Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWII Online is free to play

Some of internet police here will try to tell you it's not worth the $$$$$.

Maybe it is or maybe it's not.

That is for you to decide, but it won't cost you a dime to try.

See for yourself if you don't believe me  UNIT TREE

Comments

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
    believe it

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

In this pittpete I have been a big critic of the game, but I say : go give it a try. It's FREE! 

Seriously, give the game a try if you have never played it.  Despite it's flaws it's still OK but when it is functioning properly it is alot of fun.

Alot has been said about the game, so see for yourself, and form your own opinion.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    That we all can agree on...
  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by pittpete

Give it a rest XOOM...sheesh.....trying to spam all the negavtive feedback / reviews off the first page is lame.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Tilo, go look me up on the forums when you're unbanned.

Not Xoom but thanks for the bump

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by Rigamortis

Give it a rest XOOM...sheesh.....trying to spam all the negavtive feedback / reviews off the first page is lame.

No he's right Rigamortis, It is free to play and I think it's alot of fun. Not many games have this kind of Immersion, and a fairly large community of  dedicated  players! Well worth the TRY FOR FREE IMO. Plenty of POSITIVE player tesimony! Look me up ingame! -wrath04

!Salute

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

That's about the most F2P player unfriendly matrix I have ever seen.  It looks less like F2P and more like Free to be sub players whipping boy.  Of course the whole game feels like that sometimes.

Don't get me wrong many years ago I played the game a ton and had a lot of fun with it.  Than they implemented that stupid command structure and started messing with Capture mechanics and the game lost a lot of it's appeal.  I don't like it when other players are telling me what I can and can not do in a game and able to acually enforce it.  I still feel like it's one of the best tank/plane/artilery simulators out there.  Driving a Panzer III across the country side was always a blast and I loved it when you placed a 88 in just the right spot and decimated a enemy column.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by udon

That's about the most F2P player unfriendly matrix I have ever seen.  It looks less like F2P and more like Free to be sub players whipping boy.  Of course the whole game feels like that sometimes.

Don't get me wrong many years ago I played the game a ton and had a lot of fun with it.  Than they implemented that stupid command structure and started messing with Capture mechanics and the game lost a lot of it's appeal.  I don't like it when other players are telling me what I can and can not do in a game and able to acually enforce it.  I still feel like it's one of the best tank/plane/artilery simulators out there.  Driving a Panzer III across the country side was always a blast and I loved it when you placed a 88 in just the right spot and decimated a enemy column.

Hello udon, I'm sorry to see this happen to F2p guys..I'd like to say I personally have never disrespected someone in the game that didn't have it comming to em, but if I ever saw someone treating people like that, I always speak up against it.It's just uncalled for...anyway... 

You and I are on the Same boat as far as not liking the Capture Mechanics the way they are, I was sorry to see the timers increase so much...and yeah I admitt it, I was one of the 50 players that loved Humping the Table...there I said it now i'm exposed!

Sometimes I like the high command structure, sometimes I hate it when it works against me, like getting a brigade pulled out from under you without warning which destroys the FRU and thus, the whole FB Busting mission which just happened to me and my new friend last night! Damn HC you know who you are!  lol now that's off my chest..  anyway .. I can totally understand where you come from on this.

I'm not a tank guy anymore but if you ever need Infantry cover or anything at all in the game, PLEASE look me up and shoot me a PM and we'll hang out. Warning,I'm usually a man of few words, but I do use comms when I need to depending on my "state of mind" :)  My Handle is "wrath04"   and I'm serious when I say shoot me a pm to say hi if your ever in game:)

!Salute 

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    It's f2p but hardly anyone online right now, very sad :(

How can you get more people online with all the bashing some of you do?

Seems kind of counter productive no?

Why is it if someone states an observation like "theres nobody playing ATM" somehow that's"bashing" the game?

Pointing out things wrong with the game is not "bashing".   You sould like CRS in the fact that its a certain group of players who  are hurting the game.  Why dont you direct your question to CRS to ask them why they are driving away subscribers daily with thier antics with todays totally lame tactic to try to throw the campaign for the Allies.   You would think DOC would be happy that there were enough people to actually fight for Antwerpen.  Maybe its crap like that is why theres nobody playing, you think?  "Server maintenance" seriously he is that stupid he thinks we believe him?  why doesnt he do is server maintenance during TZ3 when theres 9 people on not during a huge battle for Antwerpen

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Do you agree wwiiol is a great game?
  • MosqMosq Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by depot12

Why is it if someone states an observation like "theres nobody playing ATM" somehow that's"bashing" the game?

