Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALTERNATIVE TO DAY-Z OR WAR-Z(day-z clone)

Comments

• mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122

to be perfectly blunt your not going to see it  '' implementation is better'' .. i agree but you have to realise this all cost money, nothing is free. i could build my demo i would but i cant,,

there seems to be little hope for people with ideas. i can describe every aspect of my game to you if you like, but i cant build the game or demo without money .i havent reached that level in unity. thats why i'am outsourcing my work

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by mcool

to be perfectly blunt your not going to see it  '' implementation is better'' .. i agree but you have to realise this all cost money, nothing is free. i could build my demo i would but i cant,,

there seems to be little hope for people with ideas. i can describe every aspect of my game to you if you like, but i cant build the game or demo without money .i havent reached that level in unity. thats why i'am outsourcing my work

You have just ideas, anyone can have ideas. I can put an idea up for the most amazing game ever and ask for money but nobody is going to back me, you know why? Because you have to have a solid foundation before you ask for something. What about people who invent things, and need money to further move their ideas? They cannot just say hey I have an idea for a car battery that runs on childrens tears and doesn't ever run out fund me! Without solid proof they have a way to make that work, nobody will throw money towards it. What you have are other peoples drawings, and nothing more. That's great you found some pictures that look like your idea, that's really cool, now how will you get that into a game? Outsourcing is a way, but you haven't said who you were outsourcing to, or even started to pour any of your own money into this. You are hoping other people will throw money it at you so you can attempt to make it work. What if it doesn't work? Then you took peoples money and basically created a scam without trying to do that.  

" You have just ideas, anyone can have ideas. " your right but i have created a GDD for my game. detialing everything about it

architects builds draw up house plans , the same goes for a lot of designers, the whole point is that people look at your idea ,then decide if its worth investing

''Outsourcing is a way, but you haven't said who you were outsourcing to, or even started to pour any of your own money into this.'' the company name is vetrod technologies.. 

i have poured hundreds in making my game. just reading that line make me laugh. the fact is i need thousands, the reason i came to indiegogo is because i cant fund my idea by myself.  

$5,500 is so small but it would make a huge difference.so many people bashing the game without reading. i guess its because my name is activision or EA .. 

• Godshelp12Godshelp12 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited August 2015

Post edited by Godshelp12 on
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

Everyone and his neighbor's dog has game ideas.  A lot of people even have good ideas.  What is scarce is people who can actually implement those ideas and make them work with an actual program that actually runs in the intended manner on real hardware in the real world.

it depends. all ideas need money, you make it sound like we can all just go on the computer and make a demo

people fund ideas. before the next call of duty is released ,people write down their ideasd and more importantly  A GDD .  then its up to the project manager to decide if the game goes green. you can't say because there is no demo thererfore my  campaign makes no sense

there should be a clear difference from someone who has an idea for a game and someone who has the GDD for his game idea.

check out the campaign http://www.indiegogo.com/CODE-Z/x/1825980

this is their site http://www.veltrod.com/
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    why not just make a campaign for funding a demo then see where that goes?
    this is their site http://www.veltrod.com/

There is no proof on that website that they will code a game for you. There is software design, but in no way is that a game.

good idea.i may do that. but the problem is advertising. ii so difficult to advertise to my project. many people just look at the site and dont contribute. that is the problem i'am having now
    good idea.i may do that. but the problem is advertising. ii so difficult to advertise to my project. many people just look at the site and dont contribute. that is the problem i'am having now

But that's why you would need a demo, to help you advertise. If you don't have anything other than stolen pictures and an idea nobody will help you. Why aren't you getting that. 

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Apparently they will have this puppy coded and up and running in a mere 4 months for under 6K- So you have been "working" on this for three + years and have nothing to show but once you have 6K this will materialize within MONTHS.

-Are you trolling?

Originally posted by Panther2103

But that's why you would need a demo, to help you advertise. If you don't have anything other than stolen pictures and an idea nobody will help you. Why aren't you getting that. 

Well said.

/thread

• HaegemonHaegemon Member UncommonPosts: 267

Actually, everyone can go out and make a demo. There's a WEALTH of free, publicly available tutorials across programming, modelling, and various engines which all have freely available versions.

Unity, as a product and platform, almost singlehandedly proves you can just go out and make a demo, with the freely available UnrealED, CryEngine 3 editor, and more freely available for people to start learning and building out their concepts.

And if you look across other indie games that are getting funded across various crowdfunding, they have 100x better pitch-presentations and pre-planned/developed assets to display.

You've got 4 generic zombie-themed game pieces of concept art. Nothing that hasn't been seen/done a dozen places, nothing contemporary to draw the attention, and just from namesake, nothing contemporarily invovative or original, seeing as it's billed in this thread as basically a clone of a drasically more popular product spearheading a genere which already has a second high-profile title in development (State of Decay) and has even already had it's first shady scam-based game in War-Z.

Even if you're just showing the gameplay with no final art and black/white models, if you want to even be taken seriously, you really need to have something tangible in the pitch and not just some rehashed concepts spattered with wishful idealism.

And this is coming from having backed 22 seperate computer games over Kickstarter in the past 12mo, 7 of which are teams of 3 or less, all of which had drastically more compelling pitches or development histories to support their product.

Make something tangible, prove to the public that you even take yourself seriously, and then re-pitch your idea, don't just try to ride the wave while it's high-tide for crowdfunding.

Lets Push Things Forward

I knew I would live to design games at age 7, issue 5 of Nintendo Power.

Support games with subs when you believe in their potential, even in spite of their flaws.

• Godshelp12Godshelp12 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited August 2015

Post edited by Godshelp12 on

are you guys listening to me, would you have donated money to my campaign if i was asking forr a demo instead of the full game?. unlikely. 

the problem is people are stingy. advertising is essential and a very difficult thing to do. most people arent donating because there is no demo or proof of gameplay. if i set up the indiegogo account asking  money for a demo ,i would get backlash because a lot of people dont feel comfertable putting money in a game thats right at the beginning of the development cycle .understand?

people dont fund start ups. (i wish i realised thatbefore) they fund projects that have some success already(demo's or people who worked on othr titles. but when your project is at the beginning (post concept ) ,nobody cares. its harsh but that is the reality

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

I was going to caustic but I bit it back this time because you honeslty sound young, perhaps too young to understand the complexity of the project you are about to undertake.

Some basic points:

Get an editor to proofread your proposal.

Do some more artwork. I was doing better gun models at 16 years of age.

Dont use other peoples art assets - it has to be all your own.

Come up with a demo level in unity to show your art assets, your aesthetic interpretation, your idea for your world.

Recommendation:

You simply need to have the time and patience to present a much better proposal. Once you do you may realise you will need more money to acheive what you want.

Also try to find a hackerspace like group in your local area where coders get together and try to "build a game in 2 days." We have these events in Melbourne so Im sure they have similar where you are. Even if you know nothing you will learn a huge amount in those 2 days and have a much more thoroughly detailed understanding of your own project while meeting lots of people in your local community with similar interests.

Best of luck.

they also outsource work, they have programmers who can also work on games. its called multi tasking

look, here is the campaign, i'am going now because this quite frankly is ridiculous thanks for bashing my game, its good to see the mmo community do what they do best...COMPLAIN

seriously.just look at the posts or threads , you guys are ALWAYS complaining. " gw2 failed, it has no end game " or " the mmoindustry is doomed ,they keep recycling ideas"  the list goes on and on. why dont you get behind me and see how you can contribute to this idea instead of looking for every flaw you can find.... 

are you guys listening to me, would you have donated money to my campaign if i was asking forr a demo instead of the full game?. unlikely. 

