Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu NA Major Lag Issue

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

If you bothered to look, they moved it to Closed Beta bugs so that your post recieved more attention.  I believe this it...

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3351

If that's not it, they probably black holed it for being a repeat topic.  Forum warriors like you are tireless in making sure everyone else is hyper aware of your own ignorance.

EDIT:

In regards to translations, yep - they totally suck and Snail Games has acknowledged that much.  Check out the interviews on Massively, this is an area that should get a great deal of focus in the next patch.  We'll see if that actually pans out.

Random encounters are a reasonably unique feature, but a very small part of the game.  Given that this version is in CBT and the others are in full release, the lack of content and buggy features are understandable.  You don't just straight port over a game from China.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

...and low and behold I've had barely any issues since.  Is that "enough said" for you?  Perhaps I just have a higher tolerance for issues in a CBT than you do.

[quote]Greetings!

Actually, there has been 5 threads about this topic in the last 7 days. We understand the importance of ping in our game, and we understand the frustration this may cause on our player base. Along with our QA Team, we have submitted this as an issue to our network team. They subsequently performed a series of tests to diagnose the issue, as well as communication with our data center.

That being said, as long as this remains an issue, and the community continues to communicate with us regarding this topic. We will be able to request for more extensive testing in order to find a solution.

Thank you for your feedback, we are truly grateful for every bit of feedback concerning the Age of Wushu player experience. Our goal is to constantly improve on this experience and with your help, we can proceed closer to our goals.

Let's keep the feedback coming concerning this topic. Also if possible, could everyone include their region of residence when giving input on this topic.

[/quote]

I'm assuming that when you posted about your issue you followed the above?

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Alamareth

If you bothered to look, they moved it to Closed Beta bugs so that your post recieved more attention.  I believe this it...

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3351

If that's not it, they probably black holed it for being a repeat topic.  Forum warriors like you are tireless in making sure everyone else is hyper aware of your own ignorance.

Hello Folks!

Our network technician has taken a look at this issue. Test results are indicating that the network status is normal. If this issue persists, please let us know so that we can revisit this problem and find a solution as quickly as possible. Thank you for your feedback, and please, continue to update us if you are experiencing an abnormal amount of latency.

Nuff said, my post was much older than this one btw.

From the devs,

Actually, there has been 5 threads about this topic in the last 7 days. We understand the importance of ping in our game, and we understand the frustration this may cause on our player base. Along with our QA Team, we have submitted this as an issue to our network team. They subsequently performed a series of tests to diagnose the issue, as well as communication with our data center.

That being said, as long as this remains an issue, and the community continues to communicate with us regarding this topic. We will be able to request for more extensive testing in order to find a solution.

Thank you for your feedback, we are truly grateful for every bit of feedback concerning the Age of Wushu player experience. Our goal is to constantly improve on this experience and with your help, we can proceed closer to our goals.

Let's keep the feedback coming concerning this topic. Also if possible, could everyone include their region of residence when giving input on this topic.

So they are looking into it, I even posted in that thread saying I also had lag on that day, however I am not having the issues you are talking about so it may be related to your region or your network as well. (If it is server side we would all be having it together like we were on 1/15)

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I play from North America and don't have any lag at all.  Not sure what you're going on about.   Maybe YOU have lag, but that doesn't make it their server that's the issue.

I've been fairly active on those forums and I've seen nothing to that effect from anyone.

Those moderators are pretty good, I seriously doubt they would just outright delete something.  Otherwise, why are there dozens of posts that they edited carefully to bring them into line with the code of conduct?

My question is what do you have against the game that you went to multiple gaming communities to complain about a problem none of us seem to recognize?  Whose payroll are you on?  If you had an issue take it up with a moderator, you know - the way things are supposed to be.

Are you just not going to respond to the fact that everyone isn't having this lag problem?

edit: Don't get me wrong if your having a problem and it is on Snail's side they need to look into it, but it seems they are looking into it. So that is good. The translations have been promised an overhaul by the CEO in the recent interview on Massively, I agree 100% that needs fixing.

But it seems you are having problems above and beyond what others are having as well.

I don't often go in the forums because it is full of people bitching about mechanics that are part of the game that most people IN the game don't bitch about and the foreign players, no offense to them, make some of the reading in that forum harder than the poor translations in Wushu.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

I played for about 8 hours yesterday.  Quite a few ping spikes, not constant lag.

Most noticeable after initiating combat, the skills would not reliably fire on time unless I spammed the button, and same with summoning horse, there was sometimes a huge delay between when I press the button and when I hear the whistle/ see the animation.  

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Are you just not going to respond to the fact that everyone isn't having this lag problem?

Actually on the most recent update there has been an increasing amount of people having latency issues.

Sorry I think I slipped this in the prior post while you were responding.

Don't get me wrong if your having a problem and it is on Snail's side they need to look into it, but it seems they are looking into it. So that is good. The translations have been promised an overhaul by the CEO in the recent interview on Massively, I agree 100% that needs fixing.

But it seems you are having problems above and beyond what others are having as well.

I don't often go in the forums because it is full of people bitching about mechanics that are part of the game that most people IN the game don't bitch about and the foreign players, no offense to them, make some of the reading in that forum harder than the poor translations in Wushu.

In addition,

there is lag in Wushu at times, I see it in Chengdu from time to time...that being the player elected social hub it seems. Normally it is minor however like the above mentioned horse whistle delay or some such thing and it seems localized to that area at prime time. I hope it gets streamlined or they beef up the servers a bit but it should be noted we are in the pre-release (soft release) stage.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I'm in michigan. I bounce from 98-180 with spikes of 235. 

I use Laetrix ping reducer though. before that I was at 235ish with spikes of 300.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by bcbully

I'm in michigan. I bounce from 98-180 with spikes of 235. 

I use Laetrix ping reducer though. before that I was at 235ish with spikes of 300.

Never heard of this Leatrix thing before, thanks!  Giving it a try now.

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76

I play from German and my Latency was without Leatrix 400-700,

now with Leatrix 200-400.

In the last Week i had Lagspikes from 1500-25k+.

Quite often in GCC.

For this reason I will leave AoW with the start of the EU OB.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

A few quick things:

1) The lag can be bad. I've had issues where my ping does hit excesses of 1k and more into the red. Everyday? No not really but often enough to notice the servers aren't the best bording on bad.

2) The perma slow after leaving instances or assassin missions. That is a bug I encountered and wondered WTF. Then someone put me on like I'm about to put you on. Hit " / " on your NUMPAD. That is the toggle for running and walking. Hit it once to walk then hit it again to go back into your non-bugged running..

3) Players not recieving gold from Cashshop Top-Up. They do have some times where you will get your gold as soon as you pay with 10 mins. Then there are times where it can take an hour or more to recieve your gold. I have not ran into an issue where I did not get my gold whatsoever. I don't know about other cases personally but this one is mine.

4) Localization is an issue, still needs a good deal or work in properly translating and presenting the information clearly. Some stuff has decent English but then doesn't have the entire tool-tip message; it gets cut off. Kind of like they have some type of character limit in some of their descritpion tool-tips so they have to chop it down to as simple as possible.

5) Exploting. I don't know of any major exploits outside of people getting bounties and then claiming (podding) themselves to reap the rewards. With World chat tho, you can kind of let the rest of the server know about those that do this big time and maybe fight it a bit. I'm sure there are some that peopel are severly abusing, but nothing has been posted to forums about it really at AoW that I've seen. Oh can't forget Divniation bug LoL.. I forgot about this one. DIdn't get caught by it but that one was bad..

6) Gold sellers. They are in the game right now, just showed up in the last couple of days. This is one thing that is a major sore spot for me. Not really because of the gold selling (thats in many, many games) but my problem is that this game has a player run economy. One that is extreamly inflated from its Chinnese counterpart right now. These goldsellers are more than likey a very large portion of the crowd overcharging for wares. They are double dipping people. Don't buy from them.

I guess that's more than a few but what are you gonna do? Meh..

Very cool game tho, interesting and a little different. They had the $10 elite package at one point and that was absolutely a deal because they ended up getting more rewards than the $10 they originally put into the game. This isn't saying Snail Games takes care of it's players. That's still up for debate most definately.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.