Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Are there RPG elements?

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
I know this is a MMOFPS. But are there RPG elements such as leveling, stats, and items with stats or more of just a shooter with lots of guns?

Comments

• DeniZgDeniZg ZagrebPosts: 668Member Uncommon

That's actually what interests me as well. How much RPG can we find in this game?

As far as I know, your character progression has a skill system which uses point allocation. You can find out more about it here.

Hopefully, we'll get much more info after this beta weekend.

• SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Posts: 879Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Raserei
    I know this is a MMOFPS. But are there RPG elements such as leveling, stats, and items with stats or more of just a shooter with lots of guns?

Not to sound overly rude, but prior to posting such obviously easy to Google questions I'd like to suggest that in the future just go to the website and read the FAQ, watch some of the development videos, and gain the general overview of the game itself.  To still appropriately answer the question....

1) Yes, there is leveling in the game to where players earn points to increasing their EGO.

2)  There are items, many items.  The game's developers stated on terms of Borderlands in the amount of items and weapon obtainable.

3)  If you've even watched the ARG campaign related to Von Bache Industries, which does an overview of the EGO abilities, you'd see that there's more than "just a shooter with lots of guns."

P.S. It's not an MMOFPS, because it's 3rd person shooting, not first person. It's still an MMORPG because it's role playing elements.   More over, it's elements of story are created for both game and TV show in sync.  There are many interesting stories created in this newer IP.

• svandysvandy mount holly, NJPosts: 229Member Uncommon

Yes. It's not ridiculously deep, but its enough that you can mix/match and make your own unique character that you feel attached too. And it has alot of gear drops and vendors to buy gear. Stats, abilities, xp, etc.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!