Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA is Beautiful

ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55
Just sharing an awesome fan made video.

This is what TERA looks like:

http://youtu.be/oF8aNEWsm1w

Comments

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Wish i could play it on higher settings :P sadly my cu and gpu dont work that well with TERA so i have to put everything down to have enough fps for pvp etc.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I've got a small collection of my best screenshots I won't pass down the opportunity to post. 

Edit: Well since this forum is annoying, i'll just link the album.

http://imgur.com/a/oPaZu#0

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by Ardu
    Just sharing an awesome fan made video, this is what TERA looks like.

eh I don't know how to embed the video on here.

This is how you at least link vids here.

Anyway enjoyed the vid and I really do enjoy seeing creative vids people make from games. Reminds me of this GW2 one, minus the stopmotion. Well I can't wait to try out TERA again. Enjoyed it before but didn't think it was worth the sub fee. So next month I've be diving back in and with my new PC that should be able to max it out.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I cant play Tera for more than an hour.  After looking at giggely boobs and scantly clad women for an hour, I have to go find the wife and head to the rumpus room.

It is a very beautiful game and that is a great video.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Talonsin

I cant play Tera for more than an hour.  After looking at giggely boobs and scantly clad women for an hour, I have to go find the wife and head to the rumpus room.

This.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice video and Tera really is beautiful.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Master10K
    Originally posted by Ardu
    Just sharing an awesome fan made video, this is what TERA looks like.

eh I don't know how to embed the video on here.

This is how you at least link vids here.

Anyway enjoyed the vid and I really do enjoy seeing creative vids people make from games. Reminds me of this GW2 one, minus the stopmotion. Well I can't wait to try out TERA again. Enjoyed it before but didn't think it was worth the sub fee. So next month I've be diving back in and with my new PC that should be able to max it out.

Really? couldnt pass up an oppertunity to plug GW2? Sad...

• TorgirTorgir Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I've got a small collection of my best screenshots I won't pass down the opportunity to post. 

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous! I see you have an eye for screenography. ;)

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Torgir
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous! I see you have an eye for screenography. ;)

Haha thanks, currently there's a draw distance bug that's causing problems rendering the landscape infinitely like it used to in TERA but Brian Knox said that's apparently getting fixed when it goes F2P so to celebrate i'm going to go mountain climbing and try to get some truly amazing shots. ^-^

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Yeah, I had a great time in this game. I played for 2 months after release. I actually stopped because of RL stuff, and because I got sucked into SWTOR. I don't know if I have time for two MMO's, but this is deffinetly a good game. I might just re-install it just in case I feel like playing again.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265

korean game = beautiful character designs, super creative abilities and armor and enviorments, even ftp games are nice

western game = bland shitty ass designs and boring ugly characters

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by ricefarmer

korean game = beautiful character designs, super creative abilities and armor and enviorments, even ftp games are nice

I agree. And, in the western games, it doesn't have to be over the top or highly stylized like the eastern games. But they always seem so bland.

You can tell the eastern designers just love their characters. From how they make the hair seem like hair to the fine details of the faces.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

I dunno, its a toss up between GW2 and Tera for me.  Both are great games, I wish they would have sex and pop out a lovechild.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Deffinetly looks awesome, Always have wanted to try out Tera and i would do so now if i was not completely addicted to darkfall.
  • BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    This is true. Too bad Brian Knox censored the Elins.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    sad Tera is optimised like shit. Not saying its impossible to have high fps, but if you want to play tera on the same fps as other mmo's .. you did better take the same graphical quality you use at the other games and divide that by 4
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by ricefarmer

I agree. And, in the western games, it doesn't have to be over the top or highly stylized like the eastern games. But they always seem so bland.

You can tell the eastern designers just love their characters. From how they make the hair seem like hair to the fine details of the faces.

Western = homophobes

Eastern =  

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by timeraider
    sad Tera is optimised like shit. Not saying its impossible to have high fps, but if you want to play tera on the same fps as other mmo's .. you did better take the same graphical quality you use at the other games and divide that by 4

What ? Tera runs better then any other  newer MMO for me and i have a rly old machine, I can play with almost anyrging on high and its smooth. GW2 or TSW on the other hand run like total crap for me with more then 3 or 4 players on screen.

Tera uses the Unreal Engine 3 probably the most optimized engine on the market atm so im rly surprised someone is complaining about performance here.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by tet666
    Originally posted by timeraider

What ? Tera runs better then any other  newer MMO for me and i have a rly old machine, I can play with almost anyrging on high and its smooth. GW2 or TSW on the other hand run like total crap for me with more then 3 or 4 players on screen.

Tera uses the Unreal Engine 3 probably the most optimized engine on the market atm so im rly surprised someone is complaining about performance here.

the three six's in your name means you're a demon of false hopes, yes?  cause i so want to play this soooooon n i hates false hopes

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I do recall it being lovely when I played .You guys are tempting me to go back must go check whether I am on euro or US servers.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

It also runs extremely well, especially for a game that pretty. It's actually quite impressive.

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11

Yeah  i think thats mostly cause of the Unreal 3 Engine  its no wonder so many games are using it these days.

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    The performance for settings surprised me.  I have a GTX-260/1.8GB card that is feeling its age.  I get excellent frames on high settings.

I will also agree Tera is one of the most smooth running MMOs out there. People can criticize the bland quests or over-sexualization of the characters but no one should complain about performance. 

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by SpectralHunter
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    The performance for settings surprised me.  I have a GTX-260/1.8GB card that is feeling its age.  I get excellent frames on high settings.

I will also agree Tera is one of the most smooth running MMOs out there. People can criticize the bland quests or over-sexualization of the characters but no one should complain about performance. 

I doubt many People outside of NA would complain about the so called "over-sexualization" of the Characters here in Germany for example we even have commercials all day showing nudes and noone rly notices them anymore^^

The only thing that still seems to crack up people here are the Elins since some people still see them as children somehow.

I personally dont play Elin but not cause i see them as over sexualized children i just dont like how armor looks on them.

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by ter234

I doubt many People outside of NA would complain about the so called "over-sexualization" of the Characters here in Germany for example we even have commercials all day showing nudes and noone rly notices them anymore^^

The only thing that still seems to crack up people here are the Elins since some people still see them as children somehow.

I personally dont play Elin but not cause i see them as over sexualized children i just dont like how armor looks on them.

I agree that I didn't understand why people had such issues with Elin.  I'm a dad with a daughter and I never saw them in that fashion, nor did I think it exploited children.  I suppose I just don't think that way.

Depends.  In many parts of Europe, perhaps people won't see anything wrong with the outfits but the game is being marketed beyond Europe.  But even so, it's oversexualization.  The armor in Tera takes the term "bikini plate" to a whole new level.  When you see armor like that, you have to wonder why the devs made them so (whether or not it violates the sensibilities of where you live).  Once you understand the why, then it's hard to argue that the armor wasn't sexualized.