Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Geographic Restriction?

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I only just discovered this game, and after looking at various articles and videos I'm pretty psyched!

However, I went to the official site at defiance.com/en and it wont let me watch any of the previews for the show. I click on "explore the show" then click on the play icon on the video to play it and it says "this content is currently unavailable" and flashes up  Geographic Restriction - This content is not available in your location. I am in the UK.... which is one of the main markets for Defiance as the show will be broadcast on SyFy here too. 

What gives? As far as I know, the show will be broadcast on SyFy in the USA and in the UK simultaneously so why cant I view the previews? I hope there isnt going to be some sort of geographic lock down for the game too!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by stragen001

I only just discovered this game, and after looking at various articles and videos I'm pretty psyched!

However, I went to the official site at defiance.com/en and it wont let me watch any of the previews for the show. I click on "explore the show" then click on the play icon on the video to play it and it says "this content is currently unavailable" and flashes up  Geographic Restriction - This content is not available in your location. I am in the UK.... which is one of the main markets for Defiance as the show will be broadcast on SyFy here too. 

What gives? As far as I know, the show will be broadcast on SyFy in the USA and in the UK simultaneously so why cant I view the previews? I hope there isnt going to be some sort of geographic lock down for the game too!

It will most likely air in the UK 6 months later than in the US.  It's a contract thing, based on the US cable companies having contracts with Sy-Fy, ...and the US advertisement companies paying for it as well.    This is really no different than US viewers having to wait 6 months for Merlin and Dr. Who episodes to show up here because they're paid for by UK cable companies and adverts there.