Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I'm working all day on the computer. My wife comes in...

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

So I'm working all day on the computer (coding). I wanted to take a 15 second break to load up my game and check the Auction House. This is when my wife decided to pop her head in my office to check how I was doing.

Argh. Probably thinking that I've been playing for hours. Anyone else have perfect timing, too?

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Please explain fixing computer time DOES NOT = MMO TIME.  Put her on here, and will explain it to her !
  • delimeat567delimeat567 Member Posts: 56

When I was a kid I had these detector things that had a central response unit in my room (cost like $15). When anything went by them, they sent a signal and started beeping in my room. Never got caught playing video games when I shouldn't have :P

Although the dog did trigger them quite often....

Played: SWG, SWG:NGE, EQ2, Vanguard, LotRO, WoW, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Mortal Online, Rift, Guild Wars, Fallen Earth, EVE Online, Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, World of Tanks, Aion, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Maybe the game made different sounds from your working on the computer, and the sounds are what led her to check right then?
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    same with me. all of my friends at college think i'm a total slacker since i like to do my work in private and boot up games when people are around. none of them understands how i get such good grades without appearing to do any work. i think it's hilarious. :)
  • jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Not MMO related, but that sort of thing happens to me at work all the time. I could bust my butt for 3 hours straight, getting all kinds of stuff done. The very SECOND I decide to sit down for a 2 minute breather is the exact time by boss rolls by.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Constantly.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    there are worse things you could get caught doing

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by delimeat567

When I was a kid I had these detector things that had a central response unit in my room (cost like $15). When anything went by them, they sent a signal and started beeping in my room. Never got caught playing video games when I shouldn't have :P

Well, here I was thinking Alt + Tab was the smartest thing ever and could endlessly fool my parents as a kid. 

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

This right here ^

Stay away from the cookie jar kids

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by tommy-xx
    Originally posted by delimeat567

Well, here I was thinking Alt + Tab was the smartest thing ever and could endlessly fool my parents as a kid. 

Yes. But if someone comes in while the screen is in transition, it looks fishy!

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

All the time. I run Let's Plays through a headset while I'm modeling at work. Usually it's just nice to have the white noise, especially so when I find th LP'er funny. Occasionally after doing nothing but cranking out models, I take a short breather and watch the video for a bit. It's always that moment when my bosses come in to see how it's all going.

Same when something isn't working as it should, no matter how much you try. So you ask someone, they come over to check things out, and when you repeat the exact same thing you were trying, it then mysteriously works perfectly.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

this site needs a thumbs up option.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

My cat has become very judgemental about my gaming.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

So I'm working all day on the computer (coding). I wanted to take a 15 second break to load up my game and check the Auction House. This is when my wife decided to pop her head in my office to check how I was doing.

Argh. Probably thinking that I've been playing for hours. Anyone else have perfect timing, too?

Happened to me all the time. However, she knows i am multitasking .. alt-tabbing between work and D3 auction, or what-not all the time.

Plus, if i bring home the bacon, she has nothing to complain about :P

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Haha, yeah, I had the same thing often.

Of course, sometimes it was true. But it's irritating if it clearly isn't and you're still blamed for playing games when you shouldn't.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• KingslyleeeKingslyleee Member Posts: 7
    Explain to your wife.Communicate more...
  • rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Member Posts: 80
    Same situtation... i was working for hours when i decided to take a break and watch something from youtube when my boss surprisingly look at my computer to check what im doing! ugh! I GOT A MEMO (warning)...