Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are factions completely segregated?

2»

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc
    Originally posted by Vonatar
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    No there's only 2 pve areas per side at launch, they ate keeping back places like black marsh for expansion.

Source?

observe the recent themepark trend my friend, and the market in general, why release all world for a X amount of revenue if u can release ur game earlier to please investors soon and then profit from X+Y = game released + expansions packs, that prolly are already ready but to be release at homeopatical doses to keep the dummies playing and paying for each piece?

Not as dumb as the people throwing their money at kickstarter projects.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    im glad factions are seperate, it gives a sense of tension to the world unlike other games were you can pick daisey with everyone. you need an enemy in an mmo and this is were gw2 failed for me, i never had that sense of an enemy or an approaching conflict.

Agree 100%

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    This is why they should gave COPIED DAOC MORE and had the alternative ffa and coop server ruleset instead of this mega server bullshit.

The "i can't go where I want" people would have been happy then

Well, the Mega-server will supposedly have different "dimensions" (for lack of a better word) that you can go into based upon how you answer some personality test.

Theoretically, they could have a co-op version and ffa version of the game available to those who prefer that type of gameplay.

• Daoc1LuvDaoc1Luv Member Posts: 1

I have played a lot of MMo's and Daoc was by far the best of all of them.  Wow,swtor,DoD, Warhammer,Conan are some of the games I have played and all of them lacked something compared to Daoc.  The three seperate factions segregated factions added much to the game exerience.  When Daoc started it was similar to what ESO is proposing and then different servers emerged later.  You would level to 50 in your own closed off realm strictly for protection.  Leveling to 50 was hard has hell to do because ever death you experienced resulted in a loss of exp for that level.  I saw people loose a whole weeks worth of exp in a matter of minutes from multiple deaths. PVP is always on between the different realms with no comunication so you don't want them in your area while you are leveling.   Also the unity in your realm is much greater than any other game I played.  People WANT to help you get geared up in your realm.  There was no fighting over equipment or things like that.  I was all about Pride of your realm.  Also the world is MASSIVE.....It would take you like 20 minutes just to get to a main fighting area and if you died and no healer could res you it tok forever to get back into the fight.  Even if you only get to see 60 percent of the world you won't ever miss the other areas.....If they institute penalties for death on exp alot of this will make since.   Getting to just 50 in DAOC was a monument when the game first started.  Really it was funny as hell when people cried over lost EXP...

Also it would take some luck and  like and hour just to get to the enemies front gate so you could kill newbies comming out.  But you would be hunted at that point ...then die and take like an hour to get back there....

I don't know what this game is like yet but  I was just saying that there are valid reasons for seperated zones for factions that you could enjoy...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I like segragated factions. It adds to Immersion. You start to hate the other guys. I just hope they wont be seperated to the point that you can't even go to other places. It's bad enough you can't raid them.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    im glad factions are seperate, it gives a sense of tension to the world unlike other games were you can pick daisey with everyone. you need an enemy in an mmo and this is were gw2 failed for me, i never had that sense of an enemy or an approaching conflict.

I'm glad factions are seperate as well.... but I don't think they should've locked players into factions by races.  Not sure I can follow you with GW2, opening the game like that is one thing I felt they did right.  Nonetheless, no one is saying that ESO shouldn't have factions, they just shouldn't be according to what race you pick.

Originally posted by bcbully
    I like segragated factions. It adds to Immersion. You start to hate the other guys. I just hope they wont be seperated to the point that you can't even go to other places. It's bad enough you can't raid them.

What kind of immersion are you talking about?  Immersion into the IP, realism... It sounds like you're just tossing out an interesting word.  Are you saying the the other Elder Scrolls games lack 'immersion' because they didn't lock us in a faction?

And yes they are seperated to the point you can't go to other places.  There will be a big fat invisible wall between the 3 different areas - how's that for immerson.