Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Formulate your own opinion of the game

This game isn't for everyone.

Don't let these boobs here discourage you.

Every game has it's problems.

Go read the Planetside 2 forum.

Go read the Heroes and Generals forum.

Yes, DOC can be a douche most of the time.

It is free to play.

That is all

Comments

• MosqMosq Member Posts: 67

Word.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The problem most of us "haters" have is the SAME problems have existed for years and CRS refuses to acknowledge or fix it.  

This is why I currently play PS2.  

This is why I quit flying in WWIIOL, and flew Targetwares Target Tobruk more often.

So much crap, so little quality.

• argelargel Member Posts: 34

If I had time I'd come back. Played through last summer and had a great deal of fun. 

The biggest thing is that many people can actually enjoy the game on it's current merits regardless of any long-term desire for updates, bugfixes etc. It's far from perfect, but it actually does do the job it says on the tin. It looks like something my gran coded but if you like a game that involves thinking, working together etc then nothing really beats it.

I also find that a lot of people talk about bugs and say things like 'I got killed by a shot that killed my tiger/sherman and that would be impossible in real life'. That stuff really irks me because first of all, there's no 100% way of knowing exactly what damage is done in game, and secondly - most importantly - how many men in WWII died thinking they were quite safe from their opponent? My bet is a hell of a lot, and in that sense, WWIIOL is actually a better 'simulator' than lots of people give credit for, the only difference is that everyone who died in WWII didn't have some forum to run off to and chat crap about how it is physically impossible to do this that and the other.

The game is good and if you can suspend your disbelief a little, is as close as many people will get to having an approximation of what it was like in WWII. There's nothing else like it, no matter whether it was better in the past or not. I don't give a shiny lump of catshit whether people hate or love the game, but I think the playerbase who enjoy it don't deserve to be collateral damage due to negative press incurred by the developers.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

There's nothing else like it, no matter whether it was better in the past or not

Exactly, thats why I hope people try it.

No other game in it's genre( kind, category, or sort) like it.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    These type of posts are great and all but if I was a "new" potential customer looking for a new game to play I would shy away because of the continued posts like these.  Its great to hype / promote the game....its entirely a different thing to make it look like desperation.
    Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Thanks for the advice

You know what I find pretty funny is you played almost every night this year..LOL

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by pittpete

There's nothing else like it, no matter whether it was better in the past or not

Exactly, thats why I hope people try it.

No other game in it's genre( kind, category, or sort) like it.

There in lies the problem with this game (and gaming in general). We're forced to convince ourselves to look the other way with subpar quality just because there isn't anything else on the market.

In the end I agree. If you're interested in the game (or any game, for that matter) try it out for yourself. In this case there's free-to-play and it's actually a lot more playable than your typical "F2P" deal.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

Say that to Planetside 1 and 2 pete....same genre....with more people playing it.

I'd think wwiionline would be good if it had more than 20 people on it in my timezone, it's hardly a mmo anymore if it's lost its "massively" in the MMO.

Planetside is a sci-fi shooter FPS

WWII Online is a WWII based simulation FPS

Two different animals

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Hmmm....Defo two different beasts. I mean there is plenty of people that would play farmville but not an agricultural sim.

Thats my opinion.
  • AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

Two different animals

Maybe....but both are FPS MMOS where they both offer "massive battles" .well atleast one delievers

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Oh yes, but one is a WWII simulation and one is Sci-Fi fiction.

Farmville has more players than planetside?

Originally posted by Abyssuss

Two different animals

Maybe....but both are FPS MMOS where they both offer "massive battles" .well atleast one delievers

LOL abyssuss, ya got me there bud....