Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resubbed to Age of Conan and ..

MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
Wow! the game has really been cleaned up! I havent played in years, but the fresh feel of the content (especially the new content added today) is enough to keep many hardcore MMO players engaged... I created a character on the Deathwish server (pvp with looting which means if you are killed you will mostlikely lose items in your inventory) and mind you I beta tested Darkfail 2.0.. the pvp in AoC is 100x better than DF, with a much better loot system. Also in the works (other than the expansion which is coming out in 4 parts) is the revamped tradeskill system which will make for a very intriguing time for those of us who dig crafting. Ran a few dungeons this week too and all I have to say is Funcom KNOWS how to make a really fun dungeon experience lol. Anyways I highly suggest all of you give this f2p with option to sub game a serious go... If your an avid PVPer, sign up for deathwish as the server makes for some pretty heart-pounding pvp ;)

Comments

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    I think i give it a try again. Playing LOTRO now but i do miss some pvp. When my wow sub ends in few days i think i level to max my barbarian. Is  he any good in end pvp?
  • MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by zomard100
    I think i give it a try again. Playing LOTRO now but i do miss some pvp. When my wow sub ends in few days i think i level to max my barbarian. Is  he any good in end pvp?

Well many agree that AoC PvP takes skill with knowing your moves and being able to do effective combat while on the move... so the class balance is finally where it should be which gives every class strengths and weakness in given situations... if you got skill, your barb will kick ass ;D I would suggest if you havent started a toon on the Death Wish PVP centric server, do so!

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    I jumped back into it recently and it does feel like the game it should have been at release.  Is worth looking into again.  
    Originally posted by Maitrader

Well many agree that AoC PvP takes skill with knowing your moves and being able to do effective combat while on the move... so the class balance is finally where it should be which gives every class strengths and weakness in given situations... if you got skill, your barb will kick ass ;D I would suggest if you havent started a toon on the Death Wish PVP centric server, do so!

Noooo! I had on Death Wish barbarian 40 lev and now is no more there! Do they delete characters from inactive accounts?

No they dont thats for sure, i would contact customer service though

My fault :) Charater is on Rage EU. This game run so smooth and fast now!  I did quests for few hours and i must say they are much better from LOTRO quests.  There is actually  story behind any single quest not like in LOTRO kill boars , return back and kill same boars without any reason. Don't get me wrong, story and epic quests in LOTRO are amazing  but i think AOC  is in much better condition. Combat is so smooth and fluid . In few days i level characters to 50 in both games, so i can compare this 2
    My fault :) Charater is on Rage EU. This game run so smooth and fast now!  I did quests for few hours and i must say they are much better from LOTRO quests.  There is actually  story behind any single quest not like in LOTRO kill boars , return back and kill same boars without any reason. Don't get me wrong, story and epic quests in LOTRO are amazing  but i think AOC  is in much better condition. Combat is so smooth and fluid . In few days i level characters to 50 in both games, so i can compare this 2

Aye, every game has "collect x, return y" quests... just filler content but yea the game has become another fucking sleeper jewel in funcoms crown. Anyone who is interested in returning, send me a message and roll on Deathwish! we got a solid group of 5 that is looking to go 1 - 80 freemium on deathwish ;D

• iozayiozay Member UncommonPosts: 29
    The game is awesome yes! ^^ I still enjoy it from time to time! :)
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

I played at launch and it...was bad. Really bad. But I went back in 2011 and still have a running sub.

It's a beautiful game, and it is game that requires some skill even in PvE, which makes a nice change.

And let's not forget 'fatalities', which are sorely needed in other MMOs. (Won't happen, though.)

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

I'm kind of in this boat as well.

I did launch, and enjoyed the game despite all the issues, but I only lasted 5-6 months, came back in 2011 for a month, and liked what I saw, but had no familiar faces to play with, and realized that I could not pick up my max level characters and just play, that I needed to re-level characters in order to learn (or re-learn) how to play them. Doing that solo was just not appealing.

I've been MMO-less now for awhile, dabbling in TSW (I know, two Funcom MMO's at the same time, what is the world coming to?) SWTOR for me was fun, but once I was thru the content, and I had 6 level 80's, 4 Sith, and 2 Republic, I had seen what I wanted to, and it's been 6 months or so since I had something to sink my teeth into.

Seeing threads like this, have me downloading the client, and looking forward to jumping back in tonight, and starting from scratch. Dont know that I'll sub, at least not quite yet, but we'll see.

I'm just worried about population now is all. (Previous toons were on Cimmeria)

I realize my mileage may vary, but good thread, motived me to give it another go.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    AoC rule!! God knows what a B2P initiative could have done with this bitch:)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124

Always liked this game and the f2p version isn't half bad imo.  Had a running sub for 3 years, have several 80's and since then I've havnt really found a game with better combat, graphics, or story.  It's pretty hard and really requires a lot of dexterity, especially if you are melee class doing all those combo's.  The combat graphics are the best in the biz imo too.  

