Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The most beautiful world

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,394Member Uncommon
    Sounds like might like ArchAge, but unfortunately it's pretty far from its English release.
  • tyfontyfon OSLOPosts: 238Member

If you are not worried about dated graphics, but still a beautifull world I'd say AO is pretty nice and extremly explorable. No fishing though.

For new games AoC or TSW are the most advanced and high quality graphics for MMOs. The Kitai areas in AoC are absolutely stunning. Some TSW screens from my playing can be seen here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pddvxk1czeusiji/kCCLh-yjmJ

Age of Wushu has fishing and a pretty world, but the world is FFA pvp (with severe penalties for gankers), but still you must be prepared at all time.

I also really enjoy the graphic style in EvE online, but that is a different beast all together :)

TERA might be nice for you too, but it is too candyland for me and is very combat focused (the quests really sucked when I tried, and you are much better off just grinding mobs or failing harvesting on your elin!).

I really think you should try Age of Wushu first of all since it does not require combat to level. You can just goof around, fish, mine some, craft or produce art that buff other professions.

• KruulKruul Houston, TXPosts: 476Member
    LOTRO
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Pwn
    Having read your second post

Seriously EVE

Find a nice spot in high sec with some stunning galactic vistas and mine away.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk St-petersburgPosts: 1,351Member

1.5 months ago I would give another answer but now Age of Wushu (Age of Wulin) is clear winner for me. Chinese designers did extraordinary work.

ps/ Ive played every game mentioned above

• BenediktBenedikt PraguePosts: 1,406Member Uncommon

add eve and wushu: i dont get it - how can anyone who actually read OP's post could recommend a game with open world pvp?

i say vanguard myself, or to lesser extent lotro

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

Thanks all for a lot of great suggestions!

Actually, I've been playing AoC the last couple of days and enjoyed it. It's not a chilling out in the world game for me. It's definitely fun for combat, atmosphere and story, though.

I'm downloading Age of Wushu right now, since I've never played it. I will also check out Wulin. It comes out later, right?

And I've definitely been looking forward to ArcheAge. I can get access to the Korean client and actually played on my friend's account the other day, but there is the language barrier. Though I've heard there is an English patch for the Korean client, I haven't actually been able to locate where to download it on any of the fansites,  nor have I heard from anyone who's successfully used it. I think that game will have a lot of content and a steep learning curve, so it would be frustrating not being able to understand the language.

I will also get around to taking new looks at EVE, LoTRO, and Vanguard, all three of which I have on Steam.

Originally posted by Benedikt

add eve and wushu: i dont get it - how can anyone who actually read OP's post could recommend a game with open world pvp?

I have played Age of Wushu on the russian server for a bit, and only been attempted ganked twice. It is really the penalties (jail and bounty) that keeps them from doing it. I have actually played AoW almost exactly as the OP describes.

In EvE you can lolly about in high sec no problem either unless you have enemies of your corp or pirates wanting you for some reason. If you join a NPC corp you cannot be wardeced anyway.

• DKLondDKLond AlbertslundPosts: 579Member Uncommon

Definitely WoW for having so many and so different powerful atmospheres. Every zone was like stepping onto a finished high-budget fantasy movie set. I always loved that world design and superb art direction. Areas like Ashenvale, Azshara, Elwynn Forest, Westfall and so on are completely fresh in my mind - even if it's been years since I really played it.

Age of Conan is also really, really beautiful - and the music is fantastic.

LOTRO probably has the best sense of place and is true to Tolkien.

Secret World doesn't have that much variety - but the atmosphere in an area like Kingsmouth is just beyond compare. Even WoW can't quite match it - though WoW has a LOT more variety.

Guild Wars 2 has the best looking cities of all time - but I didn't think the terrain/zones were particularly well done. I think I saw 6-7 zones before I quit playing, and none of them stood out to me.

