Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Live Stream Event Today!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Those looking forward to learning more about Defiance will want to head to the official Trion Twitch.tv page at 1:30 p.m. Pacific (4:30 p.m. EST) today to watch a live stream event from the ongoing closed beta.

Trion Worlds is kicking off the first Defiance Closed Beta on their Friday livestream. They’ll be showing off brand new Defiance gameplay, answering questions from the chat, and most importantly, giving away beta keys! Tune in and watch the chat for your shot at a key so you can start playing Trion’s new massive third person shooter this weekend.

Find out more at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    well got a beta key but no invite seems odd.  oh well.
  • health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    your not missing much :) was over at my freinds house he keeped crashing.not sure if everyone was having the same problem
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by expresso
    well got a beta key but no invite seems odd.  oh well.

Same.

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    lol I got my beta invite instructions in German... This'll be interesting
  • HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97

thanks rmk70, I got the german response as well, and deleted it thinking it was a scam

• rcefrcef Member Posts: 11

i got a beta key and was thinking that didnt got invite but i checked my email of my trion account and the beta invite was there downloading right now hope i can play in the night.

pd: srry for my english

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Game is working pretty good for me. No worse than any other beta.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193

Im watching the live stream atm, and it doesn't seem that interesting. Firefall+Borderlands+more real art style... Will give it a go tho, Trion is awsome so they atleast deserv that.

The rocketlauncher rife thing is stupid...

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    LOL the beta invite could come with a frikin bar of gold and people would still find something to complain about ;)
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Man I like what I have seen but it is so unstable.  I crash to desktop constantly and the game keeps going down and when I log back in I'm back like 15 mins in the past.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by health001
    your not missing much :) was over at my freinds house he keeped crashing.not sure if everyone was having the same problem

yes. Constant crashing. I like to take my time thinking of a good name for my character and it crashed on me like 6 times before i could create my character lol..... once i finally entered, the crash fest was unbearable and every time i entered again my toon was rolledback to the begining of the map. Other than that, the game is runs smooth and fine, and its fun when played with friends. Im playing alone and feels very repetitive. Hopefully the feedback surveys after every major quest help the devs add more variation in questing.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Had a great amount of fun playing in the beta, had to restart about 5 times to get past the tutorial cause it kept looping me, and crashed once or twice, but otherwise it ran extremly smoothly for me, its good to finally have a Third Person Shooter back in the MMO world, we've needed once since the failure of Tabula Rasa( Its not a First Person shooter, I dont know how people can keep calling it one ). The quests tell a good story and are pretty difficult to do by yourself so alot of people worked together often, there not really different classes which is nice, just different starting weapons, and you quickly were given one of each type of weapon to try out and see if you wanted to switch up your play style. So far its looking like a good game and you can make whatever build you want, I dig it, hope they continue the great work.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by vieplis666
    [mod edit]

1) *sigh* 

2) *facepalm* There are no classes

3)  Never been in a proper closed beta eh?

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Man I like what I have seen but it is so unstable.  I crash to desktop constantly and the game keeps going down and when I log back in I'm back like 15 mins in the past.

It had its good and bad periods.  I was able to get several hours in of relatively stable gameplay by playing in off hours.