Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing now? What future game are you hoping will succeed?

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Originally posted by Marirranya

playing lol and cabal

created characters in tsw and gw2 but havent been able to play properly... was in a bus accident  : <

Wow, that sucks.  Hope you are OK.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Playing - GW2, DCUO,Fallen Earth and Lord of the Rings Online(resubbed for now) (rotating between these 4 really)

Waiting for -long term EQ Next,World of Darkness(hope its still in development) 

Waiting for (hope within the next year) - Neverwinter, ESO,

Might also rotate in some Vanguard, DDO and finally try TSW when the current games im playing no longer entertain me.

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

Currently playing: GW2 and TSW.

Waiting for: WildStar, EQNext. I'm interested to see what Blizzard does with Titan, but I'm not really "waiting" for it. I kind of lost the warm fuzzies for Blizzard after WoW post Cata + D3.

• sahrimudsahrimud Member Posts: 2

Playing Rift: Storm Legiom atm

My eyes are on The Repopulation, AA & Teso

• DulthisDulthis Member UncommonPosts: 28

Playing: Gw2, DOTA2, (kinda bored lately, ideas?)

Waiting for: FFXIV:AAR

Simple as that...

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Currently playing: The Secret World.

Hopeful for: Blade & Soul.

• MudfinMudfin Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Currently playing Rift.  Have hopes for a few but i will limit it to 2.  Wildstar and EQNext.
  • GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Currently Playing: GW2

GW2 isn't really what I want from an MMO, but it's a fun for what it is.  It's actually pretty close (in gameplay, not looks) to what I was hoping for from Diablo 3.  I've been taking this one slowly -- I don't even have any characters at max level.  

Hoping will Succeed: 

Neverwinter: I still have fond memories of playing through the Bioware game (and its thousands of user-made modules) with my then-future wife.  I'm not expecting the same game, but I'm really hoping that there'll be something here worth playing.   The missus, who quit playing MMOs years ago, but has even expressed interest in this title.  That alone has me watching it.  Cryptic's F2P model is more bearable than most, so there's that too.

Pathfinder Online:  PFO is everything I've ever wanted in a game -- or, at least, it will be if it makes it to release.  I still have an Ultima Online 2 shaped hole in my heart, so I'm trying not to get too excited. 

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Playing Skyrim

Hoping TESO isn't the flop I am begining to expect due to the too-limited world access and forced faction set up as currently envisioned - because the rest of it looks good.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm currently playing WoW.  Anyone that says the raiding is stale and boring hasn't played since MoP launched.  The raiding in pandaria is near ridiculous difficulty.  Unless you have a group of 485+ ilvl characters it's an actual challenge I haven't seen since TBC.  Unlike previous Raids, you have to almost constantly be moving in almost every boss battle.  Watch a video of Moshugan Vaults.  Fights actually take stradegy and planning now.  There's no more stand here and cast this spell until it's dead.  Now it's more like OMG RUN, cast, OMG RUN, wipe XD  unless you plan out the fight and everyone knows what they're doing.  One person in most fights can cause an entire wipe now :D
  • AtlanNorAtlanNor Member UncommonPosts: 38
    AC2 Only.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Currently playing:
    Planetside 2 for pvp
    Skyrim and minecraft for pve (mmo pve sucks anyway, as its stuck in 2001, single player games do it much better)

Hope succeed:
    Elite 4
    Starbound

Pleasantly suprise me please:
    TESO
    Star citizen
    Archeage

I have a bad feeling about this:
    Neverwinter
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Currently Getting my head around Wushu on Russian servers while waiting for what seems an age for Wulin, Also quite looking forward to this Defiance test other than that in the not so far distant future am looking forward to my Kick Starters.

The Repopulation

Star Citizen

Limit Theory

Elite:Dangerous 

Also my eye is on Firefly and Infinity for possible funding.

p>
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Not playing much of anything MMO right now.  Revisiting the Mass Effect games, and mixing it up with some Hitman stuff, but that's it.  The industry barely has a pulse right now, mostly due to game designers letting themselves be limited to aging consols rather than actually develop for PC's.

