Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do they wait to the last second to let us download the client?

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
I swear this is silly, waiting till the last minute to let us download the client bottleknecking the entire userbase.  Hope it opens up sometime soon, like TODAY.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    It was not last minute, I received my invite 3 days before the event.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by inmysights
    It was not last minute, I received my invite 3 days before the event.

You've already recieved your invite for thsi weekends beta test?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    I swear this is silly, waiting till the last minute to let us download the client bottleknecking the entire userbase.  Hope it opens up sometime soon, like TODAY.

Maybe they are still working on the version for this weekend and don't want people to have to download it more than once? Or maybe they want to test how robust their client DL server is?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• DezzickDezzick Member Posts: 3
    I haven't received a download client yet. Applied my code yesterday. 
  • AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I got the email with client download on two different accounts :x
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Downloaded and updated. Then again I had a crash test beta invite last week.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • saylorxisaylorxi Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I was in crash test last week too, so i'm downloaded and updated also, so I can't guarantee this will work for you. Log into your Trion Account and under Manage Games, Select Defiance Beta. You may have a download option in there.
  • MJH112MJH112 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I applied the beta code sucessfully on the 15th never recieved and email. I did get the patcher from the other thread but says I dont have access. Maybe the beta code I got from mmorpg was for a beta event other than this weekend?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I've had the client downloaded for weeks, patched it throughout this week etc.

Not sure that is last second though.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

The patcher only works after you've been officially invited into beta and accepted the EULA & NDA.

Also they're sending those invites in waves, supposedly to keep the stress to the login & download servers at bay. That's why some get it earlier and some later.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    I still haven't gotten my download link for the client.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

it is still two days away......RELAX

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by oubers

it is still two days away......RELAX

I thought it started on the 18th?

Anyway, I have terrible internet. That's why I like to get a head start on these things whenever possible. And no, I have no choice when it comes to ISP. As soon as I do I'll be kicking AT&T to the curb.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

Yep:

The beta event is scheduled to start 8:00 AM PST on 1/18 and run through the weekend, ending at 9:00 PM PST on 1/20.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Ok I take it back. They are fail. No email with a download link.  No sign of a download link on the official page. Yes my account is showing I successfully applied a key for this weekend's beta event. I thought Trion's main selling point was "polish." This event is pretty far from polished.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

I received email link 1 hour back - I had to accept NDA and only then the download works

Doesnt matter if u get teh download link from somewhere else it wont start downloading till the NDA is signed.

• MJH112MJH112 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    finally got my link about 10mins ago in an email i had to translate from german.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by MJH112
    finally got my link about 10mins ago in an email i had to translate from german.

Yeah, I just got mine too, at 6.27 GMT..... and it was in german. 

No idea how or why they decided that I am german.... lol. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom