Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the real barracks

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    stay classy!
  • OTMotormouthOTMotormouth Member UncommonPosts: 2
    It's the least of what I'd like to say to him. Trust me, if you were to peruse the messages I've gotten from him and his ilk for years you'd applaud my restraint.
  • AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by OTMotormouth
    Originally posted by pittpete

So why waste your time OJ posting about how bad the game is?

Usually people post a review if they don't like a game, uninstall it and move on.

It boggles the mind how you guys can't let it go.

Answer my question bro.

Honestly, why can't YOU specifically let it go?

Because he's a pathetic little twat whose been spewing the same vitriol at the Rats for years.

What kind of moron hates the game so much that he screams about how crappy the game, insults the devs and wonders why he was constantly being banned from the forums while at the same time continually paying his monthly or annual subscription?

A really stupid one.

Hey OJ, haven't forgotten about the time you told me to "Fuck off and die" in an email. Right back at ya!

Please don't tell me you're a CRS employee, because thats not the right way to conduct yourself on a public forum. Every game has it's "haters" but it takes a good company to ignore them and maybe actually  find out why they are unhappy rather than taking their dirty laundry to a forum.

• OTMotormouthOTMotormouth Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I'm not a CRS employee. Haven't been for  a year. 
    I'm not a CRS employee. Haven't been for  a year. 

Ok fair enough....maybe some people are angry because CRS class thier f2p players as freeloaders and baggage? Having said that, I dont agree with constant hate on this game and company, just vote with your wallet if you dont like it

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Abyss, Spot on ref the wallet. The thing is CRS have had to put up with the ridiculous behaviour by a small twisted section of the playerbase.

That's what these people forget. They have been nursing there hate for many years sometimes, and wail when they get banned from the official forums for there inability to be tactful.

This forum is full of examples of this behaviour.
  • OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Abyssuss

Usually people post a review if they don't like a game, uninstall it and move on.

Answer my question bro.

Because he's a pathetic little twat whose been spewing the same vitriol at the Rats for years.

What kind of moron hates the game so much that he screams about how crappy the game, insults the devs and wonders why he was constantly being banned from the forums while at the same time continually paying his monthly or annual subscription?

A really stupid one.

Hey OJ, haven't forgotten about the time you told me to "Fuck off and die" in an email. Right back at ya!

Hey baby! How's the new job at Pet Smart working out for you?

And please be accurate for once, it was "Merry xmas and F off" while sending my Christmas wishes :) Death threats would be illegal!

Also, I left the game in 2005 along with the majority of the other players.   Returning in 2009 to a shell of what the game once was and to remind everyone who was right about the effect of the game mechanics "developed".  Had the rats actually listened to someone that had way better ideas than they ever did, you might still be chatting it up with the rest of cat lovers like kilemall for a living. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by OtotheJ
    Originally posted by Abyssuss

Answer my question bro.

A really stupid one.

Hey baby! How's the new job at Pet Smart working out for you?

And please be accurate for once, it was "Merry xmas and F off" while sending my Christmas wishes :) Death threats would be illegal!

Also, I left the game in 2005 along with the majority of the other players.   Returning in 2009 to a shell of what the game once was and to remind everyone who was right about the effect of the game mechanics "developed".  Had the rats actually listened to someone that had way better ideas than they ever did, you might still be chatting it up with the rest of cat lovers like kilemall for a living. 

Wow, you left the game in 05 and 4years later you went back to say I told you so, and 4 years after that you still haven't got over it, man you must be so hurt inside.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Well this certainly is the real barracks...I try to find out what went on with Antwerp today and there are no threads about it in the official WW2online forums. There were some locked threads and a very cryptic thread about suggestions for server resets but nothing else.

Apparently there are so many topics off-limits now that hardly anyone posts there.

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    It's the least of what I'd like to say to him. Trust me, if you were to peruse the messages I've gotten from him and his ilk for years you'd applaud my restraint.

I call BS on this Motormouth account. Easy for someone to make an account a few years back, leave it dormant then bring it up. Likewise, from the post number made and the number of posts and the 'quotes' (with no posts edited) looks like they are just deleting past posts me thinks.She's a marketing person, even if not still employed having a rant at customers is not the way to go. With marketing on online games you will have to take stick, it's part of the job. Having a go at customers of the firm you use to work for is going to be bad for your working capital so I think the accounts fake

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

No its MM.

She's a okay chick.  She took a lot of chit from people and handled things pretty well over all.  She didn't listen to me about Bloody Battles and now looking back, it was because of this hair brained idea of RA was already in the works and sucking money out of wwiiol and she had NO CHOICE but try to ram it down our throats, because she was made to.

No, she is real.  I've talked to her.  She's good.

Hello MM.

She at least moved on before things got real bad and for that I am thankful that someone that was nice in that company found new avenues to succeed in.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

I got an account going for something to do on the rare occasions my girlfriend is not at my house.

I like the simulation benefits, but the lag, lack of population and poor flow of battles are problematic.  Not enough pop to do any squad activities, and alone you are pretty much sitting duck in tanks or sniper/tank bait in the only ant-trail for the only m-spawn while it is up for 5 minutes.  It keeps me busy though.

Originally posted by BodkinBarber

I call BS on this Motormouth account. Easy for someone to make an account a few years back, leave it dormant then bring it up. Likewise, from the post number made and the number of posts and the 'quotes' (with no posts edited) looks like they are just deleting past posts me thinks.She's a marketing person, even if not still employed having a rant at customers is not the way to go. With marketing on online games you will have to take stick, it's part of the job. Having a go at customers of the firm you use to work for is going to be bad for your working capital so I think the accounts fake

These new people you got are straight outa the pumpkin patch.  Half of them dont even know who I am and the rest think we have someone impersonating catlady on an account from 5 years ago....LMFAO

When you own every level of this company because you were right before and after on 90% of the games content direction for the last decade, you can get under someones skin like I certianly lavish doing with these folks.  I've kicked better rats than whats left around here these days off my teamspeak channel and even strong armed them in phone negotiations by using my 800+ subscription squad :)

What they consider abuse, I consider tough love though  :)

• DOC-CRSDOC-CRS Member Posts: 7

It's funny because numbers were the highest in 2008.

Life is a bit harder when you have to use facts instead of feelings.

Dance puppet.

numbers are good because they are FREE>   Not paying for you or your ugly game.

dance....we made u.

Lots of folks moving over to Planetside2 now.  We should get a group together and play this weekend.
    Originally posted by axishatr

dance....we made u.

I'll dance with you, and stare into your hating eyes - because anyone who has not been exposed to the game for the last x years really has no idea wether you are telling the truth or the truth you are telling is warped by some inner hate.

I think, if the people reading your posts here did a little diversion and hads tour of your other posts (if only they could see the deleted ones!) they would soon realise you aren't dancing, but your having fits driven by a nervous system that is being burnt up by the desire to destroy something that many, many people play and get pleasure out of.

Shame on you.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183
    Lots of folks moving over to Planetside2 now.  We should get a group together and play this weekend.

I think there's a fairly large New Conglomerate squad there right now that got it's start while playing WW2online many years ago, "Sturmgrenadier" or something. I would try them but for some reason l like playing Terran Republic.

Originally posted by david06

I think there's a fairly large New Conglomerate squad there right now that got it's start while playing WW2online many years ago, "Sturmgrenadier" or something. I would try them but for some reason l like playing Terran Republic.

Yeah thats true, I know 6 people who quit ww2online for planetside 2, its an actual f2p model that works and the action can be quite intense, when a company hasn't updated the game for over a year and reset maps when you're about to take one of the hardest towns to get ingame, that is going to be the fallout....

Originally posted by DOC-CRS

2008? LOL

So back in early years when we had SG, BKB, KGW, 31st, TOT, 3CD, 94th, 23rd, lafayette, 3rdpz, lagus and a shit ton of other medium and small squads rolling around wasnt the peak? Thats a pretty good one

Coming back in 2009 and finding everyone in one box of forced canned play and minus anything close to the numbers present in the games actual golden age must of been just my feelings.  Apparently, I must of missed this awesome 2008 era when you had 1200+ player server peaks?

Next fairytale will be on the success of bloody battles (you cant be any more lost on what brings players to the game) RA (no one wanted) and most of the rest of the dev list from the last 8+ years that came out of left field.

Anytime you would like me to explain what players actually want, I would be happy to spell it out for you like I have since day one.  You have already run this game into the ground with your version of how things should be, it's sad really that with year after year of shedding players you dont seek some outside advice.

When all you can get out of this game is P1 flood the box with arcade mode supply for gameplay, you have completely missed 90% of what this game is capable of providing for entertainment.  Hell, I could take just the para units (one of your best units) and figure out game mechanics that would deliver more players than what you have today.  We should have many huge squads that focus on these units alone rolling around but again you would have to understand what players want and be able to implement it.  

Coming back in 2009 and finding everyone in one box of forced canned play and minus anything close to the numbers present in the games actual golden age must of been just my feelings.  Apparently, I must of missed this awesome 2008 era when you had 1200+ player server peaks?

