Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Jay Wilson Steps Away from Diablo 3, Moves to New Project

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a lengthy post on the Diablo 3 forums, Game Director Jay Wilson has announced that he is moving from D3 to another Blizzard project. The speculation in some circles is that Wilson will be moving to the tentatively named "Titan" MMO.

I wanted all of you to be some of the first to know that I've made an important decision about my future, and how that decision will affect the future of Diablo.

I recently celebrated my seven-year anniversary working on Diablo III, and while it's been one of the most challenging and rewarding periods of my life, I've reached a point creatively where I'm looking forward to working on something new. The powers that be at Blizzard have been gracious enough to give me that opportunity. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will be moving off of the Diablo III project and transitioning elsewhere within Blizzard. This decision was not an easy one for me, and not one I made quickly, but ultimately it's what I feel is right.

Read the full post on the Diablo 3 forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Good news for D3 players that managed to stick around, bad news for Titan if the second part is true.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 562
    Good riddance that mans arrogance and ego in thinking he knew what players wanted more than the players did ruined one of the best franchises in gaming. Maybe, just maybe, the game can recover and rebuild now.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

inb4, "Now Titan is doomed!"

edit: too late

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Oh god, this guy still has a job? Sad times we live in, sad times...
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Good news for D3 players that managed to stick around, bad news for Titan if the second part is true.

Agreed.

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    And in today's CORPG news.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

QFT.........

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

QFMFGDT

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

QFT.........

Quoting the quote for truth, because it's doubly true.

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

Seems Blizzard wants their games to continue to fail.

Though, I will admit, D3 might have an actual chance to be the game it was meant to be(in time at least). Here's to wishful thinking for you D3 players :)

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Too bad he wrecked my beloved franchise before the door hit him on the way out.

Jack wagon.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Just officially renamed, "Titanic".

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    LOL this community is so cute!

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Zekiah

Ha!  That's awesome.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

It will be a nice change for him working on a new and FRESH project since he won't have to deal with the entrenched D2 fans who demand that D3 be D2.

D3 is a great game.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by jimdandy26

I'd say this community is sadly predictable.

• XeoMatrix00XeoMatrix00 Member Posts: 39

YESSS, His gone from D3, .............................. (reading rest of article) ................................... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they moved him to Titan (aka World of Starcraft).

Fun game, Released game, Jay Wilson.   Pick two.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Psychow

It will be a nice change for him working on a new and FRESH project since he won't have to deal with the entrenched D2 fans who demand that D3 be D2.

D3 is a great game.

No one was demanding it be exactly like D2, but if they had started by looking at what made D2 a good game for a decade, well, maybe D3 wouldn't be a pay 2 win ghost town.

Also, as another poster said, Titan shall now be known as Titanic till this tool is cut loose.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by ezpz77
    Originally posted by jimdandy26

I'd say this community is sadly predictable.

I agree. Which is why I do not post much. Of all the forums I have been on, I have found my signature to hold truest here. :(

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• ibn_Cartwellibn_Cartwell Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Zekiah

Lol

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

D3 is a great game.

No one was demanding it be exactly like D2, but if they had started by looking at what made D2 a good game for a decade, well, maybe D3 wouldn't be a pay 2 win ghost town.

Also, as another poster said, Titan shall now be known as Titanic till this tool is cut loose.

I wonder how maybe people actually played D2 for a decade. I'll bet at least 90% of the players beat the single player game and never touched it again.

I didn't play D2. That may be why I am capable of enjoying D3 for what it is instead of what it isn't.

I wonder how maybe people actually played D2 for a decade. I'll bet at least 90% of the players beat the single player game and never touched it again.

I didn't play D2. That may be why I am capable of enjoying D3 for what it is instead of what it isn't.

Yeah, you don't know what you are missing :)

Another nice thing about Diablo 2 was even after you'd played it for years and years, there were fan mods that could change the game in significant ways, from new skills, more levels, new monsters, tons of new areas, hundreds of new items, tons more crafting, utility items for storage, the list goes on and on and that was just from one mod I played.

• vonslashavonslasha Member Posts: 31
    if some how i could purchase the game leagally without having to play on an online server, i would pay up to $80!! but now ill wait till it gets below 20 and then MAYBE i will buy it
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

As much of a disappointment this game was in my eyes as well as many players... the sad truth was in the eyes of corporate it was a HUGE SUCCESS selling millions of copies... The game companies really don't care that you didn't like the gameplay or skill system or that they completely dodged PvP. The Diablo "brand" continues to be a success...

As far as Blizzard is concerned this guy is a friggin hero! They will give him a new project to "use his Midas touch" and probably give him a huge bucket of money.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...