Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played AA OBT for around 10 days

2»

Comments

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Thanks for the review. I really hope housing is limited. Im tired of everyone getting everything in games. Maybe there should be just a few people with housing. Maybe just a few people with the best the game has to offer. I hate the days we live in when everyone gets everything.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    you make it sound horrible. 

And this is the scond tester we've heard from who said the same thing.... First one was less descriptive.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Hm, sounds like the hype train might come to a grinding halt as more and more people actually get to try the game.

why do you say that?

I have not played it yet but i was alweays expecting a mix of a themepark game with elements of a sandbox game.. and from what i can see thats what they have got..

I never really got too hyped up about it really but I am interested and might even give the korean one a go..

Sounds like waay more themepark elements than sandbox. 

Originally posted by DMKano
    I say that because a lot of people have had this image of AA as The Sandbox Game and The Saviour of MMO gaming, and since the game seems to be basically a linear themepark with limited housing, farming and ships on the side, they're bound to disappointed.

The hype have been growing steadily for years and that usually means a lot of bitterness and QQ when the game fails to meet some people's totally unrealistic expectations.

The game is still in development, once all the maps and final content is released, we should judge it at that point.

In its current state IMO, it is still the top game on the market as far as what freedom of choice and options it offers.

Name one other game when it was beta that comes close to what Archeage beta offers.

What freedom?  You either quest hub to quest hub or gather for XP up to level cap, or this is what's been said. Are there other ways to progress you toon?

Age of Wushu, the beta is more of a complete game than the last 4 AAA releases.

edit - again I'm sure I'll try the game, I'm a gamer, but the info that's been coming out this beta is very concerning. Who know they could be lies or exaggerations.

• xBarachielxxBarachielx Member Posts: 15
    Well... Time to sell the gamng rig and buy a tablet.
  • SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by DMKano
    I say that because a lot of people have had this image of AA as The Sandbox Game and The Saviour of MMO gaming, and since the game seems to be basically a linear themepark with limited housing, farming and ships on the side, they're bound to disappointed.

The hype have been growing steadily for years and that usually means a lot of bitterness and QQ when the game fails to meet some people's totally unrealistic expectations.

The game is still in development, once all the maps and final content is released, we should judge it at that point.

In its current state IMO, it is still the top game on the market as far as what freedom of choice and options it offers.

Name one other game when it was beta that comes close to what Archeage beta offers.

What freedom?  You either quest hub to quest hub or gather for XP up to level cap, or this is what's been said. Are there other ways to progress you toon?

Age of Wushu, the beta is more of a complete game than the last 4 AAA releases.

edit - again I'm sure I'll try the game, I'm a gamer, but the info that's been coming out this beta is very concerning. Who know they could be lies or exaggerations.

you do have more freedom when it comes to leveling. there is; exploration, crafting, mining, farming and more...
    even your interaction with the auction house gives you exp. also, when he mentioned freedom, i'm sure he didn't only mean leveling, but instead the entire game.

archeages freedom applies to many things in the game. the ability to create your own unique class, traveling in the world of archeage(land or sea) without loading screens that would break your immersion, tons of features that surpass the typical options a themepark offers with the usual instances or battlegrounds and of course there is more...

you see, archeage does offer freedom, like "Biskop" mentioned. also, most of archeages features are accessible at low level, there is no need to be max for them.

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Originally posted by vzerov

Pros:

Good graphic

Free(kind of) pvp system

Huge ocean area which you can actually do something on it (sea battle)

Non instanced player housing, although there is little you can do with the house and its only limited in some area thus every houses or farms squeezs up against each other. Sadly there is no room in the entire server to build another house now, ya I mean it, my guildes and I just checked in the past 2 days, you need less than 2 hours to check all the residential area avalible for each side (east or west, you belong to one of them) in the entire world.

Just false.... there are tons of places to build homes. There are places marked near cities and certain towns and there are hidden area's you can build as well, they just have to be found. Also the third continent you can build just aobut anywhere. There are plenty of things you can do with your home, you just don't seem to know how to. Probably because the game is in Korean.

Cons:

Little content, only 1 small map for each level range, you follow the main road do some quests then move to the next map,and you are still on the same road, its like watching a highway movie. Most linear map in any MMO ive ever played.Top level players run around everywhere in like 5 days. There are 1/3 maps not released yet though. I believe the third map wont be so linear since it will be all top level zones.

