Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For people who've tried it - is it really that small?

2»

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Zierrity

All I can say is yes, I find the world to be huge, it is divided by zones, but there is no loading between the zones. 

Seriously? No loading zones?

If true, that makes me very happy.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

ArcheAge is big compared to MMO like AOC, EQ2, Rift and many other MMO's but it's not as large as Vanguard, i've played both.

ArcheAge is a bit bigger than WOW with all expansions which is still a large MMO, it's not the sieze of my up and coming name sake but it's big none the less.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by botrytis
    I am not saying I am not looking foward to try the game, I am. I think there is too much hype out and not enough real information. What you get in beta testing may not be what you actually get in the real game, depending on who they use for the publisher.

I don't understand people like you, you are saying that you don't like tab-targetting combat, housing, grinding, PvP, ganking,.. But you still looking forward to play AA. Honestly, Why? Since you clearly don't like any part of it.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Zekiah

All I can say is yes, I find the world to be huge, it is divided by zones, but there is no loading between the zones. 

It's true, their is no loading between zones.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

When considering the size of the world in ArcheAge, you really must consider the SEA mass as well -

because you can explore the oceans with your sailing boat, but also the world UNDER the sea - you can actually scuba-dive and deep-dive under the sea with aquired deep-diving gear.

Let's not forget you can go and search for treasures under the sea and make sea-food farms down there...

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

I have 3 question's, too..

1) When it comes to leveling is it grindy? Or can you quest/craft/etc your way to the top in an efficient amount of time?

2) Are the open pvp regions the max level/end game continent, or is it the whole game?

3) Is it a full loot pvp system where if someone kills you in the open world, they can steal your stuff?

I really am interested in AA, I definitely am ready for a sandpark game finally and I don't mind working for my progress in the sandbox area, I just hope that it doesn't take forever to get to that point in the game.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Valentina

I have 3 question's, too..

1) When it comes to leveling is it grindy? Or can you quest/craft/etc your way to the top in an efficient amount of time?

2) Are the open pvp regions the max level/end game continent, or is it the whole game?

3) Is it a full loot pvp system where if someone kills you in the open world, they can steal your stuff?

I really am interested in AA, I definitely am ready for a sandpark game finally and I don't mind working for my progress in the sandbox area, I just hope that it doesn't take forever to get to that point in the game.

1. Pretty much everything you do can grant XP, Craft, Gather, Quest, mob Kills. Harvesting a grown tree is worth a non trivial amount of XP for a few seconds work. Your only limit is Labor Points for Crafting and Gathering, only 1 character per account can be flagged to earn LP at a time, points recover at 1 per minute. You start having 1000 points a day max, and the more you use, the more the cap increases. (probably to the minutes per day of 1440?)

2. ONLY the newbie/starter areas are PvP restricted. Members of other factions can run wild in your zone without penalty. You can kill a same faction member if you choose to do so, but will earn Crime Points for possible jail time.

3. Equipped and Inventoried items cannot be looted from your corpse. HOWEVER, Resource Packages, Land Claim tokens, Trade Parcels, are all carried on your back, and CAN be looted from your corpse. While carrying a package it is quite visible, and slows a characters movement to little better than walk speed. So if you're building a House, Castle, Boat, conducting a Trade mission, or on your way claim land on the Northern continent, you might want to have guards nearby.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

I too have a question!

When the F&(*** can I play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Dewm

I too have a question!

When the F&(*** can I play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if you're Korean, suspecting you're not then not for a while sadly. Or if you got a KAA Account then you can apply the english patch and make a good go of it. 

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Sharess
    Originally posted by Dewm

I too have a question!

Now if you're Korean, suspecting you're not then not for a while sadly. Or if you got a KAA Account then you can apply the english patch and make a good go of it. 

Seeing how I don't know how to get ahold of a KSSN I guess I'll have to wait.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    how can u uys play a game in korean? How do u knwo what certain things do and what ppl r saying?

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    how can u uys play a game in korean? How do u knwo what certain things do and what ppl r saying?

I'm playing Wushu on Russian servers just the launcher chat and system text is in Russian if the translated files are the same as Wushu all quests and story and UI are in English,so no problem if u want to test the game at all.

p>
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245

You dont know what anyone is saying. But it is MMO enough that you can kinda figure things out. For instance when you get a quest... follow the pointer. Your quest tab says 0/5 I#@L find the things called I#@L and collect/kill them :P Obviously it doesnt work for everything. And there were some really neat quests that I only figured out because I was in voice comes with translators :)

I kinda liked it that way..I got to play the beta...without really ruining the game for myself at launch. I"ll go back through all those quests in NA release going "oooooh, thats what they were saying!"

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Mawnee

You dont know what anyone is saying. But it is MMO enough that you can kinda figure things out. For instance when you get a quest... follow the pointer. Your quest tab says 0/5 I#@L find the things called I#@L and collect/kill them :P Obviously it doesnt work for everything. And there were some really neat quests that I only figured out because I was in voice comes with translators :)

I kinda liked it that way..I got to play the beta...without really ruining the game for myself at launch. I"ll go back through all those quests in NA release going "oooooh, thats what they were saying!"

There are some quests where you need to type something to complete it. Kind of like "/wave" or "/say I will save them", which can be interesting if you don't usnderstand what it is asking.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Zekiah

It's true, their is no loading between zones.

That's awesome, a major pro for me.

*shudders*

/flashbacks of AoC

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Could someone do a comparison in the Archeage zones compared to zones in WoW, like Elwynn Forest, Stranglethorn Vale, The Barrens. Are they as big as those I posted, about the same size, or smaller.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot