Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturday Rapid Assault Event

For those who were curious about RA's status:

This coming Saturday (1/19) at 12:00PM Central [RAT/SERVER] Time we are requesting all available personnel to be online in Rapid Assault. We will be engaging in heavy fighting, stress testing the server.

RAPID ASSAULT SESSION

We are looking for 50+ players to be on our Rapid Assault server to help us stress test the server. All subscribers are welcome to join us, please see the below information.

If you've yet to play Rapid Assault, this would be a great time to be involved, and possibly be surprised. The inner workings that you will see, tree's falling from tanks hitting them, the visuals, smoothness, grenade throwing, are really cool to see for the first time and generates a different style of game play than WWII Online.

We'll see you Saturday!

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/15-community-events/12789-saturday-rapid-assault-event

Comments

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

I played it a few times, and it wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm willing to try it again though to see if it changed.

Thanks

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44
    I'm gonna try to get on there. Its a different thing but i like it's style.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    srry maybe update your graphics to the 21st century and ill give it a shot

Not everyone plays games for shiny graphics..

Just saying

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    or you could play RO2 with the same style of gameplay and better graphics to boot
    and hitpoints on tanks

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by pittpete
    and hitpoints on tanks

At least  theres people to play against unlike WWIIOL

just like you can overlook glaring faults in your game , others can overlook things such as hitpoints on tanks in others
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I have never played this game due to all the bad press it gets and what I did see does not seem to be my cup of tea but is it really that bad that it is hard to get 50+ people a big event like this on a Saturday?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by pittpete

Not everyone plays games for shiny graphics..

Just saying

Not everyone wear suits to a job interview either...

but how many of those that don't get the job?

Just saying

Originally posted by Talonsin

I have never played this game due to all the bad press it gets and what I did see does not seem to be my cup of tea but is it really that bad that it is hard to get 50+ people a big event like this on a Saturday?

Yes and no

Rapid assault is a different type of  game than ww2ol , most people I know think  despise it and won't play it at al,

some grudgingly play just to support the devs

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

*server unavailable at the moment*

I am disappoint...

Visit the Rapid Assault Beta forums for testing and feedback information. 

*page cannot be displayed*

welp...

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by rendus

I am disappoint...

welp...

40ish of us got in just fine, there were some activation issues though.

Originally posted by Company0

I am disappoint...

welp...

The server never went online in my client.  oh well...

I am disappoint...

welp...

Musta gone into syncing after the event. Event was at 12 and they usually last for an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

Originally posted by mrcheapy
    just like you can overlook glaring faults in your game , others can overlook things such as hitpoints on tanks in others

I thought it was your game also?

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

I am disappoint...

welp...

You missed it - it was online. It was different, and more faster paced than the normal game.

Keep an eye out next time Rendus. Worth a look.

Argh! I had the client open from 5 min prior to start until over an hour later. Next time then...

dont get your hopes about RA 

like 3 people work at crs, soon they said 

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by mrcheapy
    dont get your hopes about RA 

like 3 people work at crs, soon they said

That's certainly an excuse but there's four people at Wolfire games and that hasn't stopped them from releasing products or putting out a weekly dev video.

Overgrowth alpha 194 changes

A video of what they're doing, every week! Some guy a few years out of college can do this but for CRS even a rough roadmap is an impossibility. The company acts like their current work is top-secret information that they can't disclose, yet at the same time they brag about how open they are with their community and they implore their players to subscribe for year-long periods rather than monthly because they need the stability.

Anyway for all their talk of the need for additional revenue, if they took the time to update and fix their rank system then they would be in a much better position now with their F2P option. Planetside 2, World Of Tanks can both have true F2P models while you can't really monetize the level progression in WW2online(what little there is).

Oh well, I guess they thought that it would be better to spend a year working on a chinese version and another 18 months (longer?) building an entirely new game which still isn't completed. I feel like an idiot for supporting the project but it doesn't seem that bad when I think about the guys who dropped $100 or more for this.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    Popped into the RA beta session on Saturday and got to say I really enjoyed it. Still sone way to go in explaining the objectives and what's going on in the map but I must say, as something of a skeptic beforehand, I enjoyed it

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• argelargel Member Posts: 34
    Are you sure? It's just I've heard from a lot of guys who hate the developers and haven't played it that it isn't very good?
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by argel
    Are you sure? It's just I've heard from a lot of guys who hate the developers and haven't played it that it isn't very good?

It depends on your reference point. Is it a faster paced, more objective oriented game with better terrain than WW2online? Yes.

The problem is that it's essentially Call of Duty 2, but in 2013. There are also free mods that have been out there for years that do a great job of what Rapid Assault seems to be going for, and also in the same genre there is a game based off of the ArmA2 engine called Iron Front: Liberation 1944 that was recently released.

Youtube link

It's on steam, priced at the same amount that I paid to become a "RA Founder". I'll also note that it has aircraft. So it's really all about having perspective(as DOC is fond of saying). A lot of subscribers made suggestions over the years and tried to help CRS out with their decisions but(like now) anyone who disagrees is written off as some kind of mindless hater.

Originally posted by david06

It depends on your reference point. Is it a faster paced, more objective oriented game with better terrain than WW2online? Yes.

The problem is that it's essentially Call of Duty 2, but in 2013. There are also free mods that have been out there for years that do a great job of what Rapid Assault seems to be going for, and also in the same genre there is a game based off of the ArmA2 engine called Iron Front: Liberation 1944 that was recently released.

Youtube link

It's on steam, priced at the same amount that I paid to become a "RA Founder". I'll also note that it has aircraft. So it's really all about having perspective(as DOC is fond of saying). A lot of subscribers made suggestions over the years and tried to help CRS out with their decisions but(like now) anyone who disagrees is written off as some kind of mindless hater.

Hm. I must be going about my disagreeing with them in the wrong fashion. Mind giving me some lectures, so I can be described as a "mindless hater?"

By the way. You seriously didn't just compare WWIIOL and its development engine of some seventy thousand line code to a game that, at a quick glance, has you running around as a rabbit kicking other rabbits in the face did you? Couldn't be that you did, you'd have to have absolutely no respect for any development process nor really spent time reading a word about the difficulties the lead coder faced working on the game. Your smarter then that, or at least you seem to purvey youself as such.

Edit: Looked at Lugaru and the game that followed it. Interesting combat system. Now, turn it into an MMO that can render say 70 players in a small area and have them all actively shooting eachother.

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by david06

Youtube link

Hm. I must be going about my disagreeing with them in the wrong fashion. Mind giving me some lectures, so I can be described as a "mindless hater?"

By the way. You seriously didn't just compare WWIIOL and its development engine of some seventy thousand line code to a game that, at a quick glance, has you running around as a rabbit kicking other rabbits in the face did you? Couldn't be that you did, you'd have to have absolutely no respect for any development process nor really spent time reading a word about the difficulties the lead coder faced working on the game. Your smarter then that, or at least you seem to purvey youself as such.

Edit: Looked at Lugaru and the game that followed it. Interesting combat system. Now, turn it into an MMO that can render say 70 players in a small area and have them all actively shooting eachother.

So you admit that you disagree with CRS on Rapid Assault?