensive or something it needs to come down but I really don't understand what the devs think they gain by not letting people voice their opinions on the game.  People love to complain about stuff, and argue(or discuss or debate or whatever you want to call it) with others that have opposite opinion.  It is healthy for a game and truth is noone leaves a game cause somebody said something on a forum post.  They leave when they can't post what pisses them off and they have to keep it bottled up till they explode and rage quit and delete the game.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Zooce

Yep, I gave up on using the official gw2 forums long ago due to over-the-top moderation.  

Here's the email appeal I sent to [email protected] which they never responded to:

Greetings,

In response to the thread "What pets do you guys use?" I was dealt a ridiculous infraction for being brief.  The OP simply stated:

"I’m wondering what you guys use for sPvp/Pve/WvWvW. I’m currently using devourer/bear and trying to see what others are using also."

My reply was that I used the blue jellyfish pet because of it's amazing F2 ability.  The poster after me agreed when saying:

"And yes, I’d say the blue Jellyfish is probably the most surprisingly awesome pet."

I would appreciate a further explanation regarding how directly responding to the question posed by the thread creator, followed by the reasoning behind my choice fails to "not provide any meaningful contribution to the topic at hand."

I consider this post deletion an error in judgement on the part of the moderator and request the infraction be removed from my account.

Thank you for your time,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Wow, that is really bad moderation... I can understand if it is something criticizing the game and its development in an overtly negative or flame-y way, but as far as I can tell you didn't do anything wrong. I hope they reinstate your post and that they apologize to you for being over zealous.

I am staying away from this game until ANet fixes some of the bugs plaguing the classes I am most likely to level up to 80. I feel that the classes need more polish.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Uh. . . WHAT?

How can you not solo your story missions? By the way, AoE nerfs are probably going to be focused around AoE skills that do not follow the basic AoE paradigmes. For example Meteor Shower and Frost Bow, but don't quote me on that, you can never be to sure what Anet is ever thinking.

My question is: What is it that the Warrior does, that you cannot do on any other class? DPS? From my understanding the only thing that DPS helps you achieve is a quick phase one on the last boss of path 2. However I wouldn't recommend melee soloing Lupicus any ancillary dodge skills and or invulnerable skills just incase you slip up. To solo Lupicus is all you need is high uptime on Vigor and Swiftness, and if you want to make it easier, use some lifesteal food. He is very easy to kite. If anything the video you linked is a testament to the plight that is the End Game Dungeon Design.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

GW2 is a niche game for whales.  Make a thread in their forum with a title "This game is awesome" you will get a response from a dev saying "thank you, we are glad you are enjoying our game", but put a thread with any critism then it gets deleted and you get infractured.

I moved away from GW2 not long after the halloween event for more reasons than I got time to stick in this post, and never intend to return. Pointless forum where the devs can't be bothered to respond to the masses and when they do respond its a vague answer and then closed with a refer to this thread answer.

I must admit I was a bit of a fanboi myself and thought Anet wasnt doing any wrong with this game prerelease, man I was so wrong on many levels, no matter Ive slapped myself hard since.

/fanbois incoming, but i'm not going to feed you.

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

OP: you've obviously playing it wrong, therefore posting it wrong.

/sarcasm off

What I learnt recently, in the worst possible way (as in IRL), is that when someone asks for feedback (no matter who and for what), you can't criticize anything (so go figure what happens when they don't ask you for feedback and you volunteer it).

The only way to get away with "constructive feedback" (dont ever say negative, god forbid) is as follows:

"Everything is quite good and absolutely fantastic, and guess what: even if it seems impossible due to current unsurpassed awesomeness, *maybe* it could get even better if you consider [insert your comment/sugestion] What do you think?"

AH the corporate bullsh*t.. never fails to deliver.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I think the broken engineer is going to be broken for quite some time. I don't plan on lvling my current one anymore. Folks would rather complain about lack of players in mid-lvls and direct the developers attention to that than fix the REAL problems plaguing actually gameplay, broken mechanics, runes not working (or are they haha), skills be corrected in tooltips when something effects it (so we actually know it works), adjusting / working on WvW, etc. Anyways, I hope something is done to a wider aray of GW2's problems than just mid-lvl zone return players there utter crap.