As a result, all but the biggest studios and publishers are making stuff.  Except it's usually just the same hashed out yearly-releases like CoD and Madden.

You make me like charity

• EinsamWulfEinsamWulf Member Posts: 69

Firefall (Beta) as of late, I'm also hoping that the devs at Red5 manage to succeed. I'm especially hopeful for the next milestone which should bring the Chosen Warfront to life and should be rather interesting to see come to life.

In addition to that Im looking forward to the Defiance Beta weekend.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    EinsamWulf- Legionnaire of Terminus
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Currently playing Wii-U. I hope The Repopulation is everything it says it will be.  If so, I have found my "one".
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Not playing much of anything MMO right now.  Revisiting the Mass Effect games, and mixing it up with some Hitman stuff, but that's it.  The industry barely has a pulse right now, mostly due to game designers letting themselves be limited to aging consols rather than actually develop for PC's.

As a result, all but the biggest studios and publishers are making stuff.  Except it's usually just the same hashed out yearly-releases like CoD and Madden.

Sure it has... you are just getting 'not having a pulse' with 'I am not looking beyond mainstream major releases' and 'I define a good game as one that utlises cutting edge tech', and possibly 'I personally am a little jaded with the whole thing'.

Plenty of exciting and fun games out there for those that don't lock themselves into a ghetto.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Currently (very casually): FFXI, TERA, WURM, GW2, Alpha/Beta's under NDA

Hoping for: ArchAge, FFXIV, TESO

Not really expecting much anymore with year after year of dissapointment by sub standard themepark and quest grind MMO's. I was hoping for the survival genre but that seems to just create even worse games.

I got a backlog of single player games to keep me occupied for some time :)

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by jpnz

Playing - SWTOR

Hoping to suceed - All games.

I can't think how anyone can be petty enough to hope for an entertainment product to fail but that might be my bias talking.

I didn't mean to suggest that peopel wouldn't want otehr games to succeed. I worded it that way, because a game succeeding implies that  the developers delivered on what they said and will have enough of a community to have a good play experience.

Saying that way is meant to say that you like the features you've seen and want it to deliver - not just come out.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Rift.

Started it back up a few weeks ago along with the expansion. The game is huge now and jam-packed with things to do. It is probably one of the most diverse games for unique character development out there. Unique one of a kind character development has always been a huge plus for me.

I'm not sure what you are asking in the second part of your title OP, but I'm hoping to get my $14.99 a month out of it and I think I more than do. Compared to other sub games, this one offers the most diversity and long lasting appeal to me. They are constantly making it better, and I have yet to see any huge hit to the mechanics dumbing it down like some of the other titles have done.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by coretex666

Playing:

Diablo 3 (currently Act III Inferno with my Hardcore Demon Hunter...wish me luck :) )

Wow .. you are way braver than i am. I am doing soft-core, and farming MP6 Act 3 on my wiz .. and let me say .. there are LOTS of death.

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    playing nothing waiting and hoping for wildstar and dayz standalone success. success is horrible term tho farmville is a great success too but i would never want to play it
  • tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    i'm playing eve online... and im waiting for ......... idk... hope a good sandbox appears
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

Playing no MMOs, haven't for well over a year now.  Have been playing SP games, recently finished up Far Cry 3, but have had very little free time to actually play another game.  Not sure where to go once I get more free time.

I'm not looking forward to anything because the chances of there being a good game, populated by worthwhile people, is somewhere between slim and zero, closer to zero.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Cephus404

Playing no MMOs, haven't for well over a year now.  Have been playing SP games, recently finished up Far Cry 3, but have had very little free time to actually play another game.  Not sure where to go once I get more free time.

I'm not looking forward to anything because the chances of there being a good game, populated by worthwhile people, is somewhere between slim and zero, closer to zero.

Mass effect saga is nice... 1 and 2 more than 3 but you can have good time playing it and replaying it ofc.