Originally posted by tyfon

In EvE you can lolly about in high sec no problem either unless you have enemies of your corp or pirates wanting you for some reason. If you join a NPC corp you cannot be wardeced anyway.

well thats not quite true - unless you are mining or hauling in some really crappy ship, it does happen that you get suicide attack in high sec (not to mention things lika can flipping etc.)

Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    I'm downloading Age of Wushu right now, since I've never played it. I will also check out Wulin. It comes out later, right?

age of wushu = wulin, wulin is just its name for eu market

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar bangorPosts: 468Member
    LOTRO, because you simply can't beat Middle Earth. Its more than graphics, and i can't fully explain it but all I can say is just being in that world feels fantastic.
  • kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member
    Vanguard..i spend days at a time just gathering,crafting..i've been on lvl 52 for about 2 months now lol..a lot of times i just get on my mount and travel around because its so huge.
  • MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member

Tyria (GW2) hands down.

Second would be the universe in Eve online.

Originally posted by tyfon

well thats not quite true - unless you are mining or hauling in some really crappy ship, it does happen that you get suicide attack in high sec (not to mention things lika can flipping etc.)

Yes, it's not 100% security, it is EVE afterall :)

But you can minimize your risk of getting suicided or canflipped if you want. With the new mining ships you can even mine large amounts without resorting to cans.

• ScorchienScorchien Hatboro, PAPosts: 1,323Member Uncommon
      Vanguard
  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

I got into AoW and it looks amazing. The learning curve on that game though...I'm gonna need to get my head around that. It looks complex and interesting. But I'm not sure if I'm having trouble understanding because of the tutorial, the translation, or I'm just getting a little slow.

Vanguard. Wow. I entered the game in Khal. It was an amazing view from the top of hill where the lighthouse is. The world is huge. I looked down the cliff and the ocean was beautiful. I could see the rocks and choral formations under the surface. It was so expansive. It's all one seamless world? And I was surprised to see a few other new characters running around out there. Looking forward to logging in again tomorrow.

Vanguard. Wow. I entered the game in Khal. It was an amazing view from the top of hill where the lighthouse is. The world is huge. I looked down the cliff and the ocean was beautiful. I could see the rocks and choral formations under the surface. It was so expansive. It's all one seamless world? And I was surprised to see a few other new characters running around out there. Looking forward to logging in again tomorrow.

well it is more or less seamless - what you see is real, but you can still notice seams since usually your game freezes for a few seconds (or for A second on good computers) when you are crossing it as it does load next chunk :)

• ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYPosts: 1,828Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

LOTRO and Age of Conan.

These are my picks as well

• birkenbirken Fort Covinton, NYPosts: 122Member
    Vanguard is a hidden treasure. People might say bad thing about it but that is all from launch. It is a great game hope to see u around :)
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

LOTRO and Age of Conan.

Except its all fake in those two games. They're FILLED with invisible walls and EXTREMELY exploration unfriendly.

Most beautiful explorable world goes to Vanguard, without a fucking doubt.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

LOTRO and Age of Conan.

Except its all fake in those two games. They're FILLED with invisible walls and EXTREMELY exploration unfriendly.

Wasn't the OP's question see title:

"The most beautiful world".

• ScorchienScorchien Hatboro, PAPosts: 1,323Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

LOTRO and Age of Conan.

Wasn't the OP's question see title:

"The most beautiful world".

you should probaly read his post again , he aksed for several features that he could relax and spend time doing said activities in a beautiful world....   From his description i think Vanguard actually best fits his wants.

• DirkinDirkin Manassas, VAPosts: 78Member

well it is more or less seamless - what you see is real, but you can still notice seams since usually your game freezes for a few seconds (or for A second on good computers) when you are crossing it as it does load next chunk :)

VG was the first game that I know of to feature an actually seamless world, where you can go anywhere. If you experience any freezing when crossing a chunk line, it's likely that the hard drive you have the game installed on is old or does not have particularly good read speed. With an SSD I hardly even notice chunk lines.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d AthensPosts: 388Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by corpusc
     Darkfall

lol