Don't know how you presented the original post, so I can't comment on that much - but what you're arguing is something that really needs fixed.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Most AoE threads were merged into this one:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Is-AoE-actually-a-problem-Discussion-Thread/first

It's pretty much full of negative reactions to the AoE statement. I don't think they're deleting negative statements. They're just too eager to remove "redundant" posts, like that jellyfish post.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Here's a good one.

Apparently pointing out obvious flaws is trolling.

And this combined with my previous post is worthy of a 3 day ban, which they didn't even inform me about. I was just banned, e-mailed support twice, no response, quit the game.

These posts were a while back, early on when WvW top tier had hacking/exploiting of the orbs running rampant and serious imbalances, not sure how it is now.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I am a GW2 fan but i agree with the comments here on draconian moderation

anet reads/posts on reddit too

have people been complaining about ANET forum moderation on reddit?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

The one Pivotelite posted does look quite unfair.
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

If you complain enough about the game on this forum, you will get a warning here as well!

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    i got a temp ban for saying "lol"
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

so, you shared exploits and got banned for it?

shocking news ^^

uh no, exactly the way it should be.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

ArenaNet didn't even want to have their own forums, so when they started them they flat out said they would be heavily moderated. Why is this always such a shock to people?  /shrug

As far as MMO's, GW2 is a safe choice to play.  It's not going anywhere anytime soon.  This company is 100% in and this is a good thing for it's players.  I can't say the same for studios that let their games die on the vine.

Some of us as gamers are like that 17 year old who hates his dad because he bought him the wrong color iPhone. 

Love it or hate it, GW2 is good for the genre.  No sub fee with literally no requirement to use the cash shop at all and 100% developer commitment.  They aren't handing their game to the B squad to develop something else.  They make GW2 and that's it.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

This same thing can be said for every game going back to SWG.

I recall being banned on the SWG forums because I posted that being told that we were limited to such a small amount of characters because of the "total amount of pixels just in the face alone is more than what other games characters have total" is a slap in the face of every gamers intellect...and yes, RAPH KOSTER gave that as the reason.

Few MMO makers want to hear real opinions on their game, why do you think the genre is full of bland, average and bad games? Its from a massive disconnect from their consumers.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by zastroph

If you complain enough about the game on this forum, you will get a warning here as well!

This is incorrect.  There is no policy against criticising a game.  There are, however, plenty of policies for creating threads saying, "GW2 sux" and leave no room for a healthy discussion about it.  There are also policies against creating repeating threads about the same stuff other threads are already discussing.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by Rthuth434

If that's all you said, you broke the CoC.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    When will people realise that posting on official forums is always with the previso that your seemingly correct post will be deemed as against the AUP thats why we have forums like this one, but if you really want to post on official forums word your post better. No generalisations, no sweeping statements like "everyone is leaving because of your [insert wrongdoing]  no starting threads on a subject which has 5 threads started already or one big merged thread on the go, just use common sense keep it civil and post in the right thread and don't be paranoid. The ascended gear thread was massive and I'm sure got the point across and it never got deleted until it was deemed to be a circular argument. Put yourself in the dev's shoes for once they are running a business not a charity so they would like to minimise negativity and trolling as your complaint might seem to be the most important thing to you but to others its trivial. Official forums are always heavily moderated especially AAA ones accept it I'm afraid.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

If that's all you said, you broke the CoC.

Lol

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

crappy companies such as trion worlds and NCsoft truly are lame. But you truly deserved this one OP.

No need to be mad, justice is served get over it.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by Zooce

Greetings,

Thank you for your time,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Wow, that is really bad moderation... I can understand if it is something criticizing the game and its development in an overtly negative or flame-y way, but as far as I can tell you didn't do anything wrong. I hope they reinstate your post and that they apologize to you for being over zealous.

I am staying away from this game until ANet fixes some of the bugs plaguing the classes I am most likely to level up to 80. I feel that the classes need more polish.

LOL I read that last line as "I feel that the classes need more jellyfish"!

If you guys played GW1 you should have some more faith in the GW2 team.  They know what they are doing, give them some room to do what they have to do to get the game optimal, it will happen.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166

Kind of disturbing that a poster who used to fight Guild Wars 2 critics tooth and nail, now spends most of his forum time complaining the game is being led towards disaster.

Not sure OP but while I agree with you that it seems GW2 is moving away from its core principles, is such a thing really a problem. I mean that if this is what the majority of GW2 players are asking for, are we in the minority not the ones with the actual problem of refusing to adapt to change.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

This discussion has been closed.