Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My thoughts on the SWTOR controversy... there isn't one.

DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150

Okay so people have been asking for the options to play their character anyway they want. SWTOR is actually adding it but since they can't go back and change all their previous content, they are adding it in on a new planet in their expansion. Why is this a problem? Why is this different from any other content update in any other game? 

If everyone in the world could just... you know... try a little introspection instead of judging everyone around them... that would be awesome. Or don't, whatever floats your boat. 

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

They'll be naming the new planet Planet Bland, I presume?  How can a company take a fast-paced, exciting genre like Star Wars and come up with a bland, plodding game like SWtOR?  I doubt the expansion will tempt me back.

I like how you judge everyone, by the way, while advising people not to do that!... If everyone in the world could just... you know... try a little introspection instead of judging everyone around them...  :D

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by Dhaenon
    Okay so people have been asking for the options to play their character anyway they want. SWTOR is actually adding it but since they can't go back and change all their previous content, they are adding it in on a new planet in their expansion. Why is this a problem? Why is this different from any other content update in any other game? 

If everyone in the world could just... you know... try a little introspection instead of judging everyone around them... that would be awesome. Or don't, whatever floats your boat. 

Why can't they go back and "change" the content?
    The dialogues in question are not gender specific nor address or imply and gender. "My Love" works both ways. All they had to do is to remove the script check to gender.

No need to make new sounds, new dialogues - nothing.

Adding it only in makeb with said claims is an insult to every thinking player.
    But anyone who realized is long gone from all the lies and false promises. Anyway i don't see why any Same gender people should thank them for something they didn't ask for, and nothing done for what they asked for [companions].

"Thanks for "removing" a script check in new content where we didn't ask for?"
    EAware is full of genious.

And the others? Those who complain about choices they will never see, or hear of because they don't take them? Since when do such people have anything to contribute so one should worry about those.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    No one is actually playing it to get angry over anything any more. Just a load of people jumping on a band wagon of hate for no reason other than they can.
This discussion has been closed.