Too bad the one starting zone though, but on the flipside, the offline leveling is kinda nice if you've built it up. I've got 40 free levels waiting for me.   The only remaining fun for me is between 20 and 79 though.    

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

funny this thread..

im in the same boat as op.. playing beta of darkfall..after 8 years of following that game and playing it.. my darkfall game goes down the drain because of the glunky combat..

Never really tried age of conan.. well i did but till lev 20 orso..

downloading currently giving it another shot..

Does this game has territory control and making castles and shit?

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Oh yea Aoc is starting to get noticed, ha ha. It really is a worthy MMO and easily stands up to anything out there today. I came on board shortly after the Godslayer expansion and subbed for about 2 years. I never could understand all the hate the game received on the boards because that didn't refelect my experience with the game at all. I chalked it up to bitter grudges over the game's flawed launch. Or maybe under powered computers that couldn't run the game properly. This game is an artistic masterpiece in my opinion. The music, graphics, silky smooth motion quality, gorgeous environments. The story and questing are first rate for a theme park MMO. Pretty cool game.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

well if any of you guys are coming back to the game, we should make a and the mmorpg.com Guild on death wish hardcore PvP server.. liking the idea of watching each others back and running through pve content as well :)

I'm impressed guys. My son is now downloading AOC after he saw all that improvements in game. Can't play now, have a lag because of download :)
    it would be fun to get a bunch of people together to start from level 1 and go all the way to 80 on freemium account.. once we get to level 80 we can decide if we want to experience the new content with a paid account.. patrolling as a group and doing all the instances in dungeons of the game has the offer would be a blast. We're looking to be casual however we do want to run through all the content at a pace that allows for the full experience of all the content in a timely manner

Originally posted by LuckyDucky

Oh yea Aoc is starting to get noticed, ha ha. It really is a worthy MMO and easily stands up to anything out there today. I came on board shortly after the Godslayer expansion and subbed for about 2 years. I never could understand all the hate the game received on the boards because that didn't refelect my experience with the game at all. I chalked it up to bitter grudges over the game's flawed launch. Or maybe under powered computers that couldn't run the game properly. This game is an artistic masterpiece in my opinion. The music, graphics, silky smooth motion quality, gorgeous environments. The story and questing are first rate for a theme park MMO. Pretty cool game.

you and the guild you're with can build a city from ground up which includes the castle. Castles can be sieged by other guilds or licenses. A lot of work has been done to make sieging more doable

Originally posted by PWN_FACE

Ha~ Nice thread.  Now I'm downloading, too. Played DF1, but after playing in the beta, I don't think DFUW is going to work for me. I'm not saying anything is wrong with DFUW, but I realized I don't have as much time to play now and be involved in a clan as I did before and you will get owned alone in that game. I think it might be easier to play AoC on a bit more casual basis and still get some good pvp in. Guild activity is fun in AoC, but I don't think it's as essential as in DFUW. I had a lvl 80 Guardian a couple of years ago and I don't know what happened to that account. I guess I will just start all over. How is leveling? I remember I was sick of running villas to level when I played AoC the first time. Has it changed?

yes it has changed considerably

You can actually kill with mounts! Bought my first mount today and killed some low levels with mount(Killer Rhino), i know it is wrong and bad. Sorry guys
    Lol zom why not join our lil crew ;)

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    i could'nt do a pvp server cos i suck at it but the game in general is 1000x better than it was at release..i got 7xlvl 80..although i used a lot of offline lvls for 3 of them.all my guild left the game and because no guild would take me at the time i just left.i had raid gear on my conq,DT,pom..all other classes had crappy gear..but i am going to take a look when they put in the new crafting system.
  • anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131
    AOC does not deserve to be left for dead like this it's one of my fave mmo's! amazing in every aspect  only if people could look past how it use to be, and how it is now 100x better!!
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    The still require you to hit combo keys to execute a skill/combo?  That always irked my like no tomm.  Was playing a DT and was always a pain to maintain situation awareness and hit thise combo keys.  Hated that mechanic.
  • LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    The still require you to hit combo keys to execute a skill/combo?  That always irked my like no tomm.  Was playing a DT and was always a pain to maintain situation awareness and hit thise combo keys.  Hated that mechanic.

I dunno what the combo set up was at launch, but now you first select a combo attack then hit one,  two, or at the most 3 buttons [ Q,W,E ] to execute the attack. Only the most advanced combos take more than 1 or 2 buttons to pull off. It really isn't a complex system, just interactive enough to keep the combat interesting. The other part about the combat I like is the directional control you have over the attack. You can strike the enemy over head, on his right side, or on his left side.  There are defensive shields that move around the enemy, so you have to attack when his shield is down for max damage. I think it is a fun system.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"