Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Is it just me or does the combat kind of suck?

13»

Comments

• BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member
    @ Bigsmiff

Well it's an open PvP game with no safe zones at all, so ofc there's some ganking. However, due to the harsh consequences for random murder and the numerous ways to PvP legitimately, pointless noob ganking is pretty rare - most people don't think it's worth the price.

Still, if you hate non-consensual/open PvP this is not the game for you.
  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by AresPL
    plus in future there will be above 50 styles and You have to know what Your enemy can do, have to also keep an eye on his parry as some can give dmg, def, speed and other nasty debuffs

And parry is the easiest to incorporate into your style, probably why emei rage builder parry and some internal recovery parry go for so much. I like the Valley drain hp/gain hp parry myself.

for internal scholars, shaolin&guards speed up good against kiting +darts with slow, also in future there will be clanless throwing style with make kiting impossible which made tang rage all over chinese forums

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    plus in future there will be above 50 styles and You have to know what Your enemy can do, have to also keep an eye on his parry as some can give dmg, def, speed and other nasty debuffs

And parry is the easiest to incorporate into your style, probably why emei rage builder parry and some internal recovery parry go for so much. I like the Valley drain hp/gain hp parry myself.

for internal scholars, shaolin&guards speed up good against kiting +darts with slow, also in future there will be clanless throwing style with make kiting impossible which made tang rage all over chinese forums

Demon Soul throwing knife set is already in the game, though I see very few full books with it.
  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member

thats not style that I talk about

rage skill from Your throwing knife

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,074Member Uncommon

I think the combat is ok as it fits the style of this MMO. I will dabble in this semi sandbox MMO until snail games release their flagship sandbox MMO later this year.

I've been playing on the Russian server for a week and it's not to bad. The combat takes a bit of getting used to but it  doesn't suck.

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

13»