Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jay Wilson Quits - Some thoughts

SibcoeSibcoe Member UncommonPosts: 61
hey guys - I posted up a video about this over on the RTG Community Channel, check it out for some additional thoughts on the topic:

Jay Wilson Quits D3

it's fairly short form, no need to summarize.  Enjoy.  

Cheers 0/

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    This is the best news I have heard in the ARPG genre in a while. Too bad it didn't happen 7 years ago.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    It's about goddamn time! I'm so happy to hear of this idiot leaving.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Yeah the lemmings who ride the hate train can all high five eachother now and find a new focal point for hating a game that wasnt made in the exact image they had hoped for.

im sure every single one of them would have been back with money in hand for the D3 expansion, with or without this guy running the show.

i was never hanging on the idea that D2 was going to be compley copied in every way and dumped into a modern looking world, so i didnt go through the life changing event of having a game turn out diffrent than i had hoped. Yeah it wasnt very good at launch for endgame play though, thats been fixed however so im playing it a lot more, even while playing POE (aside from its passive tree which isnt as complicated as it looks, and its look, the game isnt that good)

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    He didn't quit, he moved to a new project, big difference.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Jay Wilson was just a front man.. I wish people would realise this. Others were, and still are, pulling the strings. Stop hating on a guy who took a decent job and saw it through... and helped make the company he worked for millions upon millions in cash. There was no tirckery involved, full info was displayed everywhere and a demo was in from the start. Everyone who played D3 got their money's worth compared to most of todays standards. Many consumers 'made' money from it in less than a week.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    The commentary from the linked video, I feel is spot on. In the short term, this is very bad for the game. It's going to delay any development going on right now, and we will most likely not see any major changes for awhile now.

If anything, this will be Blizzard's excuse to not really change anything for awhile, and push any and all major changes to an expansion pack. Sure some changes will have to be made for "free" to allow for continuity between xpack and non-xpack owners, but I am willing to bet that we'll have to pay for any of the really good stuff.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Vannor

Jay Wilson was just a front man.. I wish people would realise this. Others were, and still are, pulling the strings. Stop hating on a guy who took a decent job and saw it through... and helped make the company he worked for millions upon millions in cash. There was no tirckery involved, full info was displayed everywhere and a demo was in from the start. Everyone who played D3 got their money's worth compared to most of todays standards. Many consumers 'made' money from it in less than a week.

He is the man in charge of what happened. Don't get me wrong, he didn't do ALL the bad choices on his own, there are others who likely pushed it though ultimately he was the one that decided on the direction of the game and made it the way it was.
  • BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    You're going to be surprised how little difference this makes to D3.

This is unfortunately true, that Skilling quit didnt fix anything either :)

Flame on!

:)

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    You're going to be surprised how little difference this makes to D3.

It won't, because Jay Wilson designed the game so terribly, that there is no way to recover. They would have to start from the ground up to fix Diablo3 and we all know that isn't going to happen.

I'm not going to sit here and point all the fingers at Jay Wilson, but when a ship hits an iceburg you blame the captain. There is plenty of proof showing this guys arrogance and stupidity and his blatent disregard of the fanbases criticism. It pains me to think that he is working on another title to be released by Blizzard. Nothing good will come of hiring this guy for anything.