Little content? Seriously did you even play this game? Yes there is a main story arc you can go through, but by no means is it forcing you to do that. There are plenty of area's  you can go to and level up for each level range. This is themepark mentality at its finest

About the map size: there are 3 continent, 2 are released (west and east), you will be mainly playing on one of them depends on which side you blong, each continent belongs to a faction. Around  8 to 10 maps on each continent , if you are riding a horse, which has speed of 9m/s (officially listed in the horse stats window in game), you need about 7 to 15 mins to cross 1 map.

You only play on one continent if you are themepark at the core and never get off the rails. 

Extremly simplified resource production system, no matter what resource you want to produce, it takes only 3 steps.

a. Plant the seed( different seed for different resource, eg: seeds for flowers, little pigs for pigs, no difference except the names and graphics), seeds for all resources can be bought from npc vendors.

b. Decide if you are willing to use a specific item ( water for plant, beans for ducks, etc) to reduce the time needed by 10%,then wait.

c. Pick up the item.

Still better than 90% of other MMO's out there with there resource/crafting systems. 

You need a big enough guild to play the game, and you need to stick with your guildies or friends all the time at higher levels ( I mean all the time, all) basically there is no 1v1, zergs swarming around at high level map  (you cant pvp in low level maps), maybe its because there are too many players and the maps are too small, but its impossible for you to live past 5 mins if you walk there alone, even at 6 am korea time on monday. Remember the game is just in the second week of its OB and not even released yet.

Also false. Me and a buddy explored every inch of the 3rd continent that was available and both faction continents as well extensively. You can PvP in lower area's its just restricted to Faction v Faction. It opens up later on in the higher area's where you can "outlaw" and kill. 

If your going to review a game, at least review it with factual information instead of spouting off at the mouth. I'm curious to know what level you even got too in the beta. 

Lol, seriousily you just simply say false this faulse that but you didnt notice that you couldnt state a proper reason to prove your words.... and it looks like you didnt read what I was writing.

For example.. what does the first "false" in your reply even mean? I said you can only build in restricted area and its true, and I also said by the time i wrote that there is no place for another house, since you didnt know which server i play at how did you know its false?

FYI, one can rush to level 50 which is the level cap right now in less than 3 days, and since you can't build castle or claim zones yet in this game, let alone siege,  there is not much you can do after capped, I didnt rush my level but there are several 50 players in my guild, and what they do mustly now( Yes i payed for 1 month, so save it if you think I am a hater)  is roaming around in a grp trying to find opposite faction players to kill, maybe you should tell them what to do since you seem to be the few really know the right way to play this game.

By the way, you cant pvp in low level zones, you can go to the low level zone in another faction's continents ofcourse, but you cant attack them there, all you can do is let them attack you first and get killed or, if for some reason they are that dumb which is almost not possible... get attacked first by normaly several players then kill them all like a raid boss.

If you want to tell everyone how amazing Archage is, just do it. If there is really anything wrong in my post, just point it out, but stop puking the word false randomly without providing any evidence but your own opinion.

• SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26

Pros:

Good graphic

Free(kind of) pvp system

Huge ocean area which you can actually do something on it (sea battle)

Non instanced player housing, although there is little you can do with the house and its only limited in some area thus every houses or farms squeezs up against each other. Sadly there is no room in the entire server to build another house now, ya I mean it, my guildes and I just checked in the past 2 days, you need less than 2 hours to check all the residential area avalible for each side (east or west, you belong to one of them) in the entire world.

Just false.... there are tons of places to build homes. There are places marked near cities and certain towns and there are hidden area's you can build as well, they just have to be found. Also the third continent you can build just aobut anywhere. There are plenty of things you can do with your home, you just don't seem to know how to. Probably because the game is in Korean.

Cons:

Little content, only 1 small map for each level range, you follow the main road do some quests then move to the next map,and you are still on the same road, its like watching a highway movie. Most linear map in any MMO ive ever played.Top level players run around everywhere in like 5 days. There are 1/3 maps not released yet though. I believe the third map wont be so linear since it will be all top level zones.

Little content? Seriously did you even play this game? Yes there is a main story arc you can go through, but by no means is it forcing you to do that. There are plenty of area's  you can go to and level up for each level range. This is themepark mentality at its finest

About the map size: there are 3 continent, 2 are released (west and east), you will be mainly playing on one of them depends on which side you blong, each continent belongs to a faction. Around  8 to 10 maps on each continent , if you are riding a horse, which has speed of 9m/s (officially listed in the horse stats window in game), you need about 7 to 15 mins to cross 1 map.

You only play on one continent if you are themepark at the core and never get off the rails. 