Soooo OJ - tell me what you were doing when you were doign this.

Drvie to town A - Camp and capture it.

Drive to town B - camp and capture it.

Drive to town C - Camp and capture it.

Sounds very similar to a flashing box to me.....

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

But they really suck now.   So explain to us how the game tanked in 4 short years?  Was it the 3 of us on MMORPG that brought you down? 

Originally posted by Stug

Camp and capture is just such a dilusion of what was taking place. 

A. We rolled as a cohesive unit that not only had every member (150+ squadmates) on voice comms but would actually formulate a plan with zones of control where each person was given an actual assigment.  Thats called highly immersive squad play.  Whens the last time you seen an armor column rolling around 6 times a day? We even did this with the axis paper mache armor set and camped chars as they spawned :) You cant even get axis players to get in armor these days lol

B. This was initiated at the squad level with proven squad leaders calling the targets/plan at their speed and with the ability to not have the masses tainting the targets or supply pool.  Having unqualified hc personas telling us where to go, waiting for them or them selecting piss poor targets is what you deal with today and it blows. It's a good reason the squads are basically extinct at this point after years of being undermined and dealing with such a bad set of govening game mechanics that have choked play.  A good commander calls good targets and knows when to wrap it up.  This skill is something you dont appoint to someone its learned through trial and error.  Those that deliver will naturally get players to folllow them.  Having your game mechanics actually work against this taking place is a huge issue. 

C. You cant have a supply mechanic that results in stalinggrad at every fight or the empty towns that go with it lol.  Setting up the perfect assault means little when another flag of supply is two minutes away to reset the battle.  This takes the need to plan great attacks right out of the game imo and slows the tempo down to the mindless herd you see these days which is so a from from what squad play use to bring to the game  

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

2008? LOL

So back in early years when we had SG, BKB, KGW, 31st, TOT, 3CD, 94th, 23rd, lafayette, 3rdpz, lagus and a shit ton of other medium and small squads rolling around wasnt the peak? Thats a pretty good one

I don't have the official numbers, but those were the days man.

O were those some good times....

The thing with camping is EWS will warn you of a precamp.

Don't respond to EWS, you can't get a defense setup.

Not a lot of difference today except for AO's and TOES which suck the big one.

When I was with OJ/number6/Der Tiger there was a LOT of coordination.

I mean battle comms and what/who went where and did what.

It was maddening and so much fun even if we didn't cap a town.

Originally posted by Stug

Camp and capture is just such a dilusion of what was taking place. 

A. We rolled as a cohesive unit that not only had every member (150+ squadmates) on voice comms but would actually formulate a plan with zones of control where each person was given an actual assigment.  Thats called highly immersive squad play.  Whens the last time you seen an armor column rolling around 6 times a day? We even did this with the axis paper mache armor set and camped chars as they spawned :) You cant even get axis players to get in armor these days lol

B. This was initiated at the squad level with proven squad leaders calling the targets/plan at their speed and with the ability to not have the masses tainting the targets or supply pool.  Having unqualified hc personas telling us where to go, waiting for them or them selecting piss poor targets is what you deal with today and it blows. It's a good reason the squads are basically extinct at this point after years of being undermined and dealing with such a bad set of govening game mechanics that have choked play.  A good commander calls good targets and knows when to wrap it up.  This skill is something you dont appoint to someone its learned through trial and error.  Those that deliver will naturally get players to folllow them.  Having your game mechanics actually work against this taking place is a huge issue. 

C. You cant have a supply mechanic that results in stalinggrad at every fight or the empty towns that go with it lol.  Setting up the perfect assault means little when another flag of supply is two minutes away to reset the battle.  This takes the need to plan great attacks right out of the game imo and slows the tempo down to the mindless herd you see these days which is so a from from what squad play use to bring to the game  

I see what your saying, but it reallt was simply - span in together - drive to calculated positons - camp. I mean that is not really tacical. It may take organising, but its not as if you had any defenders spawned in waiting for you.

In fact, the lack of defence made that sort of tactic possible.

Tonight, the Allied side was chasing the 17 ID - did you see supply in that div? Wasted - completely wasted. Taken out by many attacks. Possibly a bit of camping, but you can bet it wasnt all camping but lots of open combat...the sort of thing that didnt exist in the game you played for a variety of reasons (Terrain etc)

The game era you are harking back to is one where the defender was not in the field waiting for you and tbh quite an easy environment to operate in. If you tried that today - Im not sure you'd have th same results....

The sort of organisation and operation you suggest was not open to the same sort of friction that exists in the fight today. The game has evolved and I would suggest become much more of a challenge,,