No. But its quite obviouse to me that people are not donating as it is since all you are providing is a very brief idea without much infiormation and artwork which is not yours. The information is sketchy ane grammar atrocious (I am not the grammar Police either - On a forum its fine, but not a project you are asking others to fund)

It looks like you threw something together with little thought which took maybe an hour and now want 6 grand- And are surprised the money isnt being thrown at your feet

the problem is people are stingy. advertising is essential and a very difficult thing to do. most people arent donating because there is no demo or proof of gameplay. if i set up the indiegogo account asking  money for a demo ,i would get backlash because a lot of people dont feel comfertable putting money in a game thats right at the beginning of the development cycle .understand?

Stingy? Really? The problem is based on what you have shown this project has zero hance of ever seeing the light of day and could very well be a scam.

people dont fund start ups. (i wish i realised thatbefore) they fund projects that have some success already(demo's or people who worked on othr titles. but when your project is at the beginning (post concept ) ,nobody cares. its harsh but that is the reality

Just...Wow. The more you talk the more inept your project looks.

they also outsource work, they have programmers who can also work on games. its called multi tasking

look, here is the campaign, i'am going now because this quite frankly is ridiculous thanks for bashing my game, its good to see the mmo community do what they do best...COMPLAIN

seriously.just look at the posts or threads , you guys are ALWAYS complaining. " gw2 failed, it has no end game " or " the mmoindustry is doomed ,they keep recycling ideas"  the list goes on and on. why dont you get behind me and see how you can contribute to this idea instead of looking for every flaw you can find.... 

If you think of us like that (which is very true) then why come here to ask for help? Why not go somewhere else that may actually attempt to fund you? Most people voiced their opinions against kickstarter quite a few times, and since I'm assuming kickstarter wouldn't allow you to start the funding there, you went to indiegogo which has way less terms to abide to.

• DeminizDeminiz Member UncommonPosts: 30
    this is obviously a troll. nothing to see here, move along!
  • scottyg2scottyg2 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Deminiz

Unfortunately looking at his past posts (and "projects") I honesty don't think he's a troll.
    This looks like another attempt at a fotm game where he hopes to make bank.

Look, people aren't backing you not because you are backed by a publisher, not because we are stingy,
    And not because all we buy is call of duty.

People aren't backing you because you can't even put the effort into representing your idea. If you are too
    Lazy (or inexperienced) to:
    1. Proof read
    2. Have a concrete idea
    3. Have some sort of work/proof
    4. Have realistic goals
    No one in their right mind will give you money.

Originally posted by scottyg2
    Originally posted by Deminiz

Unfortunately looking at his past posts (and "projects") I honesty don't think he's a troll. This looks like another attempt at a fotm game where he hopes to make bank. Look, people aren't backing you not because you are backed by a publisher, not because we are stingy, And not because all we buy is call of duty. People aren't backing you because you can't even put the effort into representing your idea. If you are too Lazy (or inexperienced) to: 1. Proof read 2. Have a concrete idea 3. Have some sort of work/proof 4. Have realistic goals No one in their right mind will give you money.

Wow- based on your post I took a peek at his past posts.

Yup. He had "already paid" developers to make a GTA MMO for him last year and some other project had him calling people stupid and arguing with everyone... He was adamite about not showing his work (much of which was completed) and had a "team" of developers.

He isnt a troll- He is delusional and just doesnt see what everyone is telling him- Instead he gets angry and calls people "stingy" and 'haters" etc..