Extremly simplified resource production system, no matter what resource you want to produce, it takes only 3 steps.

a. Plant the seed( different seed for different resource, eg: seeds for flowers, little pigs for pigs, no difference except the names and graphics), seeds for all resources can be bought from npc vendors.

b. Decide if you are willing to use a specific item ( water for plant, beans for ducks, etc) to reduce the time needed by 10%,then wait.

c. Pick up the item.

Still better than 90% of other MMO's out there with there resource/crafting systems. 

You need a big enough guild to play the game, and you need to stick with your guildies or friends all the time at higher levels ( I mean all the time, all) basically there is no 1v1, zergs swarming around at high level map  (you cant pvp in low level maps), maybe its because there are too many players and the maps are too small, but its impossible for you to live past 5 mins if you walk there alone, even at 6 am korea time on monday. Remember the game is just in the second week of its OB and not even released yet.

Also false. Me and a buddy explored every inch of the 3rd continent that was available and both faction continents as well extensively. You can PvP in lower area's its just restricted to Faction v Faction. It opens up later on in the higher area's where you can "outlaw" and kill. 

If your going to review a game, at least review it with factual information instead of spouting off at the mouth. I'm curious to know what level you even got too in the beta. 

Lol, seriousily you just simply say false this faulse that but you didnt notice that you couldnt state a proper reason to prove your words.... and it looks like you didnt read what I was writing.

For example.. what does the first "false" in your reply even mean? I said you can only build in restricted area and its true, and I also said by the time i wrote that there is no place for another house, since you didnt know which server i play at how did you know its false?

FYI, one can rush to level 50 which is the level cap right now in less than 3 days, and since you can't build castle or claim zones yet in this game, let alone siege,  there is not much you can do after capped, I didnt rush my level but there are several 50 players in my guild, and what they do mustly now( Yes i payed for 1 month, so save it if you think I am a hater)  is roaming around in a grp trying to find opposite faction players to kill, maybe you should tell them what to do since you seem to be the few really know the right way to play this game.

By the way, you cant pvp in low level zones, you can go to the low level zone in another faction's continents ofcourse, but you cant attack them there, all you can do is let them attack you first and get killed or, if for some reason they are that dumb which is almost not possible... get attacked first by normaly several players then kill them all like a raid boss.

If you want to tell everyone how amazing Archage is, just do it. If there is really anything wrong in my post, just point it out, but stop puking the word false randomly without providing any evidence but your own opinion.

actually, yes you can. it's already possible to claim zones, in fact, the russian guild "rise" on server 9 was one of the first.

a list of all servers with their claimed zones. http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2626&l=390

hard to believe with the options archeage offers. check out this thread(1st page) and the link to the article. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/374673/ArcheAge-What-To-Expect-At-Release.html