Pointing out things wrong with the game is not "bashing".   You sould like CRS in the fact that its a certain group of players who  are hurting the game.  Why dont you direct your question to CRS to ask them why they are driving away subscribers daily with thier antics with todays totally lame tactic to try to throw the campaign for the Allies.   You would think DOC would be happy that there were enough people to actually fight for Antwerpen.  Maybe its crap like that is why theres nobody playing, you think?  "Server maintenance" seriously he is that stupid he thinks we believe him?  why doesnt he do is server maintenance during TZ3 when theres 9 people on not during a huge battle for Antwerpen

1. Where does he state that he is refering to that specific remark?

2. You're not even playing at this moment as per your post earlier today in another thread, so I wonder: why do you care so much about which side wins or loses?

3. You state a self-created reason for the timing of the maintenance as a fact.

4. The question as to why the maintenance is not done in a different timezone is a legit one. I think I read something about this from CRS some time back. I'll see if I can find it.

5. Maintenance that is timed as poorly as today is, as I already stated in the other thread about it, never cool for those it impacts most. That said, there might be valid reasons not to wait. You don't know, I don't know, but people who could attend the meeting CRS set up on this subject on TS just now might...

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Mosq

2. You're not even playing at this moment as per your post earlier today in another thread, so I wonder: why do you care so much about which side wins or loses?

4. The question as to why the maintenance is not done in a different timezone is a legit one. I think I read something about this from CRS some time back. I'll see if I can find it.

5. Maintenance that is timed as poorly as today is, as I already stated in the other thread about it, never cool for those it impacts most. That said, there might be valid reasons not to wait. You don't know, I don't know, but people who could attend the meeting CRS set up on this subject on TS just now might...

Concerning number 1.  In another thread Pittpete claimed I was crucifying the game by discussing the player population, or lack thereof.  Abyssuss did the same and was called out for "bashing" the game.  Depot12 drew the right conclusion from his remark.

1. He doesn't I drew the conclusion

2. I care because it reminds me when I was HC of DOC or other Rats interfering with the way the map was being run by me or others and it bothers me.

3. Do you know what the word "maintenance" means? It is something that is expected to be done, and scheduled ahead of time.  I work in IT.  We do maintenance where we bounce our servers but we do it at 4am when there is nobody on.  I dont do "maintenance" at 10am on a Thursday when my paying customers are using my services.   I have a plan for when I am going to do it and if I have to bump it out, so be it.   My systems are not that fragile that if I have to bump maintenance out a day or two the whole system doesnt come crashing down around me.

4. Sounds more like they dont know what they are doing, or dont care - probably both in CRS case

5. Then that sounds like a "bug" and not "maintenance".   In reality sounds like DOC trying to throw the game for the Allies as once Antwerpen is gone they never recover.

Originally posted by rendus

Concerning number 1.  In another thread Pittpete claimed I was crucifying the game by discussing the player population, or lack thereof.  Abyssuss did the same and was called out for "bashing" the game.  Depot12 drew the right conclusion from his remark.

Aha, guess I missed that part. Mea culpa. image

2. I care because it reminds me when I was HC of DOC or other Rats interfering with the way the map was being run by me or others and it bothers me.

3. Do you know what the word "maintenance" means? It is something that is expected to be done, and scheduled ahead of time.  I work in IT.  We do maintenance where we bounce our servers but we do it at 4am when there is nobody on.  I dont do "maintenance" at 10am on a Thursday when my paying customers are using my services.   I have a plan for when I am going to do it and if I have to bump it out, so be it.   My systems are not that fragile that if I have to bump maintenance out a day or two the whole system doesnt come crashing down around me.

4. Sounds more like they dont know what they are doing, or dont care - probably both in CRS case

5. Then that sounds like a "bug" and not "maintenance".   In reality sounds like DOC trying to throw the game for the Allies as once Antwerpen is gone they never recover.

1. Allrighty.

2. I've never experienced anything like that in any one of my four tours in HC.

3. I do know what it means, thanks for asking though. As for the rest of your statement at #3 I'll continue with my response at #4, since #3 was about you creating a reason for the maintenance, without any proof or backup, and stating it as a fact. That still stands.

