Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Oceania Kickstarter Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Looking for another sandbox MMO title to help fund? Got a hole burning in your pocket and nowhere to spend? Check out the latest MMO on Kickstarter. Called Oceania, the new title where players can create their own realms and gear. Check it out on Kickstarter!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ViktormonViktormon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Let the females have more clothes than that, and we'll have a deal.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

They say the game is mostly done, but suddenly need 100k and have nothing to really show off gameplay-wise?  100k will get them nowhere near where I'd want an mmo to be that I invest money into.  For all I may/maynot get for my 35 bucks with pathfinder, I would get very little from this game, just a copy of it, and with 1/10th the budget, that's not worth very much.

65 bucks for a couple months subscription?  For a 100k game? For real?

I thank mmorpg.com for bringing this to our attention and hope they continue to do so, hopefully with more appealing projects, but this game is an absolute pass at this point.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    The prices seem poorly balanced for some (most) of the items.

Hi

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Looks really laggy and slow moving, but I like the graphic style. Learned a long time ago that kickstarter is just bad in general, but this has more promise than a lot of things on kickstarter *cough* Greed Monger *cough cough*

I won't be donating, but it is worth keeping an eye on it, thanks for the heads up

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I am backing this game just because the idea is very unique and the world looks quite beautiful in the two videos I've seen. Plus it looks almost done anyways (the 100k is just to finish it up and add the finishing touches).

Smile

• neutrinoideneutrinoide Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Nice framerate.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Bzzzzt, just reading the following paragraph immediately tells me these developers don't get it:

The PvP combat system outside the arena is open, meaning that anyone can attack and, likewise, to be attacked by almost any player. There are also safe zones, which include cities and small areas around teleports. In such areas, you won’t able to attack another player and, in turn, will be safe yourself. But the world is changing so fast...

Open pvp anywhere does not work well if at all.  Developers who devise such in their games have no clue how people play these games at all.  Sure there is a very small minority of players who will play this type of game, yet we see more and more of these sandbox games coming out of the woodwork with this feature.   You are facing a very limited demographic developers.   Why would you limit your playerbase so?  

Funding games like this just sends the wrong message.  I highly recommend you do not waste your money on this kickstarter.  We should not be funding clueless developers.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Bzzzzt, just reading the following paragraph immediately tells me these developers don't get it:

The PvP combat system outside the arena is open, meaning that anyone can attack and, likewise, to be attacked by almost any player. There are also safe zones, which include cities and small areas around teleports. In such areas, you won’t able to attack another player and, in turn, will be safe yourself. But the world is changing so fast...

Open pvp anywhere does not work well if at all.  Developers who devise such in their games have no clue how people play these games at all.  Sure there is a very small minority of players who will play this type of game, yet we see more and more of these sandbox games coming out of the woodwork with this feature.   You are facing a very limited demographic developers.   Why would you limit your playerbase so?  

Funding games like this just sends the wrong message.  I highly recommend you do not waste your money on this kickstarter.  We should not be funding clueless developers.

People who like the system will support it.  people who do not like it won't.  if enough people do, it will succeed.  If not, it will fail.

It's very simple and believe me, other people are just as capable as you are at understanding what they are supporting (or not supporting).

Personally I won't pledge just because I blew a wad on Pathfinder (and the game honestly doesn;t look that great), but as long as the developer is HONEST people should support whatever projects they like.  They simply should not support shady developers who have proven patterns of lying.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bjwimerbjwimer Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Or Give them money because this IS what some gamers want.  Just because the game isn't designed to your specs doesn't mean the devs are "clueless"