Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today is why the game will fail

Axis busting thier asses for hours almost having Antwerp capped (down to 2 CP) and DOC resets the server for daily maintenance where he HAD it in his power to wait a bit longer.  The saying that comes to mind is "Cut off your nose to spite your face" but this is beyond that.  He just cost his company at least 1/2 the Axis subs for what happened.  The good news is,  Axis won't have 200 second SD like they were dealing with and Allies might be able to win a pity map.

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Comments

• TenBlueTenBlue Member Posts: 93

I was in Antwerp on the allied side.  My first time back in the game for a long time so I didn't know about these server maintenance resets but I couldn't believe they were actually bringing the server down just as Antwerp was about to fall.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    How do you know 50% of subs from the Axis side will go? just curious...
  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Abyssuss

Umm I play Axis now and we were discussing this in side chat / TS

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by Rigamortis

OK, just people sometimes say things they won't actually do. Interesting though

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

Send them over here

Originally posted by depot12

Send them over here

So you support getting Antwerp back the way you did depot?  Shameful.  Makes me more and more glad I left the allies.

Send them over here

So you support getting Antwerp back the way you did depot?  Shameful.  Makes me more and more glad I left the allies.

No I mean't if there were disgruntled people on TS   send them over to the forum.   I dont even play the game anymore.  Besides I only play Axis anyhoo

Send them over here

No I mean't if there were disgruntled people on TS   send them over to the forum.   I dont even play the game anymore.  Besides I only play Axis anyhoo

My bad for misunderstanding you then and apologize.  Point still stands that I am glad i switched :)

Send them over here

My bad for misunderstanding you then and apologize.  Point still stands that I am glad i switched :)

It's cool.   Man seriously what is up with DOC its almost like he enjoys abusing the playerbase then wonders why everyone is unsubscribing.

• dcoy68dcoy68 Member Posts: 30
    Unsubbed.   Poor decision after poor decision.   Losing subs in reality to avoid losing them in theory if one side loses more than 2 times in a row,  bad business.
    Worst decision I have seen in a while.  This could of EASILY been avoided by simply delaying the maintenance a bit so Antwerp could of been resolved.  251 minute AO and Axis lose it the way they did.  It seems CRS has a streak of self destructiveness.
  • MosqMosq Member Posts: 67

Apologies for not understanding depot wanted you to send in temporarily disgruntled people to further fuel his hatecampaign? I actually applaud you on that! image

As for the reset, I don't know why it (apparently?) couldn't wait, but man, being on the receiving end of something like this sure sounds painful. I can understand why people are "somewhat unhappy" atm... image

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Tilo, if thats true man I don't know what to say...

Can't argue that one bro

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    One day in a long war. One town in a campaign of many days.

If you really let one hour of a day, of 24 hours of 7 days pies you off that much thats your choice.

Otherwise I'd say a sense of perspective will save you a lot of upsetting life........
  • dcoy68dcoy68 Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Stug
    One day in a long war. One town in a campaign of many days.

If you really let one hour of a day, of 24 hours of 7 days pies you off that much thats your choice.

Otherwise I'd say a sense of perspective will save you a lot of upsetting life........

Its not one.  Its many and its endless.

• bronzephishybronzephishy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    People still play this game? has anything changed...cuz all I remember was CR dropping to one or two devs....what did one of the devs just pull the plug cuz his side was losing? I wouldn't doubt it
    Hey dcoy weren't you in HC? Whats it like nowadays? You really quit?
  • mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    heh I remember when some GM chucklehead moved Allied flags a wee bit to early and basically handed AHC the baton, who cut of the Axis but then within 48 hours the entire allied army was cut off
  • battleubattleu Member UncommonPosts: 18

timed server maintenence. .. you are a bunch of WOMEN! Go play another game!

/bar

lol CRS reset the server with one CP left in Antwerp leading to a mass GHC exodus and some whole squads apparently unsubbed.

What a stupid decison 

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by battleu

Go play another game!

If you guys keep saying that you'll run out of people to play with. 

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Serious, all joking aside

Bar, was it really a timed server maintenance?

I could really care less about Antwerp because I'm sure Axis will probably take it back again, but you know this for a fact?

I know server is reset daily, but was it a smart business decision?

Almost like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Was there some kind of damage control explanation on TS or thread in the forums or on the website?

Some thing like this hurts both sides and pretty much jeopardizes what we are trying to do here.

S! 

could really care less abou twerp ha

That is no conisdence, it's not automated, DOC has to bring down the server. Of all times why when one cp is left in Twerp? 

I bet some stupid response - "we recieved reports of players lagging etc" 

last time axis nearly captured brussells and allies had a major shitstorm when CRS handed Brusells over 

its comical really 

OK lol

From another thread:

Do you know what the word "maintenance" means? It is something that is expected to be done, and scheduled ahead of time.  I work in IT.  We do maintenance where we bounce our servers but we do it at 4am when there is nobody on.  I dont do "maintenance" at 10am on a Thursday when my paying customers are using my services.   I have a plan for when I am going to do it and if I have to bump it out, so be it.   My systems are not that fragile that if I have to bump maintenance out a day or two the whole system doesnt come crashing down around me.

• battleubattleu Member UncommonPosts: 18

OK lol

From another thread:

Do you know what the word "maintenance" means? It is something that is expected to be done, and scheduled ahead of time.  I work in IT.  We do maintenance where we bounce our servers but we do it at 4am when there is nobody on.  I dont do "maintenance" at 10am on a Thursday when my paying customers are using my services.   I have a plan for when I am going to do it and if I have to bump it out, so be it.   My systems are not that fragile that if I have to bump maintenance out a day or two the whole system doesnt come crashing down around me.

What time was it for aussie players? For me it was 9am. For euro it was middle of the day.

This game does not have servers for geographic region. Your arguement, FLAWED. Terrible. Owned.