Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOOHOO! Jay Wilson got fired

2»

Comments

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by bishbosh2
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    He didn't get fired.  He moved to a new project.  Somebody should delete this thread.

lol he got fired. do you think game companies will announce shit like " we hired are lead producer because he sucks and ruined our franchise". in the PR speak, "moved to a new project" means " we sacked this mofo cos he failed".

Are you really that naive? Yeah, he got fired even though he said on his company's website that he would be moved to another project within Blizzard to work on something new and that he would still consult with the Diablo 3 team every so often..

Why would he get fired on a project that ended up selling like 10 million+ copies? That...makes no sense. 

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Not sure why they put him on "Titan"  but obvious Blizzard and Jay are on the same page.
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

D3 is the last "blizzard" project I will buy.

Sucks to say =(   I had every product from WC1 -->Cata.  I lost my taste for blizzard products in BC.

D3 is a sad shell of what it could have been.

SC.. meh, the whole 3 seperate games hehehehe thing turned me off from sc2.

byebye blizzard, you were my childhood =(

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by bishbosh2
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    He didn't get fired.  He moved to a new project.  Somebody should delete this thread.

lol he got fired. do you think game companies will announce shit like " we hired are lead producer because he sucks and ruined our franchise". in the PR speak, "moved to a new project" means " we sacked this mofo cos he failed".

He got promoted. He got a huge raise too. He has a bigger office and a new title to go with it. They gave him three assistants. Blizzard likes Jay. He makes them money. So  much money they can't count it as fast as it's coming in. They keep having to adjust their profit forcasts upwards.

Whats really sad is the guy you quoted doesn't even know the real PR speak for fired.  That would be, "So and so has left our company to pursue other opportunities".  New ventures such as a line at the nearst unemployment office.  That kind of double talk only really happens with really high up folks though, its to prevent lower tier workers from getting involved in upper office problems.  Its best to keep a level of distance there.  Being moved to a new project is almost always a promotion, or, in the very least, a lateral move to sustain key members of staff at a certain payscale in the company.  In rare cases its a move, always lateral in pay, meant to insult the person by placing them in less valuable positions to make a point.

Sort of similar to telling your managers they have to park in the back of the lot.  Oh, sure, they still have their jobs.  But now they get to do a walk of shame every day past ALL the staff.  This is clearly not happening here, since D3 was a financial success.  You simply don't insult the people who are turning profit for you.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by nukempro

So Jay Wilson has spent 7 years straining to pass the turd known as D3. Now that he has finally finished doing his business...Blizzard is gonna let him take a huge shit on Titan as well? I dunno but I would fully expect a RMAH in Titan and such a low drop rate on items that you have no choice but to use it if you want to progress. D3 will probably go down as the biggest dissapointment in my entire life as far as games go.

Sadly there are so many here that will sing D3 praises and attempt to suck farts out of Jay Wilsons ass...blizzbots never change.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/26576/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Steps-Away-from-Diablo-3-Moves-to-New-Project.html#cLbsE2LgLyJwbfkw.99

Is that what happened in Diablo 3? I must be playing a different game...image

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by nukempro

So Jay Wilson has spent 7 years straining to pass the turd known as D3. Now that he has finally finished doing his business...Blizzard is gonna let him take a huge shit on Titan as well? I dunno but I would fully expect a RMAH in Titan and such a low drop rate on items that you have no choice but to use it if you want to progress. D3 will probably go down as the biggest dissapointment in my entire life as far as games go.

Sadly there are so many here that will sing D3 praises and attempt to suck farts out of Jay Wilsons ass...blizzbots never change.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/26576/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Steps-Away-from-Diablo-3-Moves-to-New-Project.html#cLbsE2LgLyJwbfkw.99

Is that what happened in Diablo 3? I must be playing a different game...image

Maybe he is confusing it with the regular AH. I stopped enjoy Diablo 3 pretty early on but was blinded by the money I was making on the RMAH. I did not spend a cent and managed to make over 200$ and buy myself a ps3 with it ;p I lost interest in D3 shortly after that when I realized I spent more time watching something on my other monitor then actually playing the game.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Doesn't he still work for Blizzard?
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    If you watch Pulp Fiction you can see Jay Wilson at work at Blizz HQ.  He is the one wearing the zipped up leather mask.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    He didn't lose his job, he stepped down to work on another failure.