Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

China's Massively Illegal World of Warcraft Theme Park

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

China's Massively Illegal World of Warcraft Theme Park

Wow WTF <-- and I mean that literally.

>.> dont say it!

here some more pictures if you interested.

the concept seem kinda cool I guess.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    China does that a lot. They copy everything from architecture, to movie/tv manuscripts, to whole towns. They pretty much copy everything because they have no laws against it
  • ShmawShmaw Member Posts: 85
    Happiness index huh?  I like it.  China is notorious for stealing basically anything of value from a foreign company / country, and then reproducing it for resale.  Take BMW's X5 for example. 
  • wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    It's not actually illegal you know. But way cool, if I had money to do such things I would certainly have a looksie.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

What they don't tell you is that it is actually an experiment in mutli-dimensional space.

On entering the park, your family is divided up into multiple parallel realities and cannot access each other except in the food court.  Fortunately, the entire amusement park is completely soloable and can be completed quickly.

Once completed, the family is regrouped in the food court where they wait in line and get teleported to a "dungeon" ride which they do over and over for several weeks until everyone has received their prizes.

*grin*

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Thats taking WoW clone to whole different level.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Fearum

hahahah :D true

And we can safely say that WoW is 100% themepark

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Fearum

hahahah :D true

And we can safely say that WoW is 100% themepark

Yes perhaps the person that designed that THEMEPARK reads this forum a bit to literally when people talk about WoW clones being Themeparks

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The first picture is ripping off the first lotr movie.
  • Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    The great thing about having a billion people in a market-driven world is that you are never wrong.  What's Blizzard going to do, sue?  Yeah right.  They may be able to get away with that "sue" stuff here, but over there, they'll just take WoW away in response. 

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I looked at the pictures at ign and I really don't see where they stole anything from Warcraft. Everything looks like it is generic fantasy stuff.  There are centaurs, dragons, etc... in almost every game out there.

Blizzard doesn't own the rights to dragons, centaurs, or pandas.  

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    We should put together an Alliance raid and invade the Horde's city.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Beatnik59
    The great thing about having a billion people in a market-driven world is that you are never wrong.  What's Blizzard going to do, sue?  Yeah right.  They may be able to get away with that "sue" stuff here, but over there, they'll just take WoW away in response. 

You can't really sue somebody in a country that has no laws against that sort of thing. That's where the IGN reporter is kind of a moron when he uses words like "illegal" and "lets see how long it stays open"

Even though China has signed international copyright agreements they rarely if ever, inforces them

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189

I think IGN is just trying to stir up controversy to get hits on their site.

Looking at those images I don't recognize any of them as being from World of Warcraft. It seems themepark designed with a fatnasy / catroony theme in mind, so its similiar but its not ripping off WoW.

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I looked at the pictures at ign and I really don't see where they stole anything from Warcraft. Everything looks like it is generic fantasy stuff.  There are centaurs, dragons, etc... in almost every game out there.

My thoughts exactly, is like saying that Warcraft  is a rip off of Warhammer.

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Hardly going to harm sales though is it?
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by TrunksZ

My thoughts exactly, is like saying that Warcraft  is a rip off of Warhammer.

Ahh, but Warcraft IS a ripoff of Warhammer...Blizzard lost the rights to Warhammer while the game which magically became Warcraft.

Anyway...if I go to China I would go to this place, looks great.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Looks nothing like WoW to me and the panda looks more like Po than any of the artwork I've seen from Blizzard.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121

I'll post here what I posted in the other MMORPG thread about this:

I'd like to point out that almost (read below) all of the photos I can find via that link and through a few more are loosely, if at all, based on WoW. They appear to be generic fantasy elements (dragons, centaurs, elves, etc).

The one photo you can confirm is a WoW reference is a sign mentioning Kael'thas - and this could simply be a nod from the themepark designers to WoW.

While I would love a WoW themepark - this is a strecth.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    In the same context I guess you could say that WoW ripped off China for the Panda's and the Far Eastern theme of MOP.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I like it.

Too bad i have been drinking a bit too much and can't tell you what i further think about it. It would derail this thread and be way to off topic.

• storm219storm219 Member UncommonPosts: 13

The Greeks already filed a lawsuit! The statues in LOTR, Warcraft and this theme park are copies of the colossus of rhodos. Do I see a centaur there?! That will be expensive!

Prepare to pay, greece WANTS (& needs) your money!

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    That centaur got some balls of steel

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    it's china and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

^ This