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Sygris

Originally posted by vzerov Pros: Good graphic Free(kind of) pvp system Huge ocean area which you can actually do something on it (sea battle) Non instanced player housing, although there is little you can do with the house and its only limited in some area thus every houses or farms squeezs up against each other. Sadly there is no room in the entire server to build another house now, ya I mean it, my guildes and I just checked in the past 2 days, you need less than 2 hours to check all the residential area avalible for each side (east or west, you belong to one of them) in the entire world.  Just false.... there are tons of places to build homes. There are places marked near cities and certain towns and there are hidden area's you can build as well, they just have to be found. Also the third continent you can build just aobut anywhere. There are plenty of things you can do with your home, you just don't seem to know how to. Probably because the game is in Korean. Cons: 1. Little content, only 1 small map for each level range, you follow the main road do some quests then move to the next map,and you are still on the same road, its like watching a highway movie. Most linear map in any MMO ive ever played.Top level players run around everywhere in like 5 days. There are 1/3 maps not released yet though. I believe the third map wont be so linear since it will be all top level zones. Little content? Seriously did you even play this game? Yes there is a main story arc you can go through, but by no means is it forcing you to do that. There are plenty of area's  you can go to and level up for each level range. This is themepark mentality at its finest About the map size: there are 3 continent, 2 are released (west and east), you will be mainly playing on one of them depends on which side you blong, each continent belongs to a faction. Around  8 to 10 maps on each continent , if you are riding a horse, which has speed of 9m/s (officially listed in the horse stats window in game), you need about 7 to 15 mins to cross 1 map. You only play on one continent if you are themepark at the core and never get off the rails.  2. Extremly simplified resource production system, no matter what resource you want to produce, it takes only 3 steps.    a. Plant the seed( different seed for different resource, eg: seeds for flowers, little pigs for pigs, no difference except the names and graphics), seeds for all resources can be bought from npc vendors.    b. Decide if you are willing to use a specific item ( water for plant, beans for ducks, etc) to reduce the time needed by 10%,then wait.    c. Pick up the item. Still better than 90% of other MMO's out there with there resource/crafting systems.  3. You need a big enough guild to play the game, and you need to stick with your guildies or friends all the time at higher levels ( I mean all the time, all) basically there is no 1v1, zergs swarming around at high level map  (you cant pvp in low level maps), maybe its because there are too many players and the maps are too small, but its impossible for you to live past 5 mins if you walk there alone, even at 6 am korea time on monday. Remember the game is just in the second week of its OB and not even released yet. Also false. Me and a buddy explored every inch of the 3rd continent that was available and both faction continents as well extensively. You can PvP in lower area's its just restricted to Faction v Faction. It opens up later on in the higher area's where you can "outlaw" and kill.       
    Lol, seriousily you just simply say false this faulse that but you didnt notice that you couldnt state a proper reason to prove your words.... and it looks like you didnt read what I was writing. For example.. what does the first "false" in your reply even mean? I said you can only build in restricted area and its true, and I also said by the time i wrote that there is no place for another house, since you didnt know which server i play at how did you know its false? FYI, one can rush to level 50 which is the level cap right now in less than 3 days, and since you can't build castle or claim zones yet in this game, let alone siege,  there is not much you can do after capped, I didnt rush my level but there are several 50 players in my guild, and what they do mustly now( Yes i payed for 1 month, so save it if you think I am a hater)  is roaming around in a grp trying to find opposite faction players to kill, maybe you should tell them what to do since you seem to be the few really know the right way to play this game. By the way, you cant pvp in low level zones, you can go to the low level zone in another faction's continents ofcourse, but you cant attack them there, all you can do is let them attack you first and get killed or, if for some reason they are that dumb which is almost not possible... get attacked first by normaly several players then kill them all like a raid boss. If you want to tell everyone how amazing Archage is, just do it. If there is really anything wrong in my post, just point it out, but stop puking the word false randomly without providing any evidence but your own opinion.
    actually, yes you can. it's already possible to claim zones, in fact, the russian guild "rise" on server 9 was one of the first.

a list of all servers with their claimed zones. http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2626&l=390

hard to believe with the options archeage offers. check out this thread(1st page) and the link to the article. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/374673/ArcheAge-What-To-Expect-At-Release.html

Not only that but during OB the lvl cap was lvl 40, so I really don't know how the OP had so many lvl 50's in his guild.

The lvl cap was raised on Jan.16th, and even now there are hardly any lvl 50's in the game atm. I mean yes there are the hardcore lvl 50 koreans, but the normal playerbase is around lvl 35. Because of this there are not many clans that are able to claim territory, so there are tons of free land available atm.

If the OP really is lvl 50 along with his guildmates, why don't they start farming(to build up your resources to claim land), camp world bosses, become pirates, ect !

• EdelbertEdelbert Member Posts: 67

Quick question: What do you mean by "you can't pvp in lowlevel zones"?

Does that mean pvp is disabled in lowlevel zones? I thought there was going to be pvp everywhere except in villages and camps and that they had penalties for killing lowlevel players?

Isn't it similar to Lineage II?

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Edelbert
    Quick question: What do you mean by "you can't pvp in lowlevel zones"?

Does that mean pvp is disabled in lowlevel zones? I thought there was going to be pvp everywhere except in villages and camps and that they had penalties for killing lowlevel players?

Isn't it similar to Lineage II?

OP is talking about going "Outlaw/Criminal" mode. You can't do that in regions that are lvl 20 and under. Going outlaw means killing/stealing from players of your own faction/clan.

In the zones that are lvl 20 and above, once your are flagged you can kill anyone everywhere (except cities, i think). Murdering people or stealing stuff however will make you a criminal and you will probably go to prison. Also you can only loot from players who carry a bundle or backpack.

Now players from enemy factions and clans are free to kill at any lvl. But killing low lvl players of enemy factions is considered low by Koreans, so it usually brings out the masses..lol

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Originally posted by Daxamar
    Thanks for the review. I really hope housing is limited. Im tired of everyone getting everything in games. Maybe there should be just a few people with housing. Maybe just a few people with the best the game has to offer. I hate the days we live in when everyone gets everything.

....Ew....Screw any game that gates most people out of content.