4. When a server is in use 24/7 by paying customers and daily maintenance is needed I'd say it's quite hard (or rather: impossible) to find a time of day when none of those paying customers are impacted. That said, like I said before, the question as to why they don't do the maintenance at (a) different timeslot(s) - your guess is as good as mine. Nonetheless, it would still be a guess at this point. I'll let you know when I find that post from CRS about it.

5. Bug, emergency maintenance - quite possible indeed. I don't really feel for the "in reality DOC is trying to throw the game for the Allies" though, I guess our realities are somewhat different. image Next to that, I do remember some campaigns where the Allies won after losing Antwerp. It has happened before, so "never" is somewhat exaggerated.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

hmm when did they expand the f2p kit?? last time i heard all you could play was a rifleman class and as there is no kit swaping like BF1942. it did not inspire me to actually waste time signing up or downloading it. 

though im still amazed they expect/have people paying "20 bucks" a month for this game still O-o given that most gamers would rather have cheaper priced subs. unless its really really really really good (which is near impossible now days with the crap being pumped out)

1. Allrighty.

2. I've never experienced anything like that in any one of my four tours in HC.

3. I do know what it means, thanks for asking though. As for the rest of your statement at #3 I'll continue with my response at #4, since #3 was about you creating a reason for the maintenance, without any proof or backup, and stating it as a fact. That still stands.

4. When a server is in use 24/7 by paying customers and daily maintenance is needed I'd say it's quite hard (or rather: impossible) to find a time of day when none of those paying customers are impacted. That said, like I said before, the question as to why they don't do the maintenance at (a) different timeslot(s) - your guess is as good as mine. Nonetheless, it would still be a guess at this point. I'll let you know when I find that post from CRS about it.

5. Bug, emergency maintenance - quite possible indeed. I don't really feel for the "in reality DOC is trying to throw the game for the Allies" though, I guess our realities are somewhat different. image Next to that, I do remember some campaigns where the Allies won after losing Antwerp. It has happened before, so "never" is somewhat exaggerated.

I guess what Im trying to say is he either did it to throw the game or the systems are so unstable that he can't even put off maintenance a few hours to let a big slugfest go to the end.   

Do you understand eactly how the servers work? Have you ever worked on the CRS servers? If not, do you really know what the reasons are for and behind the maintenance?

Methinks this is just another "I hate CRS" tantrum from you.
    Originally posted by Ichmen

hmm when did they expand the f2p kit?? last time i heard all you could play was a rifleman class and as there is no kit swaping like BF1942. it did not inspire me to actually waste time signing up or downloading it. 

though im still amazed they expect/have people paying "20 bucks" a month for this game still O-o given that most gamers would rather have cheaper priced subs. unless its really really really really good (which is near impossible now days with the crap being pumped out)

Not quite sure when it was implemented in it's current form - tbh, not even sure what the current F2P kit consists of. I do know it's more than just riflemen though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that? Or maybe you can try it out and tell me yourself? image

As for the 20 bucks a month, well, premium accounts range between 12,99 and 17,99 (US dollars) a month, depending on which paymentplan one chooses. Personally I don't think that's too much (but hey, wouldn't be playing and paying if I'd think otherwise now would I image).

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I downloaded it and will give it a shot, is team speak mandatory?
    Originally posted by Stug
    Do you understand eactly how the servers work? Have you ever worked on the CRS servers? If not, do you really know what the reasons are for and behind the maintenance?

You never find ANY fault with CRS or the game, ever.  Tell us, what is your game name? Why hide behind an alias? You are 100% cheerleader you have no fear of retaliation by CRS.  I ask again, what is your game name?

Originally posted by RefMinor
    I downloaded it and will give it a shot, is team speak mandatory?

No, it's not mandatory. It does help when you can use it though. I would advise joining a squad and/or tuning in on the help channel more than using TS in the first few weeks of playing. Getting the help from experienced players really speeds up understanding the game and it's mechanics.

Have fun, see you in game!  image

Originally posted by Stug

You never find ANY fault with CRS or the game, ever.  Tell us, what is your game name? Why hide behind an alias? You are 100% cheerleader you have no fear of retaliation by CRS.  I ask again, what is your game name?

I have said several times the game is not perfect, but I guess you just choose to ignore it.

Its simply the game is just better than you say it is. But as a CRS employee I guess you know everything, right?

This discussion has been closed.