Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In GW2 skill matters: 4 men defeated the zerg in WvW (video)

2»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Some evenings my guild has a strike force going around taking camps, killing yaks and all that, maybe even sneaking a tower or two if we can get away with it. You can get a lot of points for your server that way, avoid the enemy zerg (not hard to keep track of them with TS up), and generally use a small force to cause the enemy to react as opposed to act. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Any time you have a group of friends/players/guildies use to grouping and using their skill you will normaly best and zerg full of solo minded players that dont know how to group properly. These 4 guys used the tactics and terrain to their advantage. Was a nice video to watch.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    This can't be true the haters says there is only Zergs and It's impossible to run around in small groups.

Fighting a small group is clearly not impossible, but just useless from what I gather. Yes they can fight a zerg at a choke point and come out the winner, but the question is what did they gain from it? (beside a good time offcourse :P). So from what I notice is that being in a small team can be a hell of a fun and you could do some small things on the world PvP map, but you hardly make a dent to the world PvP compared to the zerg(s).

Mah I dont know stopped playing GW2 a while ago. Might check it out soon again. 

What did they gain from it?????????

They held up and ultimately neutralized an entire zerg, freeing up other forces to claim objectives unhindered.  This group now has to respawn, repair and regroup.... a lot of downtime.  Volumes could be written for the uses of small units in WvW.

You cant think of it as any one action having a game changing effect.  It is a constant and unrelenting harrassment of enemy forces that has a huge affect over time.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    This can't be true the haters says there is only Zergs and It's impossible to run around in small groups.

Fighting a small group is clearly not impossible, but just useless from what I gather. Yes they can fight a zerg at a choke point and come out the winner, but the question is what did they gain from it? (beside a good time offcourse :P). So from what I notice is that being in a small team can be a hell of a fun and you could do some small things on the world PvP map, but you hardly make a dent to the world PvP compared to the zerg(s).

Mah I dont know stopped playing GW2 a while ago. Might check it out soon again. 

Those 4 might have done a huge difference we don't know about.

lets say like this.

They made so an entire zerg went lemming after them while their guild/server prepared a siege without being interupted by a inc blob, the guild/server had plenty of time to set up trebs,rams,arrowcarts.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• nerbonnerbon Member Posts: 28
    that dont show skills
    but how overpowered aoe was

btw RIP aoe
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    @nerbon

This has nothing to do with aoe power. They weren't killing with one simple aoe. This 4 man team could have been dealt with easily with some communication. The remarkable thing here is that in most mmos a zerg like that will win no matter what. In gw2 you have a chance.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    @nerbon

This has nothing to do with aoe power. They weren't killing with one simple aoe. This 4 man team could have been dealt with easily with some communication. The remarkable thing here is that in most mmos a zerg like that will win no matter what. In gw2 you have a chance.

That chance is called "glitchy culling"

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

A lot of people here dont seem to know basic tactics.

In my guild which has been around for 15 years and loves to PvP we know all that needs to be done is send one or two small man teams out to DELAY the other side.

A small group of 4-6 people that know how to work together can delay a large group of people long enough for the main zerg to capture points faster than the zerg being slowed down can take theirs...and it even stops counter zergs long enough for a larger force to catch them and put an end to a zerg circling a zone capturing points that were just taken.

An entire map can be controlled with 2 small teams out slowing down any groups trying to take a point and one decent sized group taking points and counter attacking the other sides zerg. Better yet, if you have enough people, instead of 4-6 slowing them down have an 8-10 man team successfully defending a point against a zerg, and that CAN be done.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• nerbonnerbon Member Posts: 28
    with my thief i would burst at least one of them in no time...
    or this zerg is a fake..or the got like 0 burst warriors or thiefs
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    @nerbon

That chance is called "glitchy culling"

There was no culling involved in this case.