Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for (fast/arena) shooter

TisLarsTisLars Member UncommonPosts: 49

Hello,

As title says, looking for a well-done shooter. Things I really like:

• Gameplay over graphics (it doesn't need perfect graphics, it's all about gameplay);
  • Somewhat fast-paced;
  • Decent acitivity to find a few games at every hour of the day.

Games I like:

• Quake3/Quake Live;
  • Xonotic (but no activity online);
  • Warsow (but also lacks activity).

Thanks!

Comments

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118
    You could try Hawken i ts fast and free to play
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

Team Fortress 2

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tf2, csgo
  • ScaryMonkScaryMonk Member Posts: 97
    Halo obviously
  • hotfrosthotfrost Member UncommonPosts: 20
    defenitely Team Fortress 2 and Tribes: Ascend.
  • TisLarsTisLars Member UncommonPosts: 49

To reply multiple suggestions:

• TF2, Hawken and Tribes: Ascend aren't really my type of games. I never really got into TF2, maybe the cartoony style scared me off;
    • Hawken isn't my style cause of the mech stuff and not really that fast-paced it seemed;
    • Tribes: Ascend I have played. It was fun at first, but overall it's just glide through the map and spam the same gun.
    I played Counter Strike 1.6 and Source for a very long time. Was indeed looking into CS:GO, gonna check it out maybe, although it's not the typical fast, arena-style shooter.

Haven't really ever known about Halo on pc.
  • ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118

Have to be mentionned as well since its a forum about mmorpg, planetside 2 nice action and as u wanted alway people to play with / against.

Gameplay in squad is interessting and can be tactical depend with who u are playing

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

Team Fortress 2 is the only game you need.

Team Fortress 2 is one of the greatest shooters of alltime and one of my personal favorites.

Id rate it a 10/10

Its one of my top 10 alltime games , its fun, creative and smooth gameplay.

I may rip on SWTOR all the time cause I hate it and hate EA/Bioware for putting out a crappy Star Wars game .

SWTOR is a good example of a poor dev team making a crap game.

Team Fortress 2 is a example of a awesome dev team putting out a wonderful game and its also free to play (A really good free to play model) unlike SWTOR.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I don't know anything about "arena" shooters or such anymore, haven't played Quake or such.. -cough-crap-cough- in years.

But! I can recommend two Faster shooters, what I would consider quite good. Natural Selection 2 and Nuclear Dawn. However, to be successful at either of these requires plenty of teamwork, with commanders and all that strategy often involved. Of course personal skill matters, very much so, but good solo players wont win you the game on Marines in NS2 when you have no one building or expanding - which means no resources to upgrade or research anything (weapons, teleports and what not.)

If you're willing to step into the "free to play circle", then Blacklight, Global Agenda (Hey, that has arena style PvP!) and even APB might interest you.

If you want something slower with considerably more depth, I would certainly point you towards Mount&Blade series or Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2 and/or Arma 2 - www.realitymod.com

-IF- you want to walk in Legends, get yourself Action Quake 2. Used to play that a Lot when I was a youngster, and it still has a good community I hear!

We?re all dead, just say it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • andreiutzandreiutz Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Not sure how populated it is, but give Nexuiz look.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

http://www.fpsguru.com/

MMORPG.coms Sister site might have the info you are looking for. 

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Global Agenda would be good, but  not sure how fast the queue is now days.
  • Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

Why not play Quake Live? It's exactly what you're looking for and is the best skill-based shooter out there next to Counter-Strike.

Another option is gungame (CS:GO calls it Arms Race) for Counter-Strike. That's pretty fast and fun.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by TisLars

Hello,

As title says, looking for a well-done shooter. Things I really like:

• Gameplay over graphics (it doesn't need perfect graphics, it's all about gameplay);
    • Somewhat fast-paced;
    • Decent acitivity to find a few games at every hour of the day.

Games I like:

• Quake3/Quake Live;
    • Xonotic (but no activity online);
    • Warsow (but also lacks activity).

Thanks!

highlighted the answer for you :)

quake3 will always be king.

hawken is quite fun too tho, agreed, you could check it out.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

QuakeWorld, Quake live, Unreal tournament and Unreal tournament 2004 are the best fast paced FPS games imo. Team fortress 2 is fun but it's not a fast paced arena game, try it if you like FPS games, it's free.

I personally like Unreal tournament 2004 the best, dodge jumping adds a whole other dimension to combat and it has the most fun weapons out of all the games I mentioned. You can try the demo for free, it has online multiplayer aswell.

• FauzrukFauzruk Member UncommonPosts: 8

My personal favorite arena fast paced game is Bloodline Champions (BLC).

Played it for more than a year. The community is not that big but very active. You can find games every time of the day. It's a free to play game so you can try !

It's a WoW Arena style but using 2D FPS elements (RTS view) and it's ton of fun and the skillcap is very very high.

It's basically a 3v3 in best of 5 rounds, you have healers, tanky, melee, range etc ...

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Firefall.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.