Heres a quote from him:

i knew that the people on mmorpg.com were moany but i didnt think you guys were stupid... 

i spent over £5000 on the game , why does that come as a surprise.. minecraft, angry birds, and most apps  were all designed under that budget..if you hire freelancers, the production is much cheaper.. i aleady mentioned that i'am not backed b a major publisher

i said there was 300 active npc's. that doest include passengers or policemen etc.. active npc's, who contribute to the player's story

leave the thread please.... you dont know what your talking about

AND

the name of my previous game was called battlereign, it was a war strategy game , but you could enter the battle you were commanding, the developer compltely messed up..

it was fps /war strategy mmo

it took me five months. they cancelled because members of the dev team were leaving..

the main issues were money issues, they couldnt continue because i had paid so little for the devlopement.. i tried my best to get a good deal but obviously it backfired.. it is still thier fault since we agreed on finishing the game but they gave me the 3d art modles and left.. chekc them out ,.. their company is called digital artflow

i dont reallu understand what you mean by cluster configuration, are you talking about the ho the server is set up

300 fans, without advertisment.. i made the game through unity ,so i adveritsed through the unity 3d forums

the game started august 2011.. and ended febuary..

AND

MMORPG Game Concepts « Developers Corner

5/05/12 8:23:34 AM

LOOL, am serious abotut the game, it cost me a fortune to produce since am not backed by any major publisher, soon to be released.

-And that about sums it up.

His profile also claims he is in his 30s so youth is not an excuse here...

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

this is a pretty funny thread , the op is clueless as well as everyone I know does not look and play games based on who makes them but based on reviews of what they think is fun. I played xsyon for awhile and that is indie. Hell minecraft is indie and look at how much money they have made and thats in java.... Angry Birds was indie and about to go bankrupt when they finally got lucky and made it big.

OP coming on this site talking trash from the first post on and making every excuse in the world of why we all suck and you rock just pisses off majority of the people who might of actually took you halfway serious. Also I have a background in the game industry and I can tell you that if you are not willing to put together a strong sound plan with at least a simple video demo of what you want to do and take the time to learn to code yourself at least some CGI or something , absolutely no one is going to take you serious. You can make all the poor excuses you want for people not being interested but you only have yourself to blame for not even bothering to be professional and respectful to the community you are asking money from.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Stizzled

I've read through your idiegogo proposal, as well as your post history, and all I can say is wow. I don't believe that your intentionally trying to scam, but a scam is exactly what this is.

Your first game was never completed because of money issues, leaving you with nothing but the art assets.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4965200#4965200

Your second game was supposedly nearly complete, you just lacked the funding to market it. The concept of this almost finished game sounds quite similar to this one, what ever happend with it?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4965007#4965007

Based on your previous game developement history, it looks like any money given to you will be wasted. You seem to think that your going to get someone else to create a quaility game for you on the cheap, allowing you to do nothing but rake in the dough and come up with more ideas. I'm sorry, but that just isn't how game development works, especially indie game development.

People such as yourself hontestly anger me. There are people like me, who have ideas for games, games that we think could be great. I myself have been going to school for the past few years studying game design and programming, creating small games and trying to teach myself the basics of pixel art and 3D modeling in my free time. i have ideas that I want to get out of my head and into the hands of gamers around the world, and I'm actually doing something about it.

Then you have people such as yourself, who have an idea, and instead of putting in the hard work to make it happen you just want to skip everthing and get someone else to do it for you. What's even worse is you want other people to fund this crap for you. You don't want to put in any of the work, you don't want to put in any of your money. You just want someone to do everything for you because you are so special and your game idea is the best ever, I mean you have a GDD afterall. You make me sick.

I'm sorry if that was overly harsh, I just get tired of seeing these "best MMO ever" idea threads pop up every week. This was the first time that I've ever seen one come with a crowd funding attempt attached, it just left a rotten taste in my mouth.

better get used to it man as with these new kickstarter sites coming up now its only a matter of time before people actually start getting really scammed for tons of money until like most other older sites that used to do similiar , have to pull the plug because legit companies cannot get funding for fear of everyone thinking they are shady and scammers to.

Remember when craigslist was actually safe for everyone ? where you could buy and sell without fear of being scammed or robbed? lol its only a matter of time before the crooks and cons find a way to do the same with this stuff and rake in 1000s. I know i personally wouldnt fund a dime of my hard earned money to a bunch of wishes and lazy people who cannot even bother learning enough to make a demo or put out some actual work.